Victory Columns were Airship Mooring Masts?

I've been toying with this hypothesis for a while now. I think the primary purpose of some of the Victory Columns was to dock airships. Hopefully, I have enough circumstantial evidence to pick your interest. So, what are the so-called Victory Columns per the PTB narrative?
  • A victory column, or triumphal column, is a monument in the form of a column, erected in memory of a victorious battle, war, or revolution.
  • The column typically stands on a base and is crowned with a victory symbol, such as a statue.
  • Victory column
Let's take a look at some of the most prominent columns sharing three common features. These features are:
  • A doorway at the base
  • A spiral staircase inside the shaft
  • An "observation" deck at the top
The below diagram of the Trajan's column can serve as a good demonstration of what I'm talking about.
trajans_column21.jpg

trajans_column23.jpeg

Various Columns
I do not want to spend too much time on the actual columns. The ones we are interested in are described as "modelled on Trajan's Column". To save room, the Trajan's column itself was not included in the below compilation.
column_compilation.jpg

Room at the Top
Monument to the Great Fire of London top.jpg

Source

Staircase
Monument_stairs-13.jpg

Source + Source

Sturdiness
I am by no means an expert on column sturdiness, and their ability to withstand force or stress without being distorted, dislodged, or damaged. May be photographs of the destruction of the Nelson's pillar could give us an idea of how sturdy (or not) such structures can be.
nelson-pillar destruction.jpg

You are welcome to watch this tiny video about the destruction of the Nelson's Pillar. The door is there.

Berlin Victory Column
- or the Last "ancient" Airport? -

I separated this column from the rest, because I think it could be one of the last "ancient" airports we can trace. At first, let's go over the narrative. Berlin Victory Column is a monument in Berlin, Germany. Designed by Heinrich Strack after 1864 to commemorate the Prussian victory in the Second Schleswig War, by the time it was inaugurated on 2 September 1873, Prussia had also defeated Austria and its German allies in the Austro-Prussian War (1866) and France in the Franco-Prussian War (1870–71), giving the statue a new purpose.
  • Different from the original plans, these later victories in the so-called unification wars inspired the addition of the bronze sculpture of Victoria, the Roman goddess of victory, 8.3 metres (27 ft) high and weighing 35 tonnes, designed by Friedrich Drake.
  • Berliners have given the statue the nickname Goldelse, meaning something like "Golden Lizzy".
Berlin Victory Column1.jpg

The Victory Column originally stood in Königsplatz (now Platz der Republik), at the end of the Siegesallee (Victory Avenue).
  • In 1939, as part of the preparation of the monumental plans to redesign Berlin into Welthauptstadt Germania, the Nazis relocated the column to its present site at the Großer Stern (Great Star).
  • At the same time, the column was augmented by another 7.5 metres, giving it its present height of 66.89 metres.
    • That would make it's original height approximately 195 feet
The Last "Ancient" Airport
There will be a lot of additional photographs down the article. For right now, let's take a look at these two. The first one has an interesting description:
  • Berlin, zeppelin 'Hansa' over the Berlin Victory Column.
    • Crowd waiting for the Danish royal couple.
    • Wondering where this "royal couple" was supposed to emerge from...
  • Airship: LZ 13 Hansa
  • Image Source
Berlin Victory Column - airship.jpg

The below photograph shows us a totally different airship over the same Berlin Victory Column.
Berlin,__Graf_Zeppelin.jpg

Mooring Mast or Tower
I think this is that moment when certain things become more obvious. A mooring mast, or mooring tower, is a structure designed to allow for the docking of an airship outside of an airship hangar or similar structure. More specifically, a mooring mast is a mast or tower that contains a fitting on its top that allows for the bow of the airship to attach its mooring line to the structure.

