Collaboration and Documentation Ideas

Stolen History Wiki: would you participate in the creation of one?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Moriarty

Reactions
For documenting, an incorporated version of wiki could be utilized, that’s not a problem.

Something like this will require a fairly considerable input from the forum members. Would be nice to know the general opinion on this.

Creating a history related alternative to our narrative compliant Wikipedia could be a pretty serious achievement. Whether we can do it or not, remains to be seen.
.... Whether 'they' let you keep it online is the bigger question. Censorship is everywhere and getting worse. Look at Reddit these days
I don’t think any one person can. To accept something as the most probable one, we need more than just two people. I’m waiting on the input from the current members to see if hours I'm gonna spend on the setup of certain things is worth it.

Simply would like to see some people say that they will, or will not participate.

Personally, I think this thing we are talking about would be unprecedented as much as important, but there have to be certain masses backing up the documented knowledge. How many, well may be 15-20 to start.

I will add a poll to the OP to see if we have that.
And for my part I am happy to partake

JustWow

Reactions
I think it would be very productive for forums like this to be able to document useful solid info that members are able to agree on. Normally, forums get lots of discussion with sharing of good info, but very little comes of it all. Maybe we can improve on that.

Background.
I've been occasionally discussing such ideas with others since at least 2013 mainly on the forums at The Thunderbolts Project ™ – A voice for the Electric Universe where I've been a member since shortly after the site started in 2007. My username on that forum is Lloyd. In 2017 I started working with Bruce Nappi at John Chappell Natural Philosophy Society Forums to help develop a process for doing scientific collaboration. Bruce let me direct a project there which I decided would be on the subject of Geology. It involved asking scientists, mostly members of CNPS, some of the basic claims of their own models, having discussions and then rating each model on completeness and plausibility. I kept track of the discussions etc at a separate forum that I started separately from the official CNPS forum. Mine is at Geology | Cnps and the conclusion of the project is posted in the thread there titled "CNPS Special Project #2 SUMMARY". That project ended a year ago after going on for about 6 months.

In 2012 I organized Electric Sun Discussions and posted them at Thunderbolts Forum • View topic - Electric Sun Discussions . We had the discussions on Google Documents (those are etherpads, which worked rather well as the four of us were able to write on the same page at the same time. Google has some advantages, but it has trouble reloading the page sometimes. This site may be better in that case: Etherpad ). I mostly asked the other guys questions, as they were very knowledgeable, while I was not, and they asked each other questions as well and answered. Then I edited them and copied each discussion to that thread. I decided that I favored Charles Chandler's model after previously favoring the Thunderbolts model. Charles' model is at Electric Astrophysics .

I sometimes call myself a liberal libertarian (most libertarians seem to be fairly conservative at least economically). The Free State Project in New Hampshire had a forum that I joined in 2007 or so. There used to be a lot of discussion there, but for the past couple years I'm the only one who still posts there regularly. I only do so because my posts get a couple hundred views each week and I like to have somewhere convenient to store a lot of good info. This is where I post: The Friendly Forum . My username there is Luck. Since I needed at least 5 letters for my username here, I added an R (which I hope doesn't change my luck for the worse). Anyway, I mostly post links there to good articles I find online each week or two. I copy the tech & sci blog links to a similar thread at Thunderbolts Forum • View forum - Electric Universe - Resources

Collaboration & Documentation.
Forums, chat rooms and etherpads all work well for collaboration. The latter two are good for live discussion. Forums and Wikis etc are good for documentation. At least forums that allow members to edit their posts work well for that. That's because the OP (opening post) of each thread can be used for documentation with the later posts used for discussion. Then info from discussion can be copied to the documentation in the OP. I don't think I've actually tried that yet, but it would obviously work pretty well, if there's plenty of space in the OPs. And once the OP is at least temporarily fairly complete, it could be copied to a wiki together with all other OP documentation from other threads. There could actually be documentation in other posts after the OP if any other member wanted to do independent documentation. There should probably be a team of people to rate the completeness and plausibility of each OP summary and only copy to the wiki those rated fairly complete and highly plausible or probable.

So that's a general idea for a procedure that might make us all feel like we're accomplishing something a little more significant. I discussed this idea very briefly in another thread where Korben encouraged me to try it out. So this is an introduction to it. And next, maybe after some discussion, I'll think about starting a thread on a topic I like that I can try this procedure on. So, any comments?

