How long did the 19th century last?

Below is an e-mail I received from a person from Smolensk, Russia. Please feel free to comment.

alnap.jpg

My childhood memories of the 19th century.
Hello, friends. I always knew that something was wrong with the 19th century. But I did not tell anyone about it, but simply looked for information. I accidentally found your site. What I am about to tell you may sound crazy. But this has been haunting me for of my life. In 1989, my grandmother and I went to her relatives in the village around Smolensk-city. This is a village on the river Ugra. This village no longer exists. Then I was 6 years old. We went to the village cemetery and then we lived in the village for a while. My grandmother in 1989 was already 69 years old. In this village I met many old people who told me that they were born and lived in the 19th century. I was be very impressed. Because for me the 19th century was a very long time ago. I knew about 19th from children's films and cartoons. Then these people told me about the so-called Patriotic War. I clearly remember that they talked about the war of 1812 as if it happened in the foreseeable past. Before 50 years before World War II. This memory that the 19th century was very short and that these old people lived in it haunted me all my life. But I always clearly knew that the 19th century was very short, it took only one generation of people and the 20th century immediately began. Perhaps this is a game of memory and the Mandela effect. But that territory of Russia has always been very undeveloped and deaf. They also told me how they witnessed the battles on the Ugra River with Napoleon. This is complete nonsense from the point of view of modern history. But memory tells me otherwise. Perhaps the "controllers of history" simply cannot cover the entire planet. And real evidence still exists in remote abandoned places.
Thanks for your project. The 19th century was indeed very "short".

This could be true, but it reminds me of an article I read a long time ago. I think it was about a Chechen, but I am not sure if it was a Chechen or some other kind of Caucasian.

Anyway, this article was about this very old man who lived in that area and he alleged that he had fought the Russians in the early 1800s when the Russian Empire first began to invade the Caucus area. I feel like I have seen other articles about very long-lived people in Russia also. So possibly these people in this village could have been extremely old?

Similar articles

Back