1908 Tunguska Event and 1776 Johan Frescotio Map

The Tunguska event was a large explosion that occurred near the Stony Tunguska River in Russia, on the morning of 30 June 1908. The explosion over the sparsely populated Eastern Siberian Taiga flattened 2,000 square kilometres (770 square miles) of forest, yet caused no known human casualties. The explosion is generally attributed to the air burst of a meteor. It is classified as an impact event, even though no impact crater has been found; the object is thought to have disintegrated at an altitude of 5 to 10 kilometres (3 to 6 miles) rather than to have hit the surface of the Earth.
Interesting, but it appears that the 1908 Tunguska Event site could be present on the below 1776 map done by Johan Frescotio. Could be just a coincidence, of course...

KD: Am I off, or this is the site?

There is a video where Gene Decode talks about Tunguska event as 2 et space crafts event.

The Tunguska event was a large explosion that occurred near the Stony Tunguska River in Russia, on the morning of 30 June 1908. The explosion over the sparsely populated Eastern Siberian Taiga flattened 2,000 square kilometres (770 square miles) of forest, yet caused no known human casualties. The explosion is generally attributed to the air burst of a meteor. It is classified as an impact event, even though no impact crater has been found; the object is thought to have disintegrated at an altitude of 5 to 10 kilometres (3 to 6 miles) rather than to have hit the surface of the Earth.
Interesting, but it appears that the 1908 Tunguska Event site could be present on the below 1776 map done by Johan Frescotio. Could be just a coincidence, of course...

KD: Am I off, or this is the site?
Looks like a forest to me except that I'd expect to see quite a few more on the map other than just this one. Still, "Tunguska" is listed as a site to the southwest of "Tungus(?) on the map. Can't quite make out that last letter.

Similar articles
Article starter Title Section Replies Date
KorbenDallas What event turned Scythia into Tartary? Tartary olim Scythia 29

Similar articles

Back