P.S. (Surveys).
On some of the threads in this forum where you call for members' views or input, I think it would be a big help to write up a survey on Google Forms and ask members to answer the questions in it. Then the answers could be posted in the OP. Si? It's easy to use the Forms template to make up questionnaires. I enjoy doing that occasionally.
Qualifier: I haven't read all the replies- having said that- I have often thought that there are probably many of us doing the same digging- and some of us are better and/or like to read books (or whatever) that others find too complicated or too tedious. So- we are not being efficient is the point. I wish I were a professor at a university with a class full of graduate students- I would assign topics for them to research and write papers on. Or encourage their thesis ideas- man! that would be great.
Anyway, facts are facts and it would be great to have a place to list the facts with the supporting documentation. Then we could have another place where we could post theories with whatever supporting documentation we have (and also anything that conflicts - so that we can easily see why we could not post it under the "Facts are Facts" section. That way, others will not have to reinvent the wheel- they can just pick up where the original poster got stuck. Or perhaps a reader will already have the answer and can supply it right then and there.

Have I gone off in the wrong direction or is this what you are talking about?

Red Bird

Reactions
I’ve thought it would be nice to have sort of a flowing timeline. For instance a baseline of mainline historical dates with overlays of discoveries. The first overlay might be to simply take 1000 years off of AD dates. One line might be Fomenco’s dates, etc.
BC same thing with first overlay Biblical dates, etc.
Other overlays could be one in a straight line from current to beginning of time and vice versa.
One overlay would be map data...
There could be many many overlays.

I have a hard time, when reading some tidbit, of trying to think outofthebox because I’m so date programmed.
Also, even though it would start out chaotically I believe patterns will become obvious.
All the evidence would be notated in one place (for instance 1812 happenings).
It would have to be split geographically, too, and perhaps other ways but they could still be overlayed on other lines.

I didn’t mention it because it would take me a long time, if ever, to first figure out how to do the graphs!! The mention of a wish for a group of grad students is a good one.

Does this make sense?

Have mainline historians done this to an extent already? You know if we can think of this stuff why can’t they?
It would be too scientific for ‘real historians’ guess ; )
Have they made their own wiki...They could’ve put all of their discoveries/anomalies in one place to see if perhaps something is out of whack etc.

Reading this post I think we need our own AI

Layers with these too (oops no link to astroclock thread)
  1. Old Bohemian Time
  2. Babylonian Time
  3. Central European or Old German Time
  4. Star Time
Add Julian...

Last edited:

JustWow

Reactions
I’ve thought it would be nice to have sort of a flowing timeline. For instance a baseline of mainline historical dates with overlays of discoveries. The first overlay might be to simply take 1000 years off of AD dates. One line might be Fomenco’s dates, etc.
BC same thing with first overlay Biblical dates, etc.
Other overlays could be one in a straight line from current to beginning of time and vice versa.
One overlay would be map data...
There could be many many overlays.

I have a hard time, when reading some tidbit, of trying to think outofthebox because I’m so date programmed.
Also, even though it would start out chaotically I believe patterns will become obvious.
All the evidence would be notated in one place (for instance 1812 happenings).
It would have to be split geographically, too, and perhaps other ways but they could still be overlayed on other lines.

I didn’t mention it because it would take me a long time, if ever, to first figure out how to do the graphs!! The mention of a wish for a group of grad students is a good one.

Does this make sense?

Have mainline historians done this to an extent already? You know if we can think of this stuff why can’t they?
It would be too scientific for ‘real historians’ guess ; )
Have they made their own wiki...They could’ve put all of their discoveries/anomalies in one place to see if perhaps something is out of whack etc.

Reading this post I think we need our own AI

Layers with these too (oops no link to astroclock thread)
  1. Old Bohemian Time
  2. Babylonian Time
  3. Central European or Old German Time
  4. Star Time
Add Julian...
Yes- I have actually purchased software to help me build a timeline- but the software wasn't what I needed. I have also thought if we could see a timeline of when things happened- even if it includes "their" BS, it might be very enlightening. I feel like some things would stand out like a sore thumb if we could see everything at once.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lurck General 6