Cynocephalus Saint Christopher - what was he in reality?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
"According to the legendary account of his life Christopher was initially called Reprobus. He was a Canaanite, 5 cubits (7.5 feet (2.3 m)) tall and with a fearsome face. While serving the king of Canaan, he took it into his head to go and serve "the greatest king there was". He went to the king who was reputed to be the greatest, but one day he saw the king cross himself at the mention of the devil. On thus learning that the king feared the devil, he departed to look for the devil. He came across a band of marauders, one of whom declared himself to be the devil, so Christopher decided to serve him. But when he saw his new master avoid a wayside cross and found out that the devil feared Christ, he left him and enquired from people where to find Christ. He met a hermit who instructed him in the Christian faith. Christopher asked him how he could serve Christ. When the hermit suggested fasting and prayer, Christopher replied that he was unable to perform that service. The hermit then suggested that because of his size and strength Christopher could serve Christ by assisting people to cross a dangerous river, where they were perishing in the attempt. The hermit promised that this service would be pleasing to Christ.

After Christopher had performed this service for some time, a little child asked him to take him across the river. During the crossing, the river became swollen and the child seemed as heavy as lead, so much that Christopher could scarcely carry him and found himself in great difficulty. When he finally reached the other side, he said to the child: "You have put me in the greatest danger. I do not think the whole world could have been as heavy on my shoulders as you were." The child replied: "You had on your shoulders not only the whole world but Him who made it. I am Christ your king, whom you are serving by this work." The child then vanished.

Christopher later visited Lycia and there comforted the Christians who were being martyred. Brought before the local king, he refused to sacrifice to the pagan gods. The king tried to win him by riches and by sending two beautiful women to tempt him. Christopher converted the women to Christianity, as he had already converted thousands in the city. The king ordered him to be killed. Various attempts failed, but finally Christopher was beheaded." - Wiki

Saint Christopher
died in 251 AD in Anatolia
sts-stephen-and-christopher-unknown-icon-painter-greek.jpg

St. Stephen and St. Christopher

KD: Interesting, that wikipedia article and other traditional sources omit, or hide that Saint Christopher, most likely was a Cynocephalus.

Reprobus means rejected in latin. Could it be because he was different?

Saint Christopher_1.jpg Saint Christopher_2.jpg Saint Christopher_3.gif Saint Christopher_4.jpg Saint Christopher_5.png Saint Christopher_6.jpg
Saint Christopher_11.jpg Saint Christopher_7.jpg Saint Christopher_8.jpg Saint Christopher_9.jpg Saint Christopher_10.jpg Saint Christopher_12.jpg

Some food for thought: ...in reference to a possible connection there > Canine - Canaan - Canaanite

- What do you think? Could this individual be something other than a regular human being?
- Do we have any other historical examples of known individuals being Cynocephali?
- Sympathy For the Monster: The Redemption of Reprobus

Reminds me a little bit off the so called Theozoologie from Lanz von Liebenfels. He tells about the Sodoms Äffchen and that the early Mankind has (ritual) Sex with animals (Sodom). Think about Satyrs and other greek legends. But its not easy to find serious Information, because he stands near to Hitler.

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reminds me a little bit off the so called Theozoologie from Lanz von Liebenfels. He tells about the Sodoms Äffchen and that the early Mankind has (ritual) Sex with animals (Sodom). Think about Satyrs and other greek legends. But its not easy to find serious Information, because he stands near to Hitler.
I think there has to be a bit more involved here than just sex. This Christopher dude is not the only one, but appears to be one of the last ones of his kind.

Genetic design I think.

Glumlit

Seems possible to me that whoever spread their bits across this earth, mixed in with many many different species.

Dogs, horses, fish, insects, primates, bigfoot(?) etc.

Maybe the best one was chosen, then mixed into five or six regions across the planet, giving us our human race and subraces.

Then existence of any past races was erased. At least the terrestrial ones

CyborgNinja

Could he have been the result of genetic experiment? possible. Could he have been the last of his kind? Seems just as likely a the previous possibility.

Did he even speak? Dogs dont have lips you know.

Is there anyone way of being sure this isn't some artistic metaphor, some technique by the artists to communicate a personality trait of this person being stubborn or "dog headed so to speak" rather that a literal dog head man. Maybe he was known for his loyalty.

PrincepAugus

Could he have been the result of genetic experiment? possible. Could he have been the last of his kind? Seems just as likely a the previous possibility.

Did he even speak? Dogs dont have lips you know.

Is there anyone way of being sure this isn't some artistic metaphor, some technique by the artists to communicate a personality trait of this person being stubborn or "dog headed so to speak" rather that a literal dog head man. Maybe he was known for his loyalty.
Well he did speak to even talk to the other people lol.

As for the last part, if so, why is he the only saint to be dog headed?

dreamtime

Marco Polo has met dog-people in islands south of the Indian land.

