1730 Map: Kamchatka Peninsula, Land Bridge & Terra Incognita Americana

This Terra Incognita Americana is what I called it. Obviously, we do not really see from the below 1730 map compilation what this chunk of land was attached to. But... what else could it be.
  • I think the land could be a part of either Anian or Quivira Regnums.
ania-q.jpg

Source

Anyways, let's start with the Kamchatka Peninula.

Kamchatka-7.jpg

The Kamchatka Peninsula is a 1,250-kilometre-long (780 mi) peninsula in the Russian Far East, with an area of about 270,000 km2 (100,000 sq mi). The Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Okhotsk make up the peninsula's eastern and western coastlines, respectively. Immediately offshore along the Pacific coast of the peninsula runs the 10,500-metre (34,400-ft) deep Kuril–Kamchatka Trench.

Map Source: Geographica Nova. Mare Caspium altera Kamtzadaliam seu Terram Jedso curiose exhibet.

kamchantka-1.jpg

I do not know how much trust can be put into those ocean scans, but we have what we have, and it does look like there was something in the area of what I called Terra Incognita Americana. But... some huge and hungry monster came and "bit it off".

Kamchatka-2.jpg

The Land Bridge
Who knows, may be that land bridge theory is not a theory after all. Heck, may be it was a lot more than just a "bridge." Of course, TPTB and historians push its existence to some ridiculous 20,000 years ago, but that's what they do. The farther you tuck stuff away, the less people care, right?
  • The Bering land bridge is a postulated route of human migration to the Americas from Asia about 20,000 years ago.
  • An open corridor through the ice-covered North American Arctic was too barren to support human migrations before around 12,600 BP.
Some phantom lands just keep on popping up on the maps which are not even that old. This one was allegedly composed circa 1730. That's less than 300 years old.

More Than a Land Bridge
Little findings like this one are consistent with some other research previously done by our blog members. What if this Terra Incognita Americana was a remnant of something bigger than just a "bridge"?

What happened?
... when and how?...
KD: What kind of events could alter our Earth to the point where we blame cartographers of the past of making stuff up, and being poorly educated.
  • When did these events really take place?
  • Were these events natural or man-made?
I will gladly participate in any additional research pertaining to this Terra Americana Incognita, and its disappearance.

Similar articles

Back