Chronovisor, Chronoscope, Time Viewer

Searching

Reactions
There have been a few mentions on this site of a chronovisor, allegedly a functional time viewer described by Father François Brune in his 2002 book Le nouveau mystère du Vatican ("The Vatican’s New Mystery").
In the book, Brune relates that the chronovisor was built by Pellegrino Ernetti (1925–1994), an Italian priest and scientist. Although Ernetti was a real person, the existence or functionality of the chronovisor has never been confirmed; its alleged capabilities are strongly reminiscent of the fictional time viewer which features in T. L. Sherred's 1947 science fiction novella, E for Effort.
In the early 1960s, Ernetti began to study the writings of François Brune, himself a Roman Catholic priest and author. Ernetti allegedly ended up helping Brune construct the machine as members of a team which included twelve world-famous scientists. He identified two of them as Enrico Fermi and Wernher von Braun.
Yes, the same Nazi Von Braun that was relocated to the United States, worked for NASA, and supposedly put a man on the moon.
The chronovisor was described as a large cabinet with a cathode ray tube for viewing the received events and a series of buttons, levers, and other controls for selecting the time and the location to be viewed. It could also locate and track specific individuals. According to its inventor, it worked by receiving, decoding and reproducing the electromagnetic radiation left behind from past events. It could also pick up the audio component or sound waves emitted by these same events.
Supposedly, the Vatican saw that the chronovisor could be used as a weapon and that it would be the end of privacy for everyone, so they dismantled it, however, I find this altruistic behavior out of character for the Vatican. If such a device does exist, I would not put it past them to keep it secret and even weaponize it.
Chronovisor - Wikipedia

Essentially, this is a type of remote viewing.
Remote viewing - Wikipedia

As ridiculous as this may seem initially, there is reason to believe that, theoretically at least, such a device would work. The premise is that light and sound waves, after their emission, are not destroyed, but are transformed into continuous presentations. Nothing is lost. A practical example is the 1936 Olympics, the first television broadcast. It has been said that this transmission will be the first contact we have with alien life. Those aliens will be viewing our past much the same way we are told that the light from the stars we see are millions of years old. That is, if you believe in the model of the universe that has been taught to us.

I would imagine that a chronovisor works much the same way as this scene from Contact in which frequency, or sound, is translated into pictures. The same way information of 1's and 0's translate into pictures on your computer screen.

Much like how Cypher said he doesn't see 1's or 0's anymore. He sees red head, brunette, etc.

Paleoacoustics, or archaeoacoustics, is the study of sounds that were recorded as items were being made. Think of how a record works. The grooves in the record store and record sound. Other materials can hold sound as well.
The idea is that sound waves might have been recorded and preserved by accident. One possible way this could happen would be during the creation of pottery. In theory, a clay vessel spun on a potter's wheel and given a spiral pattern with a stylus would act like a primitive phonograph. On early phonographs, sounds were preserved by using a tin (or later wax) cylinder spun with a needle, etching a spiral groove down the surface of the cylinder. The needle would pick up sounds waves and etch the vibrations into the grooves. When the needle traveled down the groove a second time, the effect would reverse itself and the needle would vibrate, playing back the recorded sound.
On the pottery wheel the soft clay of the pot would act as the recording medium and the stylus as the needle. In theory the sound vibrations could be etched into the clay. Given that this method of creating pottery has been around for thousands of years this technique seems to hold out the promise of bringing back sounds from the ancient past.
The UnMuseum - The Missing Chronovisor

Even buildings hold acoustic information from the time of their formation.
[A] trowel, like any flat plate, must vibrate in response to sound: thus, drawn over the wet surface by the singing plasterer, it must emboss a gramophone-type recording of his song in the plaster. Once the surface is dry, it may be played back.
— Jones, 1982
Archaeoacoustics - Wikipedia

Project Looking Glass is another form of time travel or remote viewing, but in this scenario, the U.S. government also looks into probable futures, sends information back to "the now", and can supposedly adjust today's events to create the future they desire. This version deals with multiverse and quantum possibilties, which tie in nicely with ME changes. While Wiki makes no mention of the project's goal to be "time travel", I have found many sites that do.
'Quantum Surveillance' - Project Looking Glass, page 1
Forbidden technology part II, Project Looking Glass - Auricmedia - Blogman's Wonderland

Another theory is - and this should resonate with all on this forum - that the history seen with the chronovisor is drastically different from the history we have been taught. This leads us to a supposedly fictitious woman by the name of Charlotte Keppel.

In what some call a documentary, but others call a mockumentary, Keppel was a scientist in 1930's Ireland. She built upon the work of Tesla and created a chronoscope, much like a chronovisor. The Nazis then captured her, stole the chronoscope, did their best to wipe out any newpaper articles and information about her and her invention, and secretly used the technology for the Reich.

There are definitely a lot of holes in the chronovisor saga. For example, a picture was allegedly taken with the Chronovisor of Jesus' crucifiction, but critics argue that the image was a reproduction of a statue of Jesus located in a church in Perugia. Ernetto then claimed that the picture was the same as the statue because the statue was modeled after a nun's vision of Jesus on the cross. Her vision was true and so was the picture, so of course they look alike.

Like everything we look into, fact seems to be mingled with fiction, and it is difficult to tell which is which. I don't know what to think; I just found this topic interesting and wanted to share my findings.

Attachments

Last edited:

whitewave

Reactions
In what some call a documentary, but others call a mockumentary, Keppel was a scientist in 1930's Ireland. She built upon the work of Tesla and created a chronoscope, much like a chronovisor. The Nazis then captured her, stole the chronoscope, did their best to wipe out any newpaper articles and information about her and her invention, and secretly used the technology for the Reich.
I was buying it until about the 12 minute mark when Ms. Kepper gets kidnapped under gunfire. The gunner is shooting right at the camera and the picture remains fine, the camera remains unbroken, no sounds of cameraman hitting the ground. And how did a cameraman just happen to be there for the historic occasion of Ms. Keppler getting kidnapped?

The credits at the 19:10 mark list Serena Brabazon as the actress who played the part of Ms. Keppler.

Last edited:

Obertryn

Reactions
I recall reading an article a few years back about a type of "binoculars" or something that could be used to read vibrations in glass or other materials so you could listen in on a conversation happening behind closed doors from several miles away. It was in an actual mainstream news source too, so the concept seems to be sort of possible.

I'm not really sure how applicable this would be, though. Energy is not destroyed but it is restructured and repurposed (and even then it's debatable if that is true - energy does seem to disappear somewhere, which is why your cup of coffee will not stay hot forever) so even if there were "echoes" that we could observe, they are almost certainly lost by now. I predict that at most, we might be able to observe something from the mid-to-late 19th century, maaaaybe the late 18th century but certainly not 800 or 1000 years back.