Cathedrals: Who really built them?

sonoman

Reactions
I think he is definitely onto something but not with the electronics, (all the ancient electronics ideas are missing the mark) but this:
Gosh who knows. Perhaps the original rose windows (probably not originally filled with glass) are the cymatic ID of the building.
the grid explained @1:25:30

BStankman

Reactions
These churches would require hundreds of workmen every single day for many years. Where did these tiny villages come up with that big a workforce? Would people from other towns and villages sacrifice their own time and labor to help build a church that they'd never attend, on account of they didn't live there? And everyone still had to work in the fields from spring through early autumn--plowing, seeding, harvesting, storing and preserving crops. They had their animals to tend to, as well, and important events like livestock fairs. And then there's the issue of feeding such a massive workforce. Who provided the food? Surely not those poor, small villages with barely enough to sustain themselves at any given time. None of this makes any damn sense at all.

If energy was free you would have a lot more free time to devote to other things.
Probably artistic. Like making cow bells that were ornate instead of crass and functional.
Dotaku (Ritual Bronze Bells from Japan) as unknown technology

We don't build giant public works without an expected return.
These buildings supplied something of value to the people that built them.

Andrinus

Reactions
We don't build giant public works without an expected return.
Somebody surely made revenues of building these things, but was this the initial force behind it? Maybe people HAD to build them.

If conditions changed for a special group of people -worldwide- in way that their unique and desperately required capabilities starts to disappear, there would be an urgent need to do something against it, like building places where they can re-load their capacities or maintain health, or simply stay alive by being inside these buildings, probably all the time. Those techniques must include music and sound of course (think of all the out-of-place organs in the mud flood mansions) as well as other physical aspects, as was shown here beyond doubt on several other posts.

Maybe, in this situation, the Gothic Building Inc. people were the winners of an engineering and economic race: their buildings were simply the best to do what they were ment for. The gothic buildings all around the world are (imo) not the outcome of a century-lasting, architectural 'phase' or 'style', influenced by 'local cultural, political or religious aspects'.

Rather, they are all one unique PRODUCT, put in place within a relatively short time frame, and supposedly by a rather small group of master architects, artists and masons. The worldwide demand gave them the fortune.

And yes, the 'cymatic ID' sounds plausible, but I would not see it as 'unique' identifier, but more like a product label, so that the wise people would have known instantly which 'features' were available inside the building.

Ice Nine

Reactions
@wizz33 He makes a good point, what better why to hide and have control over the tunnel network.

I live the videos put out by Observation Deck he always makes good sense to me. And his take on the underground cities and why we had to go underground is spot on in my opinion. I do believe humans were forced underground out of necessity. Due to cosmic impact perhaps or something else calamitous that made living on the surface out of the question.

Andrinus

Reactions
Found this painting of the construction of the (.. painters imagination of the ..) Temple of Jerusalem, from Jean Fouquet, 1470. The architecture is adopted from the cathedral of Tours in France, where Mr. Fouquet lived.

If it's a construction and not a restauration, why would one finalize and even gold-plate the ground-level, if the roof is not there at all? :unsure: And, the painter has chosen 'acceptable' proportions for the people, to avoid the effect that people appear as small as lego figures, as is the case in most fotos of such buildings.

Unless all the folks there were giants.

Ref: [wikiart]

CurvedBullet

Reactions
@Timeshifter , that's crazy nobody can see the pictures, well or not. I think it was being remodeled, spruced up, not built from scratch.

I'm always dumbfounded by the massive size(s) in more than a few respects. First off why do humans our size need buildings with up to 156 foot high ceilings. And built, supposedly, in a time where, come on, that couldn't have been easy. It actually seems quite insane to me.

List_of_highest_church_naves

And let's notice how big the doors are :eek: jeez regular humans look like ants near these doors.

View attachment 15269
Honestly, I'm starting to feel like there was a race of giants building these, seems to be the best explanation I can come up with.
Yes, it appears that we - via a DNA loop that's been minaturized? or we we're simply brought in from other Realms "Dark City" fashion? - are Hobbits of a sort...

Ice Nine

Reactions
Yes, it appears that we - via a DNA loop that's been minaturized? or we we're simply brought in from other Realms "Dark City" fashion? - are Hobbits of a sort...
I've had thoughts along those lines before, I can't decide if we are the Hobbits or the Dwarfs.