Mast_Head_Graphic.jpg

Source
  • When it is not necessary or convenient to put an airship into its hangar between flights, airships can be moored on the surface of land or water, in the air to one or more wires, or to a mooring mast.
  • After their development mooring masts became the standard approach to mooring airships as considerable manhandling was avoided.
Below: British M.P.s walk onto an airship gangplank, in Cardington, England, in the 1920s.
mooring_mast_4.jpg

Below: The U.S. Navy’s dirigible Los Angeles, upended after a turbulent wind from the Atlantic flipped the 700-foot airship on its nose at Lakehurst, New Jersey, in 1926.
  • The ship slowly righted itself and there were no serious injuries to the crew of 25.
mooring_mast_1.jpg

Without doubt, the most famous mooring mast ever designed was the spire of the Empire State Building.
  • The dirigible Los Angeles "docking" at the Empire State Building.
  • Airship: USS Los Angeles (ZR-3)
  • To see the actual photograph of the below rendering click here.
    • There is some weird copyright issue with this particular photograph, and I don't wanna have anything to do with it.
  • Image Source
mooring_mast_5.jpg

Below is the Mast plan for the Standard High Mast. As you can see, things are being kept pretty simple.

maspplns.jpg

Source
Couldn't help myself. Here is a side by side.

Trajan's Column vs Mooring Mast
column-mast.jpg

Or like this...
trajans_column21-vs-mast2.jpg

Victory Columns or Mooring Masts?
column_compilation-11.jpg

There are tons of mooring mast pictures out there. Some of those masts were mounted on ships. Naturally, they did not need aircraft carriers to land on a ship back then.
  • USS Los Angeles Moored to USS Patoka in 1931
Los Angles moored.jpg

Other Mooring Masts
I have this suspicion, that quite a few additional structures might have had mooring masts incorporated into their design. After all, why not? Below you can see a portion of the 1859 cross-section drawing of the United States Capitol dome.
Section_through_dome_of_U.S._Capitol.jpg

And on the image below, we have one of them airships. What do we know?
  • USS Los Angeles flies above the US Capitol in 1924
US_Capitol_on_25_November_1924_with_the_USS_Los_Angeles_ZR-3_26474u.jpg

Do we really know where this Zürich airship was heading to? Any suggestions?
zeppelin-zurich.jpg

Alexander Column
At first glance, the Alexander Column in Saint Petersburg appears to be different. It does not have any doors at the bottom, or at the top. As a matter of fact, it is supposedly a monolith weighing 600 metric tonnes. Its observation deck has no safety railings. At the same time, this is what the PTB provided us with in 1939:
  • Before Montferrand was no easy task: to create a column surpassing in grandeur the one of Vendome, erected in honor of Napoleon's victories.
  • For a sample was taken the famous Trajan's Column in Rome.
  • Source
  • KD: If the Trajan's Column served as a sample for the Alexander Column, there has to be a staircase inside.
The official history of the Alexander Column is a suspect, according to multiple researchers. I have an article covering several column related issues as well:
all-largest.jpg

Of course, as it often happens, certain things throw a monkey wrench into the well oiled wheels of the narrative.
GagarinG_StroitAlekKolonGE.jpg

So... who knows what kind of remodeling is being hidden behind the official narrative?
  • Today, the top of the column is crowned by an “Angel” with a Cross.
  • At the same time, some of the early engravings have a totally different hardware installed at the top.
C59D37A4-53C8-4854-9E16-530C308CFB69.jpeg

Source

Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial
And this one I've just run into. It's located in Ohio. Check this monster out. Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial commemorates the Battle of Lake Erie that took place near Ohio's South Bass Island, in which Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry led a fleet to victory in one of the most decisive naval battles to occur in the War of 1812.
Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial.jpg

A 352-foot (107 m) monument - the world's tallest Doric column - was constructed in Put-in-Bay, Ohio by a multi-state commission from 1912 to 1915 "to inculcate the lessons of international peace by arbitration and disarmament." The memorial was designed after an international competition from which the winning design by Joseph H. Freelander and A.D. Seymour was chosen.
  • Once again: It was constructed from 1912 to 1915 "to inculcate the lessons of international peace by arbitration and disarmament."
  • Inculcate: teach (someone) an attitude, idea, or habit by persistent instruction.
    • I had no idea what "inculcate" was. Link.
Wanna see the top of this column, or should I say the top of this mooring mast?

Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial-top13.jpg

By the way, I have no idea how much it would cost to build this structure today, but we know how much repairs cost:
  • The memorial, part of the National Park Service, typically draws between 150,000 and 200,000 visitors a year.
  • But in 2017, the monument itself was closed as it underwent a $2.4 million repair project on the exterior of the tower.
    • Every single mortar joint of the 352-foot monument was repointed in the extensive repair project.