One Italian traveler in the 13th century, and the first European to document the Mongols, told of an encounter between armies of the Khan and a dog-headed people near Lake Baikal, in what is now Russia: .He said that “monsters, had “men’s heads, but dogs faces”. He said they spoke, as it were, in words that were more like the barking of a dog. One lesser known account of cynocephali in orthodox Christianity is that of the Christian theologian Ratramnus . One of his monks asked him: What do I do when I encounter the dog-heads? .. Can I save their souls? Do I preach to them, Or do I look at them as animals? for the church clearly claimed they were beasts. Ratramnus consulted his elder in “A Letter on the Dog-headed Creatures “ , in which he tries to persuade his superior that the dog heads were in fact “sons of Adam” and that they should be allowed to convert to Christianity., and not treated as animals.
Later, In the 13th century, the famous explorer Marco Polo describes cynocephali as barbaric cannibals. In his travels to the island of Angamanian, off the coast of Burma in the Indian Ocean, he said, the people were without a king .. he considered them “no better than wild beasts.”
And he said the men ”have heads like dogs, and teeth and eyes, likewise”; He described them as looking like “mastiff dogs” He said that “though they had many spices”, they were “a cruel generation,” and they would eat anybody they had caught, if not of their own race.
While the most ancient written accounts of Cynocephali occurred in India and Persia, sightings moved west over time, and as they did, the stories became more violent, and the beasts more barbaric. In the 15th century, Christopher Columbus arrived in Haiti to a most unwelcome situation, where he claimed to see “men with one eye … and others with dogs’ noses who were cannibals, and that when they captured an enemy, they beheaded him and drank his blood, and cut off his private parts”
Dog-Headed Men From History are Real: Cynocephali Sightings

Fifteen days after leaving Sunaridwan we reached the country of the Barahnakar, whose mouths are like those of dogs. This tribe is a rabble, professing neither the religion of the Hindus nor any other. They live in reed huts roofed with grasses on the seashore, and have abundant banana, areca, and betel trees. Their men are shaped like ourselves, except that their mouths are shaped like those of dogs; this is not the case with their womenfolk, however, who are endowed with surpassing beauty. Their men too go unclothed, not even hiding their nakedness, except occasionally for an ornamental pouch of reeds suspended from their waist. The women wear aprons of leaves of trees. With them reside a number of Muslims from Bengal and Sumatra, who occupy a separate quarter. The natives do all their trafficking with the merchants on the shore, and bring them water on elephants, because the water is at some distance from the coast and they will not let the merchants go to draw it for themselves, fearing for their women because they make advances to well-formed men. Elephants are numerous in their land, but no one may dispose of them except the sultan, from whom they are bought in exchange for woven stuffs. — Ibn Battuta
The portrayal as cannibals may be christian propaganda.

Last edited:

BStankman

Evidence of pre flood generic experiments?

Or man had much more powerful sperm in bible days.
Animal hybrids exist today, but usually have limited reproduction.

furries.png

dreamtime

The oldest and most reliable information for these strange creatures can be found on the Mappa Mundis.

They live in what appears to be either Antarctica (which was connected to South Africa and India back then) or Southern Africa, up to India.

But rubbing shoulders, as it were, in the southern portion of Africa we find the most weird and wonderful assortment of creatures: the race that does not know the use of fire; the race that has neither nose nor mouth and can converse only by gestures; giants; people with four eyes; people whose upper lips are so huge that they can pull them up over their heads to serve as sunshades; troglodytes riding like the wind on stags (these are level with Christ's hand); Artobatites who constantly fall on their faces as they walk along; four-footed men; snake-charmers on whom poison has no effect; dog-headed men; the centaur Chiron; cave-dwelling giants; and so forth.
Slide #224 Monograph

Maybe Antarctica was used as a breeding ground for them due to it's relatively remote geography.

After the creation of the oceans between 1400 and 1500 they are still found on the original places: South America (which is a part of Africa), and South of India where they survived on islands.

I wonder if they were actively decimated or just weren't able to survive on their own very well and simply went extinct.

My idea is that they had been created by humans, which tried to model their gods. It seems the old 'gods' had very custom appearances (see Egyptian gods), often with animal like heads.

Last edited:
I think there has to be a bit more involved here than just sex. This Christopher dude is not the only one, but appears to be one of the last ones of his kind.

Genetic design I think.
Design or Test , maybe. But the so called Genetic especially the DNA thing maybe a Hoax. Now they tell us about DNA Computer and DNA Storage .
Sounds a little bit funny to me. Reminds me about the story of an Computer Storage based on ..."Tesafilm" (Tesastrips). Never hear it again.

Eventualy this is a cover to hide the real principles, whitch can change a Organism. Look at the so called "Urzeitcode" (maybe . HighVolt Electric Fields can do this .

Last edited:
Look like St Chris was a Dog

I was just going to say Anubis looked like a big black Doberman Pinscher, he was big and black and had a Dog head. Never saw him portrayed any other way.

There is certainly a prolifera of paintings and texts to support Dog people.

Holy cow, what are they dong. Looks like Reptilians are going to have Pork for dinner.

Cynocephali_5 (1).jpg