Could our planet Earth be one huge quarry?

jd755

Reactions
On this island there was a coal waste tip slip at Aberfan, within my living memory and it destroyed everything in its path. Nothing that was above ground remained intact just smashed, crushed, pushed by the flow. These processes are destructive not gentle burying events.

aberfan-mining-disaster.jpg

maco144

Reactions
I made a cross country road trip after groking flat earth a few years ago with one of the stops being at the Grand Canyon. It was clear as day a massive quarry site to me with immediate understanding that covering up ancient quarries was another layer of deception. I spent some time trying to understand why the Grand Canyon would be quarried and Uranium was certainly one of the options. To me the most probable thing was that the bottom layer was able to be used for innumerable building and tech applications. I can't recall or find where this information was anymore.... It was not the Vishnu granite layer but something else entirely. It makes sense to me that the past societies would be less interested in coal/ore/energy then building material.

Ice Nine

Reactions
The Grand Canyon looks like it was done with some big machines, this doesn't look like water erosion from years of the river running through it. It's an ancient open pit mine.
Grand Canyon.jpg

Current open pit Copper mines n Arizona, open pit Copper mines are still very active in Arizona, future National Parks in the making.

Arizona 1.jpgArizona.jpgMorenci-Copper-Mine-Arizona (1).jpgmorenci-mine-with-tank.jpg

Red Bird

Reactions
All this digging was probably for gold mostly - same as it ever was, to quote David Byrne.

Maybe mining is what happened to Africa.
Which Country is the World's Largest Producer of Gold?
Prior to China grabbing the top spot, South Africa used to be the world's largest production of gold. However, increased complications and costs linked to gold mining in South Africa has caused gold production in the country to decrease. South Africa is now the world's sixth largest producer.

Ancient Gold Mines in Africa | Study.com
Seems like a parrot article but does state a long history.

Gold smugglers are swindling billions of dollars from African nations

Last edited:

BrokenAgate

Reactions
Brazil dam collapse: 10 bodies found and hundreds missing This is heartbreaking, for those families, for the environment, for the planet. Why are we so horrible as a species?? This whole planet is just one big open-pit mine from which we continue to extract every bit of mineral wealth we can get our greedy hands on. Won't we eventually run out of stuff to dig out of the ground? What then, move to another planet and start over?

Ice Nine

Reactions
All this digging was probably for gold mostly - same as it ever was, to quote David Byrne.

Maybe mining is what happened to Africa.
Which Country is the World's Largest Producer of Gold?
Prior to China grabbing the top spot, South Africa used to be the world's largest production of gold. However, increased complications and costs linked to gold mining in South Africa has caused gold production in the country to decrease. South Africa is now the world's sixth largest producer.

Ancient Gold Mines in Africa | Study.com
Seems like a parrot article but does state a long history.

Gold smugglers are swindling billions of dollars from African nations

"In West Africa, an ancient people called the Akan populated the location that we now call Ghana around the 11th-century CE." Seem a bit like Annunaki to me. Names change over the ages but still seem familiar. Just dragging in the Annunaki gold miners who some believe were here for a few hundred thousand years, mining and experimenting with the locals.
I think mining is what happened everywhere, especially any barren wastelands, including vast deserts, which are just mine waste sand piles.

Brazil dam collapse: 10 bodies found and hundreds missing This is heartbreaking, for those families, for the environment, for the planet. Why are we so horrible as a species?? This whole planet is just one big open-pit mine from which we continue to extract every bit of mineral wealth we can get our greedy hands on. Won't we eventually run out of stuff to dig out of the ground? What then, move to another planet and start over?
Yes that was awful and this goes on all over the planet, no matter what shape it is, it's still being trashed big time. And this is just not "chicken little" type rhetoric all we have to do is do a little searching and it's everywhere humans can extract something from the ground.

Maybe the last place we trashed was Mars.
I do believe the Earth was a mining outpost. If you look today at the scale and scope of mining, surface mining, copper mines, iron, gold silver coal, diamonds, all kinds and manner of mining, it's a huge planet wide endeavor, so if a group like the Anunnaki came here to do whole-sale mining on a scale that makes what is happening now seem like nothing, they could have inadvertently created alot of natural wonders for us to look at. They could have very well stripped and destroy most of the surface. I think it's amazing that all of Earth is not barren like Australia for instance. Or other vast wastelands and deserts. It's pretty astounding that anything ever grew back.

Maybe we did come from Mars, after we destroyed it.

Last edited:

trismegistus

Reactions
The Ozark "Plateau"

ozarks.jpg

buffalo_river_AR.jpgbear-creek-hoodoos-5.jpgozark-plateau.jpghemmedinhollow_the_surrounding_ozark_mountains1.jpg

From uArk:
Creation of Rock Strata in the Ozarks

The Ozarks were formed in a different way. They are the result not primarily of folding and faulting but of erosion. The rocks that formed the Ozarks were originally sand, silt, and the remains of marine animals laid down in a shallow sea at the beginning of the Paleozoic Era, which began 542 million years ago. These deposits of sediment were put down in layers as the environment and sea level changed over time. Thus layers of sand were deposited on top of layers of finer grained silt, and in some places the remains of calcium-rich corals and the shells of sea creatures created layers on the sea bed. As time progressed this layer cake of sediment became rock. The sand layers became sandstone, the silt layers became shale and siltstone, and the shells and coral became limestone. The result was a mostly flat, slightly southward-sloping area of interbedded limestone, sandstone, shale, chert, and siltstone. In the Late Paleozoic Era the region experienced a broad area of geologic uplift. The elevation was raised and a large dome-shaped plateau was formed, but the original rock strata, or layers, were not disrupted.
So how did this layer cake of rock become a mountain range? As the uplift took place the rivers in the region began to erode their stream beds deeply into the layers of mostly flat rock, exposing the strata in bluff faces like this one on the Buffalo River. This took considerable time but the result is rather spectacular.

So the Ozarks are not so much a mountain range as a very very old eroded plateau. The differential rates at which the different layers of rock in the Ozarks eroded led to the creation of step-sided mountains as well as sheer bluff faces. It was this process that gave the region its distinctive flat-topped ridges and narrow hollows
encyclopediaofarkansas.net:
Almost 100 million years ago, in what is now Pike County, nature created one of the world’s most unusual diamond-bearing formations, the big volcanic “pipe” that now serves as the centerpiece of Crater of Diamonds State Park. Famous today for recreational mining, the eroded old crater once inspired generations of diamond hunters to dream of commercial success. The history of that long quest—the expectations, the contention, and the repeated frustration—is, in itself, an invaluable legacy of the Arkansas diamond field.
lakeexpo.com:
From the April 25, 1934 Springfield Daily News: A large mound with five white oaks growing atop it blocked the front view at the farm of J.D. Crain near Lake of the Ozarks. After several days spent removing the trees and much of the dirt, Crain came upon broad and flat rocks. Removing the rocks, Crain was astonished to find seven skeletons. While six of the skeletons were of normal size, one measured 8 feet, 4 inches. No valuables were found with the skeletons, but seven pieces of petrified material in the shape of human hearts were found. Eventually, Crain and others dug a hole near his front porch, placed the bones in a box and reburied them.
"The Osages are so tall and robust as almost to warrant the application of the term gigantic: few of them appear to be under six feet, and many are above it. Their shoulders and visages are broad, which tend to strengthen the idea of their being giants."

—John Bradbury
From the encyclopedia of NA Giants:
The name "Osage" was a corruption of their own name, "Was-haz-he," made by the French, or, as the artist-explorer Catlin writes it, "Wa-saw-see." Catlin, in his "American Indians," says that they were the tallest race in North America, either among the red or white men. He states that few were less than six feet in stature, and that many were six and one-half and seven feet. They were well-proportioned, good looking, rather narrow in the shoulders, and, like most tall men, rather inclined to stoop. Their movements were graceful and quick. In war, or the chase, they were equal to any of the tribes about them. Though long living on, or near, the borders of civilization, they studiously rejected all civilized customs, and uniformly dressed in skins of their own preparation.
I hope you can catch my drift here. I should also mention that in sauntering around the Ozarks for the past 6-8 months, I have come across a lot of evidence of what looks like areas that have been machine cut, perfectly straight cuts directly into the stone. I generally don't take modern technology out there with me, but the next time I do I will try and get some photos, as google was not super helpful in finding these "formations."

I think there is a possibility that these Osage Indians could have been the last (and smallest) of the descendants who shaped the Ozarks.

SuperTrouper

Reactions
This may be totally left of field, but I am wondering whether mudfloods were to some degree related to tailings dam collapses, or just general negligence in managing mine tailings? These are pretty common occurrences nowadays: https://wise-uranium.org/mdaf.html. If the whole world was "one big quarry" at some point, and images in this thread certainly point to this, it would not be too difficult to imagine a scenario in which a cataclysmic event caused a major failure/collapse of mine tailings dams, with subsequent large scale mudflows causing mudfloods in downstream or lower (altitude) areas.

See this for example: Brumadinho dam disaster - Wikipedia. "The dam released a mudflow that advanced through the mine's offices, including a cafeteria during lunchtime, along with houses, farms, inns and roads downstream."

asatiger1966

Reactions
I honestly think the subject of ancient mining is a big and important issue. A large portion of the Earth was essentially scraped cleaned and dug deep.

I haven't worked out to my satisfaction if it was mined by the giants who used to inhabit Earth and all the resources were used by them on Earth, or if the abundance of natural resources left Earth for some other place.
Just google image search today's mining operations world wide and it's an eye opener. If we puny little humans can do such damage on an epic scale, just think what a land of Giants would have been able to do.
i was wondering when I was gonna see an article about this on SH. I saw newearth's video about this and it was a mindblower.

Seeing how we really dont know our history it is very possible that we are slaves on this planet and everytime we get close to the the truth "they" reset our memory.
"Seeing how we really dont know our history it is very possible that we are slaves on this planet and everytime we get close to the the truth "they" reset our memory "

What if our predecessor were really smart and environmental-masters. Then it's possible the old ones constructed even the smallest insect as part of a wonderfully designed living organism?

Two points : One have you noticed that the ring of fire and other volcanoes are usefully sitting at the edge of large somewhat flat sea beds? Volcanoes could be man made using the mining debris as part of the construction.The attached article will demonstrate how much the planet needs the volcanoes to survive.

Amazing Basalt: Benefits of Basalt and Volcanic Ash

By Kathleen Smith
Basalt Rocks

Basalt is an igneous rock that forms from the relatively rapid solidification of basaltic lavas and is one of the most common types of rock in the world. Minerals and trace elements in the ash cloud are extremely beneficial for the planet. The rocks themselves have the basic elements for life including carbon, phosphorous and nitrogen, only requiring water to complete the formula. It is high in silicates, iron, and magnesium.
The fertility of some of the world’s richest and most productive farmland is due to the minerals produced by nearby volcanoes.
Basalt and volcanic ash can be used for healing the physical body, remediation of toxic waste, nontoxic ‘enlivened cements’, healing building materials, radiation shielding, etc.
The crystalline structures within basalt can be used for communicators/capacitors. The light emitting from the structures are an avenue for many ‘out of the box’ developments – and the microbes within have a world all their own.
1. MEDICINAL PURPOSES (some)
“Volcanic ash has ‘anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti yeast and overall disinfectant qualities. It is high in sulphur, an active ingredient which not only helps the body to resist bacteria but actually destroys it. It disinfects the blood, stimulates bile secretion, aids the oxidation reaction in the body, and protects the protoplasm of cells for the synthesis of collagen’. Volcanic ash can provide a multitude of health and beauty benefits”.
2. BASALT FIBERS
Basalt fibers spun from basalt rock are used as a fireproof textile in the aerospace and automotive industry and as a composite such as tripods.
3. VOLCANIC ASH/BASALT POWDER USED IN CEMENTS/CONCRETE
Fire resistant, high structural strength, non toxic, etc.
It has been estimated that 12% of the ozone and CO2 problems in the world are related to production of Portland cement.
4. REMINERALIZATION and FERTILIZATION of SOIL
Restores micro flora in the soil and re balances soil pH, etc. Volcanic soils are some of the richest on earth
5. REMEDIATION OF WASTE
Microorganisms living in the pores and crevices of dry basalt rock are able to reduce a toxic form of chromium, etc.
6. WATER
Technologies/processes that create mineral rich water from basalt
7. ZEOLITE
Zeolites are a family of hydrous silicate which live in the cavities of basalt. Zeolites can restore alkaline pH, detoxify heavy metals, clean up radioactivity at nuclear waste dumps and absorb huge amounts of gas. It would be an excellent rock powder to incorporate into manure piles to soak up ammonia.
Dr. Phil Callahan believed the crushing and grinding forces of the drifting continents caused great quantities of cosmic energy to be trapped within the minerals that make up stone and clay. One of the energies is the force called paramagnetism, which he says the ancients knew how to manipulate. Basalt is paramagnetic (exhibits paramagnetism) a form of magnetism that occurs only in the presence of an externally applied magnetic field.
The pre-Aztec Pyramid of the Sun outside of New Mexico, is built from volcanic rock and is highly paramagnetic. The Rosetta Stone was made of black basalt.
Basalts are the most productive aquifers of all volcanic rock types.
Rudolph Steiner believed there is rock powders that will pass on the subtle energies received from the cosmic bodies.
Transforming, innovative industries could be developed around volcanic ash and basalt rock.
Kathleen Smith wrote this paper after the 2010 eruptions of Eyjafjallajökull suggesting that many industries can be developed around volcanic ash following an eruption.

Point: Two, Sand we have talked about sand as a byproduct of mining but not today.
There is a symbiotic relationship between sand and plant growth. The Sarah's desert sand fertilizers the Amazon Rain forest. Without the sand the Amazon would die.

Think of the many anomalous sand piles around the world, why there? Why are they located there as by some mysterious flying dump truck, why?

en66-how-plate-tectonics-is-connected-with-life-on-the-planet_11.jpgactive-volcanoes-in-the-us-map-ring-of-fire-1078645-fresh-3-ring-binder-map-usa-world-maps-thr...jpgamazon-rainforests.jpgkl27z2l4d5l21.jpgDesert-Sands-Acting-Like-Fertilizer.jpg

Ice Nine

Reactions
"Seeing how we really dont know our history it is very possible that we are slaves on this planet and everytime we get close to the the truth "they" reset our memory "

What if our predecessor were really smart and environmental-masters. Then it's possible the old ones constructed even the smallest insect as part of a wonderfully designed living organism?
Since I think were were designed/created/tinkered with genetically, it's not a stretch at all to think our entire world was built by design.

Slartibartfast: Designer of Planets

BrokenAgate

Reactions
It makes sense that Earth was (and still is) a giant quarry. Where else did all the stone come from for all those magnificent "Tartarian" buildings? We often focus on the grandeur and forget that millions of tons of rock were needed to create them. We look at beautiful, vast, high-tech cities and forget that they were built where forests once grew. Humans can create sublime works of art, but always at the expense of sacrificing nature, at least from what I can determine. They probably had the equivalent of protected national parks and wilderness areas, but it looks as if much of the planet was just a source of mineral wealth, like it is now, and people used whatever they could take. Mud floods may have been the result of human greed and carelessness.

asatiger1966

Reactions
"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck" - we all heard of this so-called "duck test". It suggests that a person can identify an unknown subject by observing that subject's habitual characteristics. For open minded people, the below "habitual characteristics" could become a sanity test as well.

If we take this "duck test" into consideration, than our planet Earth is nothing but one huge giant quarry. A type of quarry where coal, copper, uranium, nickel, gold and other natural resources were mined long (or not so long) time ago. Striking similarities could make an open minded person to, at least, look into the issue.

Below we can see the pictures of several quarries. These are the result of our civilization mining in various parts of the world.

The above quarries are gigantic in size. And the equipment used to produce such drastic terrestrial changes is impressive indeed. This equipment is presented below.

Bucket Wheel Excavators:
Their larger models reach boom lengths of 260 feet (80m), weigh 13,000 tons, and move 12,500 m3/h. The largest BWE ever constructed is TAKRAF's Bagger-293, which weighs 14,200 tonnes and is capable of moving 240,000 cubic metres of overburden every day. Excavations of 497,000 cubiic yards (380,000 cubic metres) per day have been recorded.

View attachment 1207View attachment 1208View attachment 1209View attachment 1210View attachment 1211
View attachment 1212View attachment 1213View attachment 1214View attachment 1215View attachment 1216

Coincidentally there are some artifacts resembling the machines above. These artifacts are located throughout various museums of the world. They primarily represent Mesoamerican culture, and are dated around 1000 BC.

The above are explained as incenses, and pendants.

We also might have some depictions of the stone cutters, pertaining to the same time frame. It's very easy to dismiss these as pure coincidences, of course. But isn't it exactly the type of explanation we get all the time?

Now let us take a look at some of the prominent NATURAL objects. Supposedly they exist for tens of thousands of years. Some of those you might even be familiar with. Some are protected wonders of tourism. Below we have places like Grand Canyon, Antarctica, Greenland, Asian Mountains, Utah parks. These are just a few examples. You can easily find more. You might have seen some other ones yourself. Compare these to the quarries above.

Once all the minerals, (and what not) are taken out, we end up with Spoil Tips. A spoil tip (also called a spoil bank, boney pile, gob pile, bing, batch, boney dump or pit heap) is a pile built of accumulated spoil – the overburden or other waste rock removed during coal and ore mining. And here is what they look like. Once again, these are not natural formations. This waste is a byproduct of mining. Some are known to burn on the inside. Please google-help yourself.

And below you can find various natural formations. In other words they were created by "mother nature". The below places are allover the world: China, Russia, Argentine, Japan, etc. We have Mount Fuji, Vesuvius, Etna, Salinas Lake, Santa Anna and a whole lot of others here. Additionally you can google Shikhan Mountains in Russia.

It might be a long shot, but judging by where our Uranium is... may be there is a reason the Grand Canyon looks the way it does. And may be the United States are not the first ones to mine it.

Summary: I think this is too much to be just a coincidence. Looks to me like somebody might have done some major mining on our planet, and forgot to tell us about it. Then again, may be they did but it got "lost in translation" through all those burnt books and libraries. And may be that mountain next to you is just a gigantic spoil tip. Go figure now...
I was thinking about "Nepal" then your pictures triggered a recollection. Once you leave the small valleys of the western side and start up toward "China" the countryside appears as if a cataclysmic event of Biblical proportions had destroyed as far as one could venture.

In my opinion this is far worse than Siberia.

A few pictures from the Mustang River area are attached

Nepal's history tells of a large battle between two Gods Vishnu and Siva . they are said to have used a weapon that destroyed everything into dust, flew through the air like a ball of fire. Just thought the sword looked similar to a electrical relay?

My point the mountainous terrain of Nepal looks to have been mined then blown to dust similar to the Twin Towers.

11_1stubbs_120215_07.jpgCaves-Upper-Mustang.jpgstock-photo-39077696.jpg107 Kagbeni With Upper Mustang Beyond.jpgManang.jpgmaxresdefault.jpgMustang.jpgUprMutngLghtBoxImg_2.jpgkathmandu-nepal-buddhist-vajra-ritual-mythological-weapon-hinduism-tibetan-buddhism-jainism-64...jpgb5558f291d-DSC_0876-imp Nepal Army Officers Sword.jpg

Ice Nine

Reactions
I was thinking about "Nepal" then your pictures triggered a recollection. Once you leave the small valleys of the western side and start up toward "China" the countryside appears as if a cataclysmic event of Biblical proportions had destroyed as far as one could venture.

In my opinion this is far worse than Siberia.

A few pictures from the Mustang River area are attached

Nepal's history tells of a large battle between two Gods Vishnu and Siva . they are said to have used a weapon that destroyed everything into dust, flew through the air like a ball of fire. Just thought the sword looked similar to a electrical relay?

My point the mountainous terrain of Nepal looks to have been mined then blown to dust similar to the Twin Towers.
Totally agree with your assessment of that region and I do believe that the entire Earth was mined. And I also think there was indeed a "War of the Gods".
Once you see Earth as nothing but piles of mine waste and the remains of ancient quarries, you can't ever look at Earth the same.
It smacks you right in the face.

Jim Duyer

Reactions
"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck" - we all heard of this so-called "duck test". It suggests that a person can identify an unknown subject by observing that subject's habitual characteristics. For open minded people, the below "habitual characteristics" could become a sanity test as well.
Here's an interesting fact that might tie in with the removal of resources from the earth's crust. Scientists tell us that, in very, very small amounts of partial microseconds, the Earth's rotation is changing - speeding up in the main (sometimes slowing, but over hundreds of years the average is an increase). One of the things that could cause this is a removal, off-planet, of those resources. Lighter planet spins faster. If you reverse multiply the slight increase, but over a period of 432,000 years, you arrive at a year of 360 and not 365.15 days. This is the dating used by our earliest recorders of time in Sumeria and Egypt, and the 432,000 figure is found buried in a report of the various reigns of kings of Sumeria by Beorusus. It is also repeated in the Edda's of the Norse, where the halls and doors of Valhalla add up to this mysterious 432,000. Perhaps these ancients, or not so ancients, knew something that we have managed to forget?

jd755

Reactions
This is me just writing stuff out as it appears whilst reading this thread.
Running with the idea of ancient/recent mahoosive total mining as this thread and its contents allude to it strikes me there is mine tailing evidence of various types, mud food evidence of various types and that seems to be it.
Pretty massive evidence if the pictures are anything to go by.
What's missing is everything else.
Who or what were these miners?
Where are they now?
Why did they leave if there are still resources here?
What were they mining as the tailings appear to be of all manner of rock types, sands, gravels etc?
Where are the remains of their machines?
What fuelled the machines?
Where are the remains of them,their buildings, transport, roadways, ports ships, infrastructure and logistics?
If from off planet then how did they move the stuff they mined off planet without leaving a trace of how they did it?
Did they process what they mined here and simply ship the refined material/end product off world?
Or did they come out of the inner earth/concave earth/hollow earth or wandered in from outside the known earth through the 'ice wall' and take whatever they were after with them?
If its an earthly answer why have they never been back to get the bits they missed?
Has anyone tested these tailings/muds/sands/gravels to see what if anything is in them?
Modern mining is resource hungry beast so has anyone scaled it up to world wide mining to see if there was likely enough resource on earth/in earth to deal with whatever the not so modern mining operation(s) required?

Has anyone walked through a modern mining landscape to get a handle on it and applied this insight to the mahoosive mining? Thinking 'in the wider landscape' here?

Is it only me that is struck by the incongruous reality that clearly there's 'a lot left behind' that modern mining is extracting in to me vast quantities by the advanced, ancient/not so ancient miners or were they once again after something(s) else entirely which they actually did mine out. Maybe what we get told, always bloody told, are 'rare earth elements' are actually the remnants of the ancient/not so ancient miners endeavours?

Finally I find it inconceivable that masters of wormhole/space/inter dimensional travel would be so 'low brow' as to engage in mining as I feel that they would be capable of extracting whatever they need by less destructive methods, not that I have any clue what they would be.

Last edited:

Starman

Reactions
Running with the idea of ancient/recent mahoosive total mining as this thread and its contents allude to it strikes me there is mine tailing evidence of various types, mud food evidence of various types and that seems to be it.
Lots of good questions JD755 in your post. I keep coming back to the conundrum of how this subject and so many others are so deeply hidden from us. Where's Occam's Razor in all this? We can't even formulate the simplest, most likely scenario. All possibilities have impossible leaps of logic.

I personally think we are dealing with trans-dimensional access to the physical earth and that portals existed in the past. What other activity would be so significant and desirable than time/space travel? You could certainly move refined mining materials if you could move your body. What the purpose would be, is impossible to say.

I don't think we will ever find the answer while alive in our 3D earth bodies. We're not set up to know such things. If it is enough of a burning question for us, hopefully we will receive such knowledge in the afterlife.

We don't know what consciousness is, what happens after death, what reincarnation might be, and what other dimensions might be like. We stand before the creation of biological life, sentience, and whatever construct the universe is and realize we basically know nothing. If all of that got created by someone or some force, then there's no limit to the possibilities of what is going on around us. I'm sure that whatever has happened to the earth in the past, is more mind boggling than we can imagine.

Ice Nine

Reactions
Here's an interesting fact that might tie in with the removal of resources from the earth's crust. Scientists tell us that, in very, very small amounts of partial microseconds, the Earth's rotation is changing - speeding up in the main (sometimes slowing, but over hundreds of years the average is an increase). One of the things that could cause this is a removal, off-planet, of those resources. Lighter planet spins faster. If you reverse multiply the slight increase, but over a period of 432,000 years, you arrive at a year of 360 and not 365.15 days. This is the dating used by our earliest recorders of time in Sumeria and Egypt, and the 432,000 figure is found buried in a report of the various reigns of kings of Sumeria by Beorusus. It is also repeated in the Edda's of the Norse, where the halls and doors of Valhalla add up to this mysterious 432,000. Perhaps these ancients, or not so ancients, knew something that we have managed to forget?
I like this because it fits in quite nicely with what I believe. Whatever was taken, was taken "off world" or to another dimension. Or how about an alternate Universe where another Earth needed what we had, they used up or destroyed their own natural resources, even screwed up their dirt and nothing would grow anymore. Who knows.

I used to think the sheared off mountain tops/slag heaps in Nazca, were, well sheared off by something, but now I'm think they are just ginormous slag heaps with flat tops.

Nazca.jpgNazca2.jpgNazca3.jpg
Here are some ancient limestone in the Ukraine.
The first 2 pictures are of old quarries in the late 1800s and the other pictures are from ancient limestone quarries as far as I'm concerned. And they were again, ginormous.
57214_800.jpg.117111_800.jpg

"And now we open the manipulation. What you are served under the guise of rocks, canyons and gorges is nothing but a career. As a very ancient career, and relatively fresh.
So, Crimea, Belogorsk. White rock This is a limestone quarry. The wall was formed as a result of cutting the slope of the hill.
At the foot of the wall is a characteristic mound of limestone and substandard." wakeuphuman

57826_800.jpg57400_800.jpg57988_800.jpg58128_800.jpg58623_800.jpg
Well anyway and @jd755, you bring up all sorts of good and valid questions and ideas. And I have no answers as to who, what, where and when, oh and why?? I'm just trying to come up with something that makes sense to me.
But I do totally believe Earth was one big mining operation, I now can't look at any "natural wonder" without seeing the tell tale sings of it having been mined.

RecycledSoul

Reactions
Here is a machine that could create the Grand Canyon pretty quickly. It would be rather naive to think any previous advanced civilization could not have had a similar machine. If they “left” the planet, they would have taken the machines with them, hence no trace of the machinery. If they became extinct, steel machinery would have rusted away before next civilization formed.

Ice Nine

Reactions
Here is a machine that could create the Grand Canyon pretty quickly. It would be rather naive to think any previous advanced civilization could not have had a similar machine. If they “left” the planet, they would have taken the machines with them, hence no trace of the machinery. If they became extinct, steel machinery would have rusted away before next civilization formed.

Yeah for sure and I'm also a big fan of the rotary excavator. It accomplished some nice work in the Antarctic and just about every other place as well.

62205_800.jpg