Disappearing websites

ripvanwillie

Reactions
WARNING This morning I discovered I can no longer access the wildheretic.com website. I get a 403 forbidden code. Can anyone here access wildheretic.com, particularly from other countries? Does anyone know how to contact him? I have a hard time thinking this site was removed voluntarily. Alternative theory sites are disappearing fast. The internet is being cleansed, as far as I can tell.

I'm concerned for StolenHistory.ORG as well. I recommend backing everything up that you post. You may wake up to find "403 forbidden" here as well.

Also, google+ personal accounts are being closed soon, so if you have any favorite sites, you better make copies because they will be gone in a few weeks.

*IT'S TIME TO COLLECT OUR RESEARCH AND MAKE SURE WE HAVE SAFE COPIES OFF THE INTERNET OR WE MAY LOSE ALL OF OUR HARD WORK!

There will still be ways to communicate and pass ideas, but we must protect our research!

http://www.wildheretic.com/
Shutting down Google+ for consumer (personal) accounts on April 2, 2019 - Google+ Help

Magnetic

Reactions
WARNINGThis morning I discovered I can no longer access the wildheretic.com website. I get a 403 forbidden code. Can anyone here access wildheretic.com, particularly from other countries? Does anyone know how to contact him? I have a hard time thinking this site was removed voluntarily. Alternative theory sites are disappearing fast. The internet is being cleansed, as far as I can tell.

I'm concerned for StolenHistory.ORG as well. I recommend backing everything up that you post. You may wake up to find "403 forbidden" here as well.

Also, google+ personal accounts are being closed soon, so if you have any favorite sites, you better make copies because they will be gone in a few weeks.

*IT'S TIME TO COLLECT OUR RESEARCH AND MAKE SURE WE HAVE SAFE COPIES OFF THE INTERNET OR WE MAY LOSE ALL OF OUR HARD WORK!

There will still be ways to communicate and pass ideas, but we must protect our research!

Shutting down Google+ for consumer (personal) accounts on April 2, 2019 - Google+ Help
I get the 403 too for the wild heretic site. Ya stuff is disappearing...I was on that site a few weeks ago.

whitewave

Reactions
I may be mistaken but I think wildheretic is a "she" and is on stolenhistory.org now so maybe she just switched over? Are there any other sites you've noticed that are closed or off limits?

ShemTov

Reactions
in one month from yesterday wildheretic.com goes back up for sale so if she wants it she should go renew.

peace

esgee1

Reactions
All the websites or Youtube channels I visit are all still up and running. I'm not worried about a blanket censorship happening online. I don't see any evidence of it. As for wildheretic.com I don't think I've ever visited that website before.

I did run into an issue a day ago where stolenhistory.org had an invalid security certificate and my browser gave me "Your connection is not secure" message. That had me worried! But, shortly after that the security certificate was renewed and valid and I was able to access this site again. Thanks for catching that quickly KD!

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Our forum is backed up weekly, with the backup being stored separately from the server.

The SSL certificate was supposed to get renewed automatically, but for whatever reason it did not. Hopefully this issue is out of the way.

As far as the WH website goes, hopefuly it does get renewed, though I am not aware of 403 errors being caused by hosting renewal failures. I could be wrong though. At the same time I doubt that any foul actions are at play here.

ShemTov

Reactions
Our forum is backed up weekly, with the backup being stored separately from the server.
The SSL certificate was supposed to get renewed automatically, but for whatever reason it did not. Hopefully this issue is out of the way.

As far as the WH website goes, hopefuly it does get renewed, though I am not aware of 403 errors being caused by hosting renewal failures. I could be wrong though. At the same time I doubt that any foul actions are at play here.
403/404/500 errors
Last Updated: Feb 12, 2019
If you’re getting a 403, 404, or 500 error when you go to your domain name, there are a variety of different causes that may be to blame. Below are some of the more common issues and how to fix them.
How to troubleshoot 403, 404, or 500 errors
The first thing you should do is check the DNS records on your domain name.

according to icann she has 30 days or the system takes it back. maybe it is just a massive coincidence that it went dead on this date... but it would not hurt for her to renew and see if that works. it must be done to keep it at least.

peace

ps there are folks who have software that snaps these up the instant they come available and hold them hostage at inflated prices. its all legal unless you have a good trade name.