I was thinking also how these massive cathedrals are almost as big of a conundrum as the Great pyramid at Giza. Or any of the big pyramids and ancient Temples around the world. We don't know how they were built and what their true purpose was. So I think they were from another time and these "Gothic" cathedrals are like the next generation of builders. With who knows how many "events" in the interim.

But in my mind the connection would be they were all used for the Worldwide Earth Power and Electric co. built by a cadre of master masons.

CurvedBullet

Reactions
I've had thoughts along those lines before, I can't decide if we are the Hobbits or the Dwarfs.

I was thinking also how these massive cathedrals are almost as big of a conundrum as the Great pyramid at Giza. Or any of the big pyramids and ancient Temples around the world. We don't know how they were built and what their true purpose was. So I think they were from another time and these "Gothic" cathedrals are like the next generation of builders. With who knows how many "events" in the interim.

But in my mind the connection would be they were all used for the Worldwide Earth Power and Electric co. built by a cadre of master masons.
Re: "...were all used for the Worldwide Earth Power and Electric co. built by a cadre of master masons."
Yes, a world wide web of another sort. Electricity through sound perhaps at the 432 mhz level? Electricity but also another form of communication, like Morse codes through notes.

Rhayader

Reactions
I'm surprised theres been no mention of Fulcanelli so far...his book 'Mystery of the Cathedrals' is very pertinent here! If googled, I think it's easily found.

Officially they would have been designed by master masons, steeped in alchemical knowledge. In this sense they are like books to be read, hiding symbols in plain sight etc. How they became Catholic is a good question, were they built for them or pre existing for another purpose?

anotherlayer

Reactions
I read something the other day and it goes along with my question as to why we never see medieval/renaissance paintings that show parishioners in church on a Sunday morning sitting in uncomfortable wooden pews with no central heating system... the quote was about how marriage ceremonies were not held in churches until the mid-1800s. I can't find where I read that but I did find this qoute:
The Clandestine Marriage Act of 1753, popularly known as Lord Hardwicke's Act, marked the beginning of state involvement in marriage, says sociologist Carol Smart of the University of Manchester. "You've got these parallel strands going on of the secular and the religious sides, and that clearly hasn't gone away," Smart adds.
There is something far more powerful going on and we've repurposed these Churches into their most base-level possible. And then we built poor replicas. Churches ≠ Religion.

On edit: Here was the article I was reading, do NOT laugh at me for reading ancient-origins, I was on a plane and bored! It only caught my eye because the Claddagh imagery and rings have always been around my family. Anyway, this was their quote:
The Modern Claddagh Wedding Ring
Fashions changed with time and the obvious imagery of the shaking hands gave way to wedding rings depicting images of the married couple or, after the rise of Christianity, crosses and other holy symbols to show that Jesus blessed the union .

However, the fede wedding ring would eventually make a comeback starting in the 1100s and lasting up until today. Interestingly, it was not until the 18th century that marriages began to take place predominantly in churches.
The link in the last sentence goes to another article from Ancient Origins which describes some dumb 800 year old church, complete with a list of parishioners. Ugh, what were these parishioners doing in these churches back in 1300? Because I haven't seen any paintings of them have a pancake breakfast or perhaps a summer lawn fete. They didn't get married in the church. What did they actually DO in these churches?

Here is another fantasy from that second article about the 800 year old church:
One of the more unusual features that appears inside the church, is what first appears as an upside-down cross, which in recent times is viewed as an anti-Christian or Satanic symbol. However, it is not as it seems. The upside-down cross is actually a sword rest.
Yes, a sword rest because there has never been anything more important to the owners of these religious sanctuaries than to show that war is good, weapons are sweet as f**k and Jesus died a bloody mess.