Astoria Column
- Welcome to the United States -

The Astoria Column is a tower in the northwest United States, overlooking the mouth of the Columbia River on Coxcomb Hill in Astoria, Oregon. Built in 1926, the concrete and steel structure is part of a 30-acre (12 ha) city park.
  • The 125-foot (38 m)-tall column has a 164-step spiral staircase ascending to an observation deck at the top and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on May 2, 1974.
  • Patterned after the Trajan Column in Rome (and Place Vendôme Column in Paris), the Astoria Column was dedicated on July 22, 1926.
  • The column was one of a series of monuments erected by Great Northern Railway in 1925 and 1926.
The_Astoria_Column_at_Astoria,_Oregon.jpg

Olympia Column
This particular column was the one that persuaded me to write this article. As far as I know, there is no easily searchable information about this column. At least I did not find any. The column is located about 650 feet from the Governor's Mansion.

olympia-column.jpg

Map

This's our column. I squared it in red.

olympia-column2.jpg

I took a few pictures, but the one below is from Google Maps: Link.

olympia-column3.jpg

The column is humongous. You can figure out where I was taking the below photograph from.

olympia-column4.jpg

The next photograph shows a bit more of this column, but a portion of it still did not get into the picture.

olympia-column5.jpg

Question: what was this Olympia column designed for?
  • 900 Water St SW, Olympia, WA is a warehouse property that contains 9,577 Sq. Ft. sq ft and was built in 1928.
  • Source
Victoria aka Nike
There is plenty of info in the Wikipedia article, telling us this and that about this particular Goddess. Victoria, in ancient Roman religion, was the personified goddess of victory. She is the Roman equivalent of the Greek goddess Nike. Etc. What knowledge do we gain from two linked articles about them wings? Nada, we get some regular mumbo-jumbo.
  • Winged figures, very often in pairs, representing victory and referred to as winged victories, were common in Roman official iconography, typically hovering high in a composition, and often filling spaces in spandrels or other gaps in architecture.
  • These represent the spirit of victory rather than the goddess herself.
  • They continued to appear after Christianization of the Empire and gradually evolved into depictions of Christian angels.
Quite a few of them "Victory" columns in some way, shape or form show us this goddess. She sure knew how to fly, didn't she?
  • But... who was that brainiac who gave her a spear, albeit a modified one?

We all know, that per the narrative, ancient Greeks came before Ancient Romans. Naturally, she was Nike before she became Victoria. What if initially she was supposed to symbolize the act of flying only, with no victories involved?
  • Could it be that those who could fly prevailed, and renamed her to Victoria?
nike-victoria.jpg

The Alexander Column: Statue of an Angel
I have to briefly go over this particular "angel", for the narrative is ridiculous. The Alexander Column is topped with a statue of an angel holding a cross. The statue of this angel was designed by the Russian sculptor Boris Orlovsky.
  • The face of the angel bears great similarity to the face of Emperor Alexander I.
To me, this "angel" with "the face of Emperor Alexander I", looks like a downed pilot. Did Victoria aka Nike fail to win this time. Oh wait, what weapons was she supposed to win any battles with? It was Athena who had weapons. Victoria/Nike had wings, a laurel wreath and a feather (sometimes other peaceful items). What was she suppose to fight with?
  • Dang, I forgot. She was only supposed to represent victories. Athena did the fighting, right?
alex-angel.jpg

Her wings are down, her face is in pain, her laurel wreath is gone. Her feather, or whatever else she was supposed to hold in her other hand is also not there.
  • How do we know that this is Nike, and not some random unknown Angel? May be older coins could help.
    • Left: Head of Athena, wearing ear pendant, necklace, and crested Corinthian helmet decorated with snake.
    • Right: Nike with open wings, wearing long chiton, standing left, holding stylis with left hand, wreath in raised right hand
Distatère_d'or_représentant_à_droite_Niké.jpg

Source
These two coins are obviously different. Nike has a laurel wreath on the above, and a feather looking thing on the below coin.

coin-2.jpg

Source

I assume this "stylis" is supposed to be a stylus, I am not sure. This "tool" looks like a garden rake, if you ask me. It sure ain't no Christian cross, and I doubt that it's a stylus.
  • If it's not a cross, it's not an angel.
  • If it's not an angel, it's Nike.
  • And Nike would have gotten real surprised if she was told that her face looked like that of Alexander I.
By the way, could our stylis-rake be an Airship Mooring Grab Hook of sorts?
  • If you have a better idea, please share.
mooring_grabber-1.jpg

Conclusion: We have too many lies and not enough truth.

