Disappearing websites

dreamtime

Reactions
And just so we're clear... the registration of the domain name 'wildheretic.com' has not expired and there is no 30-days-to-get-it-back-up scenario. It does not expire until April 7th at which point it would then go into a 30 day (perhaps even 90) limbo at which point it would then get turned off.

Something else is wrong and I do think it's DNS (403 is usually DNS related), but most likely just powered down. It could also be an expired SSL cert and there is a redirect to https:// through DNS or IIS that borks it.
True, and the fact that the site is hosted at the domain registrar service means that it is either a technical error, or someone else gained access to the account and changed the permissions.

Either way, the site is still up, just not accessible.

whitewave

Reactions
WildHeretic is a member of StolenHistory.org so I tried sending her a PM to ask "what's up with your site"? but this site said she could not be found. I hope all is well with her. Life does sometimes get in the way of interneting so maybe she's just taking a break?

whitewave

Reactions
I know I've seen WildHeretic post on this site before but I may be confusing the gender with BenevolentHeretic from ATS. At any rate, thanks for the link. Have you tried contacting wild heretic?

whitewave

Reactions
I wonder what Alex Jones was working on when he got the boot? Anybody know? I couldn't ever stand to listen to his lunatic ravings (although he did have some well-researched topics). He's been ranting for years but he must've finally touched a sacred nerve to get shut down as quickly as he did. Just curious as to what it was.

TPTB themselves will point you in the direction you need to look for valuable information. I wasn't interested in raw milk until I saw all the furor being raised in regards to it. If TPTB are railing against something then it's an indication of things they fear. Anti-vaxxers is a big one. Raw milk is another. Anti-smoking, gun control, voter ID, South pole research, the list goes on. If our government wasn't raising such a stink about so many things of seeming unimportance to national security I would never have been alerted as to what to research.

They really are some short-sighted, power-mad, little Caesar wannabes. Still, they DO have the power to shut down sites of information or lock you in a looney bin or prison. It pays to be on our toes.

wild heretic

Reactions
Guys,

Whitewave just commented on the 403 forbidden issue with my website.

I have been looking into it since Monday. It was up on Friday so must have happened at the weekend.

The server hosts help desk were a bit shit, but I contacted them again yesterday and they said they have now put my site problem up to highest priority.

I'll contact them tomorrow if the problem still persists.

This happened a couple of years back and the problem was easily fixable. Not this time it seems.

I hope it is a generic issue and not a hacking one. The only people with the intent and skill to hack a site like that are the space military boys not liking what I said about their polar satellites scanning both sides of the sun.

Mudflood topics aren't an issue that's for sure.

I haven't fiddled with the site at all , so it wasn't me causing the problem.

I hope it is up and running again soon.

wild heretic

Reactions
Seems like it's all good now :)

It's grand now. I asked hostmonster what the problem was and they said it was the permissions file that changed. They thought it was probably a wordpress plugin update that was the culprit.

Maybe I have a few of them on automatic update. I'm not sure as I haven't looked at the back end in years lol. I haven't upgraded anything manually however so not sure what happened exactly.