Last edited:
OP
ripvanwillie

ripvanwillie

Reactions
I may be mistaken but I think wildheretic is a "she" and is on stolenhistory.org now so maybe she just switched over? Are there any other sites you've noticed that are closed or off limits?
I stand corrected. She has/had a very good site. I hope the issues can be resolved. There are also many youtube accounts getting closed. Many videos lost. I've had to hunt some down on the so-called dark web. Lot's of concave earth videos disappearing while flat earth videos are popping up nonstop. Pretty weird.
I've never seen that forbidden code before, and since it came up overnight with no explanation, I felt it appropriate to issue a warning to others about censorship. I'm glad things are being backed up since so much hard research has been done here.

Onthebit

Reactions
Just a little anecdote: When I took the train to Montreal last month on VIA rail I was unable to access THIS site. Something to do with black listed sites.... (using the free wifi on the train)

realitycheck

Reactions
There is a way to view shut down websites (or at least some of them) via archive such as wayback machine. Does data there get edited or removed I do not know but while you can access web content you can always save it on your local hard drive or maybe just most important stuff.
Example - you can access wildheretic.com this way Wayback Machine

Years with graphs show when archives were made and dates marked with blue are point you click on to see archive of that web made on that date.

Also for any other closed site you need domain name and you can check if there is any archive for it - hope this will help some of you find missing information from closed sites.

dreamtime

Reactions
the domain is still online, but the server is not accessible. He is still in control of the domain.

Maybe someone hacked him and changed the permissions on the server, making everything inaccessible, or it is simply a mistake or technical error.

Maxine

Reactions

I wonder how can we contact you to retrieve the latest copy of the forums in case that SHTF and this forums would go, or the whole internet will go down...

Paracelsus

Reactions
WARNING This morning I discovered I can no longer access the wildheretic.com website. I get a 403 forbidden code. Can anyone here access wildheretic.com, particularly from other countries? Does anyone know how to contact him? I have a hard time thinking this site was removed voluntarily. Alternative theory sites are disappearing fast. The internet is being cleansed, as far as I can tell.

That's why I'm rocking that kick ass analog tech. No painful process to rebuild it for me!

Veritas

Reactions
One thing i might mention is that i use malwarebytes and it has been blocking almost all sites related to stolen history subject matter telling me it was blocked due to a trojan virus. in fact i had to force this site through the filter to view it at all and almsot all my sites from russia are gone same way.

Jef Demolder

Reactions
From Belgium no access to wildheretic.com. I am reading a lot of Russian sites. They are in my favorites, translated with www.translatetheweb.com. Since ten days or so, the Russian blogs on livejournal.com are not accessible anymore through my favorites. And now none of the Russian sites is accessible this way. Sometimes I receive an error code 404, most of the time nothing happens. But I can still access the translation by typing the URL directly in translate.google.com.

dreamtime

Reactions
I wonder how can we contact you to retrieve the latest copy of the forums in case that SHTF and this forums would go, or the whole internet will go down...
I think when a website disappears, it is in 99% of the cases due to the owner deleting it, although in some cases there can definitely some pressure from behind to make the owner force to do that. You don't simply lose a domain.

But obviously controversial sites have a history of disappearing, be it due to social pressure or other reasons why someone decides to delete a site containing sensitive content.

A practical solution would be for members of this forum to push all URLs to archive.org regularly:
I suggest for @KorbanDallas to include a script to push every thread into archive.org or buy a subscription to Archive-It - Web Archiving Services for Libraries and Archives, although that may be too expensive

Here are all ways for users to add new pages: Save Pages in the Wayback Machine

Last edited:

anotherlayer

Reactions
And just so we're clear... the registration of the domain name 'wildheretic.com' has not expired and there is no 30-days-to-get-it-back-up scenario. It does not expire until April 7th at which point it would then go into a 30 day (perhaps even 90) limbo at which point it would then get turned off.

Something else is wrong and I do think it's DNS (403 is usually DNS related), but most likely just powered down. It could also be an expired SSL cert and there is a redirect to https:// through DNS or IIS that borks it.