Ancient Airships
Mystery airships or phantom airships are a class of unidentified flying objects best known from a series of newspaper reports originating in the western United States and spreading east during late 1896 and early 1897. According to researcher Jerome Clark, airship sightings were reported worldwide during the 1880s and 1890s.
What airships could be the ones to moor at some of the older towers? I don't know.

These?
air_ship_3.jpg

Source

These?
Combat_aërien_de_deux_vaisseaux.jpeg

Source

Or These?
flying-ship.jpg

Source

Hmm, how could they power this ship above, and what was it made of?
  • The ship was made of iron plates.
  • Powered by two metal globes of heaven and earth, containing "attracting virtues".
  • When two loadstones are placed inside the said metal globes, they draw the ship after them.
    • How about these apples?

Additional links :

KD: Well, this is my hypothesis. Please feel free to share your thoughts and findings on the matter.
  • Did Moors have something to do with why we have the word "mooring" today?

These columns have always made me think of electric generators, like the devices we can see on ancient buildings. But presented that way, from an aviation perspective, it makes sense. Perhaps the function was twofold, to moor the aircrafts and recharge them electrically.

What were the problems in our modern era with these giant crafts? First and foremost they present a giant surface area for the wind to move against it like a sail. Cross winds and headwinds of a powerful nature create serious problems for these kinds of crafts. An airplane minimizes the surface area in the direction of travel in order to be most efficient yet these Zeppelin airships have a very large surface area problem in the direction of travel and crosswinds on the side even have more surface area to push the airship around with. Secondly, they will be interacting with lightning and the metal parts inside the airship will act as an attractant to the lightning. In modern aircraft the metal coating around the plane acts as a Faraday cage and protects the interior of the craft from electric forces, however, in an airship this would not be the case as the metal skeleton and other metal parts would preferentially attract these electric forces to the detriment to the rest of the airship. If hydrogen is used as the gas that provides lift then spurious electrical forces would be a great danger to the ship for a hydrogen fire is very hot and burns at 2000 degrees C, the same as natural gas. It also has a low ignition energy and many explosions have happened in transfer stations providing hydrogen.
With so many intractable problems using these airship crafts in our present day weather environment it is a wonder that they were used at all. The construction cost, the size of the airship itself and the gargantuan hanger that they were constructed in and housed when not in use must have been resource intensive. Without modern powerful engines to push the Zeppelin around in high winds it would be impossible to direct them. So let's consider a perfect environment for these crafts to operate. The main problem with an airship would be high winds and cross winds so let's eliminate them as a thought experiment. These winds also make the propulsion of these crafts difficult so by eliminating them we eliminate the need for extremely powerful engines to propel them. Now we come to the lightning problem so let us propose an environment where there is no lightning or rain or storms in the sky where these crafts originally flew. Now we have hypothesized the perfect environment for zeppelins to fly: no wind, no storms and no rain. With no wind the airships would be incredibly stable and controllable. Is this not the climate of Eden? A mild climate over the entire earth with no rain, wind and storms. The only moisture from the sky would be a mist. If there were no storms then lightning would not happen and the crafts could sail in the air without the danger of hydrogen combustion and conflagration. The canal geoengineering found all over the world was a result of this Eden environment of no rain and storms, so waters had to be brought to the lands to be irrigated. I am proposing that the airships were designed originally for another era: Eden weather. The victory columns were also from this era and were used as you say mooring masts to drop of passengers and supplies. I think that the people then were 18-20 feet high so climbing the tower would be less vigorous on them than of our people of a much smaller stature. A thought occurred to me as I write this," Is there room for a large man to climb inside the victory towers?" If not then I think they used air pressure to elevate and lower passengers and the steps were added after the downfall of this Eden time civilization when men shrank to our present size and the antique tech of pneumatic engines was lost.
Imagine flying in a Zeppelin in calm air and descending to land and moor on a tower in the center of a beautiful great city. It must have been a fantastic experience to fly slowly over the country while conversing with travelers and having dinner.

Last edited:
One thing I have noticed is that most of the pics with these ships/blimps/dirigibles don't have their skies air brushed out, most historic pics without them have brushed skies, just an observation.

The wind is a big problem but yet I feel that these are not faked so either the climate was somehow different to allow such travel or they somehow had an electrical field that negated the problem, If I was forced to chose it would be the second, although how it would work is a bit above my pay grade but yet we all know that our atmos is in itself an electrical body and I should guess that the wind could be a product of that, if for instance one was to know the frequency and had a way to reverse the phase you could theoretically reverse the effect.

Like when you have two audio speakers that are wired out of phase the audio will cancel itself.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Atlantis commented that airships used hydrogen. In fact, most of them used Helium.

I really don't even know what to think about it.

It may be that these structures were reused due to the creation of airships, but how to really know. What intrigues me most is that writers of the time never write about things like that.

Using these columns as a point of embarkation and disembarkation may have been an attempt to popularize airship travel, but not as widespread. Something like using helicopters to get around the city (something that the rich in São Paulo do to escape traffic jams) but like a sightseeing tour.

But after so many altered photos, who can really know what was in the skies at that time (and we don't even know how long these photos existed)?

It was found out at the turn of the century that some natural gas wells contained up to 7% helium found only at that time in the gas wells of the state of OK but most percentages are very small so when Helium became available in large quantities but nothing compared to Hydrogen availability, airships wished to have a non-explosive gas for lift. Our present day atmospheric conditions with static and lightning is very dangerous for airships filled with Hydrogen but if an atmosphere that has no electric discharges then Hydrogen would be vastly safer and vastly cheaper to use than Helium.

I read somewhere that these ran on helium and that the England was the main supplier for helium. Then when oil industry took off the Rockefellas had a reason to get the air ships to be seen as a danger. So we couldnt get any helium they used the next lighter gas available which was hydrogen. Then they made sure to film the disaster that they manufactured. This is what I heard but please correct me if I am wrong.

I took a stroll down the lake and wanted to offer some photos of the base building as well:

FD5507AD-740C-4A95-BE1F-A333CD5D157B.jpeg

E31DEA34-AD65-4C60-9D0B-6C0B7FE70782.jpeg

I found a document provided by the city of Olympia which listed this building as a “power station” and referenced its fire code compliance status and budgetary info. I emailed this document to you KD, but I can’t seem to locate it now.

if you look closely at the building, you’ll notice a huge amount of white spots uniformly spread across the building faces. These remind me of retrofit seismic bracing. Perhaps for supporting the equipment on the roof?

The closing of the windows is of interest as well, indicating that they may have been closed at different times and with different budgets. Some windows are closed with matching bricks, others with vents and corrugated panels.

the center structure on the roof is clearly newer than it’s flanking structures. Looking at the 2x4 framing, it’s gray and weathered and covered with a weatherizing coating on the bottom. The center structure is very new looking 2x4 framing. What’s inside? You can see beneath the walls clearly, that whatever equipment is there does not extend downward into the building. It’s possible it extends inward toward the center structure.

most curiously of all (to me), is the roofline. Is that an added row of bricks? Why have they weathered so severely when the bricks inches below haven’t? Perhaps a different stone added at a later date, with far more porous properties? Was the original roofline containing a pediment comprised of the horizontal brick stripes immediately below, and a new roof added? The gantry crane indicates that they’re regularly loading/unloading heavy equipment up there.

I’ve also noticed that (from the front-most photo) there is a clearly visible keyed or toothed masonry/mortar pattern. It’s only on the one corner that I could identify.

I wish I had noticed during my visit, the pipes or conduits running up the hill behind. They look rather small compared to fluid pipes I’ve seen before, but there are large holding tanks nearby. If the document was correctly identifying this building as a “power station” it could easily be HV electrical conduit.

it seems fairly obvious that the bay door was cut out and added after the fact, but zooming in you can also see that a roughly 3x3 section of brick top/center of the door was added. The dimensions indicate there was a full length window there before the door was added, and ties the addition of the door to the closing of the left-most windows on the face of the building.

What does it all mean? Does it have anything to do with the original purpose of the building?

I was tempted to disregard the “no trespassing” signs and approach the facility, but prudence got the best of me.

Atlantis commented that airships used hydrogen. In fact, most of them used Helium.

I really don't even know what to think about it.

It may be that these structures were reused due to the creation of airships, but how to really know. What intrigues me most is that writers of the time never write about things like that.

Using these columns as a point of embarkation and disembarkation may have been an attempt to popularize airship travel, but not as widespread. Something like using helicopters to get around the city (something that the rich in São Paulo do to escape traffic jams) but like a sightseeing tour.