Last edited:

Bettie29

Reactions
Been up close to york minister a long time ago and it appears to be cast in place as concrete is today...likely it is an unknown 'concrete' recipe stored away from prying eyes...

the thing that i find striking though is given their size it is truly amazing so few of them were bombed in world war 2 or are taken out by the current terrapin ensemble said to be wandering european countries...

as with all 'stone' buildings they appear to be impossible to date even using the calendar we are told is correct (not a thousand years out)...oldest building in appearance round these parts we are told is a cistercian monastery aged over 800 and yet in a strange twist even the mainstream insist it wasn't built by the cistercians but by another order of monks who fell on hard times so simply handed it over to the cistercians...

a wander around it reveals it has weathered a fair bit but made of sandstone one would expct that however there are a lot of 'bits' of it in the local buildings and they do not often show the same level of weathering so go figure as the saying goes...
number one son who is as utterly convinced as i am that the mainstream is a bunch of lies has discovered at least one ley line crosses the valley in which the monastry sits right under the monastry itself...
i'll lay odds all cathedrals do the same...

the buildings on the ley lines do appear to me to be relay stations of earth energies charging up and moderating the lines themselves and as such places where heaven and earth truly connect.
I visited York Minster last time I was in the UK, and couldn’t get over what a magnificent building it was, and couldn’t wrap my head around how old it’s supposed to be. Also that long ago that while people were fairly simple and primitive they managed to construct such enormous elaborate buildings, doesn’t ring true to me.

Probably ties in with why the standard music frequency was changed. Covering their tracks!
Re: "...were all used for the Worldwide Earth Power and Electric co. built by a cadre of master masons."
Yes, a world wide web of another sort. Electricity through sound perhaps at the 432 mhz level? Electricity but also another form of communication, like Morse codes through notes.

Last edited:
OP
BrokenAgate

BrokenAgate

Reactions
I nabbed this off of some touristy website waxing eloquent over the beauty of Italy, and with good reason: look at this detail from one of the cathedrals in Palermo. (I don't know which one.)

Palermo, Italy cathedral detail.jpg

How was that made--with hammers and chisels? Was it molded, or laser-cut, or what? It's just mind-boggling that we are told that this was designed and built by the same sort of people who were riding around in horse-drawn wagons, using ropes and pulleys and primitive wooden scaffolds, in a society that was mostly poor people barely able to survive on what their rich landowners allowed them to keep...and they built this?? How, and using what tools? Do any of these guys look capable of creating anything other than rough-hewn logs and brick walls?

medieval builders.jpg

This website suggests that if you get enough guys using enough ramps, pulleys, ropes, levers, and wooden wheels, they'll produce a cathedral. And if you get enough monkeys pounding away on enough keyboards, they'll eventually write an article like this.

The sky is the limit: human powered cranes and lifting devices

Timeshifter

Reactions
I nabbed this off of some touristy website waxing eloquent over the beauty of Italy, and with good reason: look at this detail from one of the cathedrals in Palermo. (I don't know which one.)

View attachment 20069

How was that made--with hammers and chisels? Was it molded, or laser-cut, or what? It's just mind-boggling that we are told that this was designed and built by the same sort of people who were riding around in horse-drawn wagons, using ropes and pulleys and primitive wooden scaffolds, in a society that was mostly poor people barely able to survive on what their rich landowners allowed them to keep...and they built this?? How, and using what tools? Do any of these guys look capable of creating anything other than rough-hewn logs and brick walls?

View attachment 20070

This website suggests that if you get enough guys using enough ramps, pulleys, ropes, levers, and wooden wheels, they'll produce a cathedral. And if you get enough monkeys pounding away on enough keyboards, they'll eventually write an article like this.

The sky is the limit: human powered cranes and lifting devices
Image getting to the last corner and slipping with the chisel.... its utter nonsense isn't it?

anotherlayer

Reactions

View attachment 20069

How was that made--with hammers and chisels?
I always resort to the idea that our elaborate buildings were carved out of wood (Bubhagurat, Angkor, et al) and then in some fashion it was petrified instantly. However this type of detail shouldn't even be possible in wood (not by hand, not in the 1700s when at best you had a hand/gear drill. Not without making a mistake at some point. The depth of the patterns is incredible!).

Anyway, I have a much more disturbing feeling when I wonder who sat down and drew this out. Certainly this wasn't freehand and freewheeling, this had to be from a set pattern/design. And who in their right mind turned to the workers and said "check this shit out and YOU are going to build it!"? Who thought such beauty was required for the masses to enjoy? What citizens of such great leadership were blessed to live in such a time?

Something changed.

Last edited: