Corsets as high technology

Apollyon

Reactions
I'm not a woman nor have I ever worn a corset so I am not the one to present this idea. All text will be lifted and credited to the gifted researcher, woman, and corset wearer cat_779. Sorry if some aspects of the text below is hard to discern it is a rough translation but the general premise I think is easy to grasp.

Why did women and girls in the recent past always wear pull-up corsets and graces? Not only to emphasize the charming female form and visually reduce the volume of the waist and hips. Corsets and graces were very useful for health: they stabilized the spine, supported the spine in a physiologically correct position with a weakened tone of the long back muscles, redistributed the load from various parts of the spine and corrected the deformities of the spinal column. Grace and corset were orthopedic, they were sewn from natural materials: high-quality cotton and silk, which let in air, and the body could breathe. The correct position of the spine is extremely important for women, especially during pregnancy and after childbirth, for this purpose there are special bandages. ( Postnatal Belt)

879881_1000.jpg
Image: Bing.com. Orthopedic female pulling linen made from natural materials.

The author of this article remembers that even in the 1960s in the USSR women wore grace, they cost dearly, it was an import that had to be "purchased" with overpayment. In the early 1970s it was a very difficult time, grace to buy and wear ceased, but women and girls could still buy combinations of natural or artificial silk with lace; combinations were worn until the mid-1980s, then life became crazy. The USSR was rapidly approaching its disintegration, sausage trains and a card system-women were not up to corsets and graces, which were very expensive and did not appear in free sale.
To buy prenatal and postnatal bandages was also a problem, somehow managed without them.
The payoff came quickly: the cessation of wearing orthopedic corsets became one of the most important factors in the deterioration of women's health, a sharp deterioration in the figure, especially after childbirth, spine and lumbar diseases (see Wikipedia-Orthopedic Corset article). Women "swam". Of course, the deterioration of the quality of food, water and air, too, has a major impact. The question is: if women had the opportunity to buy orthopedic corsets and graces at an affordable price and always wear them, they would do it. The intelligentsia painted us horror films about "tortious" corsets, so that not a single woman and a girl had even in mind their attempts to wear, and all because in the USSR there was a constant cotton hunger, it was necessary to dress the army, the police, other power structures, and also prisoners of prisons.

Women's health and beauty were sacrificed to maintain the repressive machine of the corporation of the USSR.Over the past 40-50 years, women have lost the culture of wearing not only pulling underwear-corsets and graces, but also beautiful underwear in general. They bought, what they sold and got, that's what they were satisfied with. Not only that, women were cut off their hair, shortened skirts, forced to work on men's jobs in man-like overalls, even in everyday life women are accustomed to trousers, because it is convenient and practical. But is it possible to live this way? Robots everywhere replace a person, take away jobs from him, introduce advanced technologies, but even with the terrible unemployment and the killed industry, it is the woman who continues to be the workhorse on which the economy, children and grandchildren are kept. Unfortunately, such a load is detrimental to the female body. Women spin like a squirrel in a wheel, not allowing themselves to stop-everything for the family, for her husband, for children and grandchildren. But when will life begin for a loved one? When, finally, women's orthopedic underwear-corsets and graces-can be bought on prescription at an affordable price, as a medicine and as a preventive measure? The best friends of girls and women should not be diamonds, but good health, harmony and straight posture. In 2000, the Sparks-Spanx corporation appeared in the US, specializing in the production and sale of women's underwear, and not at all "torture", but the huge disadvantages are the price and synthetic composition in which the body does not breathe, it is impossible to wear such clothes for long. What does it say? As a medicine and as a preventive measure? The best friends of girls and women should not be diamonds, but good health, harmony and straight posture.

What does it say?The old technologies of sewing ostropedic corsets and graces are classified, therefore they are made of synthetics, and not of high-quality natural materials-cotton and silk. In this and a snag.

If you look at the old catalogs of women's underwear, you can be surprised at its diversity and availability of purchase by mail. This indicates overproduction, but only in Western countries, and not in the USSR, where good underwear was to be purchased with overpayment. Pay attention that it was OTHER underwear, other corsets, graces, bras. The quality was much better, because the attitude towards women was fundamentally different. There was everything for women, and corporations did super profits on this. Look at old movies, until the 1970s. There's a completely different life in which full people were a rarity.
It is necessary to return classified technologies-not only fuel-free power and the Internet to the countryside, electric cars and so on. It is necessary to return to women corsets and graces, luxurious underwear made of natural materials, sewn on old technologies. This underwear was not only amazingly beautiful, it is curative, it helps to maintain female harmony, youth and beauty.

Old catalogs of corsets and graces. Image: pinterest.com Image: Montgomery Ward Pinterest.com the catalog I recommend an excellent website where you can see the wines so azhnye corsets and grace: Corsetiere

891001_900.jpg880128_800.jpg

Soviet negligee. Chronicles of Moscow life.
The history of Soviet underwear is a real tragicomedy. Our women themselves made pantyhose - sewn stockings to cowards, raised loops on the nylon ...
What was hidden under the luxurious dresses of Lubov Orlova and the clothes of members of the Stalin Politburo? How did Ekaterina Furtseva organize the production of bras? Whose trousers broke the heart of Victor Erofeev? Images: Vintage lingerie. Demonstration of corsets-there are only women.

Correctly selected pull-down undergarments and corsets-maintain a straight posture and visually remove centimeters from the waist and hips.
Women and girls are changing for the better.

vintage-girdles-corsets-1.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-2.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-3.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-4.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-5.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-6.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-7.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-11.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-12.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-13.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-14.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-15.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-16.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-17.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-18.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-19.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-20.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-21.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-22.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-23.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-24.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-25.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-26.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-27.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-28.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-29.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-30.jpgvintage-girdles-corsets-31.jpg

Did you notice that the fabrics (natural to synthetic) and technology of sewing these corsets and graces were different? In this and the whole secret ....

in B 4 muh patriarchy Reeeeeee how dare you care about my spine health!

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
I will put a little spin on this. I do not remember the exact century, but corsets and canes arrived at the same time. Apparently males wore corsets as well, just like frmales used canes.

This historical occurrence is being signed off to about any reason, from fashion to health habits.

One thing is quite possibly being overlooked. That is the changed density of our atmosphere.

Update: 16th century for both, 1525-1550

anotherlayer

Reactions
i'm not gonna lie... i have no idea what this thread is about. i keep trying to re-read and i dunno, is this sarcasm? can someone just give me a sentence or two that tells me what is up with corsets?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
I think things got lost in translation.
According to our linear development process we are supposed to understand more, and to be able to produce more items of higher quality.

As it plays out it’s exsctly the opposite.

Our understanding of the benefitial medical qualities of the said items started to deteriorate around 1920s-1930s. Which in turn ended up adversly affecting not only the physical appeal but the actual health as well.

Additionally, the variety of the product line was so great, that only not seeing this variety today prevents us from saying things like, “Holy bananas. It was 1867 for crying out loud. Who was making all those things when the whole world was either fighting or building Tartarian architecture”. In other words the so called “Industrial Revolution” pertained to every way of life, and not machines only.

In reality the quality of the so-called called hand made, but simultaneously mass produced corsets produced in the 17th century raises the same questions we ask of many other things.

anotherlayer

Reactions
so, about the corsets. they were once good for women and then they weren't?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Lol. Like I’m an expert.

I think exactly the opposite. They are still good, but not used any longer. Hence the related health issue. And my understanding that those health issues are attributed to something else, which in turn calls for a treatment. In reality these problems would’ve never come up in first place were them corsets worn.

Ok, this is the extent of my understanding.:geek:

anotherlayer

Reactions
stangest thread ever. so corsets are good for humans. i dunno... that's seems odd. that's like saying that wearing shoes is better for humans. but, as i type, my back hurts and i bet if i wore a corset when i went roller skating the other day, it wouldn't hurt. hmpf.

anotherlayer

Reactions
could be another testament to the possible fact of a human body having been developed to suit a somewhat different atmospheric conditions.
i was thinking more along the lines of that we were developed on a Monday after the Super Bowl. we're chock full of imperfections (and extra organs).

sidenote, has anyone ever investigated the idea that tonsils or appendix would have a purpose should our atmospheric conditions be different than they are today?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
sidenote, has anyone ever investigated the idea that tonsils or appendix would have a purpose should our atmospheric conditions be different than they are today?
This one should definitely be a separate topic. I have a hypothesis of my own pertaining to the issue of those organs.

Radal16

Reactions
There are women that swear by the health benefits of postpartum girdles: Why Every Mom Should Wear a Postpartum Girdle After Giving Birth. I've had two kids and never used one, but I have pelvis issues now so maybe I should have.

Now, her mentioning that underwear used to be beautiful and now is not is interesting to me. We see this trend in so many places in modern society, I know I've mentioned how ugly modern architecture is on this forum before. Popular culture seems to shun beauty in deference to utilitarianism. It seems we can't have the drudges distracted from their work.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Now, her mentioning that underwear used to be beautiful and now is not is interesting to me. We see this trend in so many places in modern society, I know I've mentioned how ugly modern architecture is on this forum before. Popular culture seems to shun beauty in deference to utilitarianism. It seems we can't have the drudges distracted from their work.
You are absolutely right on the issue of esthetics. The only person from the time frame we are interested in, 19th century, who talks about this issue was Adam Cram. Well, the only one I was able to find.

I think the reasons for it are straight forward. We can recreate, but creation is outside of our realm. Those esthetics are not natural to us, hence we do not produce them. Obviously we can blame things on market profitability and such, but I think otherwise.

Radal16

Reactions
I think the reasons for it are straight forward. We can recreate, but creation is outside of our realm. Those esthetics are not natural to us, hence we do not produce them. Obviously we can blame things on market profitability and such, but I think otherwise.
I respectfully disagree, there are plenty of artists today who can create work of the same aesthetic quality but society does not value them. Instead "modern art" has been force fed to us despite the fact that it's straight up ugly, boring, and requires no talent or effort. Miles Mathis goes off on this subject quite a bit: many failures of modernism.

OP
Apollyon

Apollyon

Reactions
Corsets are ridiculous.
Assuming you're a girl I take it you won't be wearing a post natel support device recommended by all doctors in the event that you give birth knowing you may suffer life long debilitating pain because you don't want to be ridiculed? If you're a guy will you refuse your wife to wear one post child birth against doctor recommendation because they are just rediculouse and your warped modern mind can't comprehend that those in the past knew more than you do today? Why would you want your spouse to never properly recover from giving birth and be in pain the rest of their life? Due to the pain they will probably stop exercising become unattractive to you and you will leave your child with a broken home? This may seem hyperbolic but this is the reality of our warped world.
I respectfully disagree, there are plenty of artists today who can create work of the same aesthetic quality but society does not value them. Instead "modern art" has been force fed to us despite the fact that it's straight up ugly, boring, and requires no talent or effort. Miles Mathis goes off on this subject quite a bit: many failures of modernism.
I garuntee you that there is not a soul alive that can replicate the masterpieces of staglieno cemetary.

Monumental Cemetery of Staglieno - Wikipedia

You aren't wrong about the push for modernism but the lack of ability to create works like in the link does not come down to skill alone. These are highly technological creations. The secrets to their creation and many other construction technologies have been hidden by the 1951 inventions secrets act.

Last edited:

Radal16

Reactions
You aren't wrong about the push for modernism but the lack of ability to create works like in the link does not come down to skill alone. These are highly technological creations. The secrets to their creation and many other construction technologies have been hidden by the 1951 inventions secrets act.
This is a good point, I was trying to say that our species has not lost that aesthetic, if we still had that technology there would still be people creating work just as beautiful. For instance Luo Li Rong, Luo Li Rong (@luo_li_rong_art) • Instagram photos and videos.

Anyway, my point is that somebody has been trying to make our world as ugly as possible, that's evident in art, architecture, fashion, etc. Which is extra sad because we are capable of creating incredible beauty. I think this is on purpose and it's tied to whoever stole our history.

Last edited:

asatiger1966

Reactions
Assuming you're a girl I take it you won't be wearing a post natel support device recommended by all doctors in the event that you give birth knowing you may suffer life long debilitating pain because you don't want to be ridiculed? If you're a guy will you refuse your wife to wear one post child birth against doctor recommendation because they are just rediculouse and your warped modern mind can't comprehend that those in the past knew more than you do today? Why would you want your spouse to never properly recover from giving birth and be in pain the rest of their life? Due to the pain they will probably stop exercising become unattractive to you and you will leave your child with a broken home? This may seem hyperbolic but this is the reality of our warped world.

I garuntee you that there is not a soul alive that can replicate the masterpieces of staglieno cemetary.

Monumental Cemetery of Staglieno - Wikipedia

I put forward an experience with my eight year old son. John was born in 1986 during the ongoing discussion about Indigo Children, of which I was totally ignorant.. John was in his bedroom one afternoon watching something on the television. Upon entering the room, he was sitting on the floor, John stated to me without looking at me but continuing to watch television. " Dad there are pictures on the TV with the show what are they" indeed what were they?
Not because John was my son, My wife being the smarter one in the family, he was absorbed in making things. He worked on old radios, bicycles, and unfortunately his young sisters toys. A few weeks after the television indecent John awoke around midnight screaming and crying. Helen and myself ran to his bedroom. I held him on his bed after a few minutes still sobbing he stated "everything has already been invented what can I do?" I comforted him by talking about all the inventions that could be updated or changed to a better use. Both our children are well adjusted kids that are very perceptive and by their accomplishments happy with who they are. So about the Corsets, how many other things are hidden from us?