But after so many altered photos, who can really know what was in the skies at that time (and we don't even know how long these photos existed)?

Ush... helium is a monopoly for USA. If you study the subject it is utter nonsense, an elefant in the room.

Same thing with propeller powered flight. Those propellers are so tiny in comparison to the ship they cant be used as the main propulsion. They are like side propellers on the tanker ship, used to help to make small aiding steering. Airship itself can be flown as hot air balloon but that requires bravery and brains, something modern man lacks since they are both qualities that threatens the globalist idea of "we are all the same" and such qualities are not only discouraged but punished for. Modern airline pilots are nothing but compartmentalised order followers. If you knew these people personally you'd be terrified to board the plane every time. Sorry rant but there it is.

As RightArm wrote, I also think that UFO tech to change electrical field, ether, around the ship was used at some point in the past. Not all airships but those we dont know of. We should not confuse them all to be the same tech.

What were the problems in our modern era with these giant crafts? First and foremost they present a giant surface area for the wind to move against it like a sail. Cross winds and headwinds of a powerful nature create serious problems for these kinds of crafts. An airplane minimizes the surface area in the direction of travel in order to be most efficient yet these Zeppelin airships have a very large surface area problem in the direction of travel and crosswinds on the side even have more surface area to push the airship around with. Secondly, they will be interacting with lightning and the metal parts inside the airship will act as an attractant to the lightning. In modern aircraft the metal coating around the plane acts as a Faraday cage and protects the interior of the craft from electric forces, however, in an airship this would not be the case as the metal skeleton and other metal parts would preferentially attract these electric forces to the detriment to the rest of the airship. If hydrogen is used as the gas that provides lift then spurious electrical forces would be a great danger to the ship for a hydrogen fire is very hot and burns at 2000 degrees C, the same as natural gas. It also has a low ignition energy and many explosions have happened in transfer stations providing hydrogen.
With so many intractable problems using these airship crafts in our present day weather environment it is a wonder that they were used at all. The construction cost, the size of the airship itself and the gargantuan hanger that they were constructed in and housed when not in use must have been resource intensive. Without modern powerful engines to push the Zeppelin around in high winds it would be impossible to direct them. So let's consider a perfect environment for these crafts to operate. The main problem with an airship would be high winds and cross winds so let's eliminate them as a thought experiment. These winds also make the propulsion of these crafts difficult so by eliminating them we eliminate the need for extremely powerful engines to propel them. Now we come to the lightning problem so let us propose an environment where there is no lightning or rain or storms in the sky where these crafts originally flew. Now we have hypothesized the perfect environment for zeppelins to fly: no wind, no storms and no rain. With no wind the airships would be incredibly stable and controllable. Is this not the climate of Eden? A mild climate over the entire earth with no rain, wind and storms. The only moisture from the sky would be a mist. If there were no storms then lightning would not happen and the crafts could sail in the air without the danger of hydrogen combustion and conflagration. The canal geoengineering found all over the world was a result of this Eden environment of no rain and storms, so waters had to be brought to the lands to be irrigated. I am proposing that the airships were designed originally for another era: Eden weather. The victory columns were also from this era and were used as you say mooring masts to drop of passengers and supplies. I think that the people then were 18-20 feet high so climbing the tower would be less vigorous on them than of our people of a much smaller stature. A thought occurred to me as I write this," Is there room for a large man to climb inside the victory towers?" If not then I think they used air pressure to elevate and lower passengers and the steps were added after the downfall of this Eden time civilization when men shrank to our present size and the antique tech of pneumatic engines was lost.
Imagine flying in a Zeppelin in calm air and descending to land and moor on a tower in the center of a beautiful great city. It must have been a fantastic experience to fly slowly over the country while conversing with travelers and having dinner.
A great summary and the thing that strikes me about these towers is their inability to take side loads. If the towers extended down into the ground they would be much stronger, but set on pedestals as they are that's not the case. However I think KD is right on the money with this thread.
Consider this though, if it could be proven that these structures were for airships and we know that they couldn't have functioned in our current high wind environment, this would not only add to the evidence that there has been a major change of climate, but would also give us a more accurate timeline.
Also, and I wish I had a link but I probably read about this before the internet even existed; wasn't Germany under an embargo that forced them to use hydrogen rather than helium, if they still wanted to fly airships? (regarding the Hindenburg)

Similar articles

Similar articles

Back