Bigfoot, a.k.a Sasquatch

Wyrdling

Reactions
Let's discuss the Bigfoot phenomenon. If this creature exists (which I believe it did if it no longer does), then they've remained some of the most elusive beings to ever roam this great Earth. A fugitive on the FBI's Most Wanted Fugitives list can learn a thing or two from the legendary Sasquatch! Some speculate there is a connection with the now extinct hominid, Gigantopithecus, who roamed Asia. I'll post the famous film reel of the alleged female Bigfoot specimen discovered walking in Northern California.

Patterson-Gimlin film
Patterson-Gimlin film

Here we can see an ape-like gait and physiology in "Patty" complete with breasts.

Sasquatch Genome Project
In 2012, Dr. Melba Ketchum and her research team published evidence (see: Novel North American Hominins, Next Generation Sequencing of Three Whole Genomes and Associated Studies) of 111 samples of blood, hair and tissue specimens believed to belong to elusive hominid Sasquatch. The DNA evidence suggests that we are dealing with a related subspecies, hybridized: "[o]f the 16 [mtDNA] haplotypes, most were European or Middle Eastern in origin. African and American Indian haplotypes were also observed." This could make sense as Sasquatch probably snatched unsuspecting women from various populations in order to increase its own numbers.
In 2013, ZooBank received and accepted the scientific nomenclature proposed by Dr. Ketchum et al for the Sasquatch hominid, labeling it Homo sapiens cognatus.

KetchumExcerpt.jpg

Excerpt from Dr. Ketchum et al. Novel North American Hominins, Next Generation Sequencing of Three Whole Genomes
and Associated Studies

WHAT ARE SOME POSSIBLE BIGFOOT GENETIC TRAITS?
Gigantism / Acromegaly
The U.S. National Library of Medicine defines Gigantism as 'an abnormal growth due to an excess of growth hormone (GH) during childhood.' And Acromegaly when the GH has stopped.

Hypertrichosis
Hypertrichosis (archaic: 'Werewolf syndrome') is characterized as an abnormal amount of hair growth over the body.

Let me know your thoughts. Do you think Bigfoot is more simian than human? Or are they merely another human-like subspecies (race) with a set of traits which we tend to refer to as 'genetic diseases' or disorders? Think: Sub-Saharan Africans and Sickle Cell Anemia, a genetic disease that provides protection against Malaria.

dreamtime

Reactions
Looks like they are some kind of native inhabitant to this realm, at least they perfectly merge into their surroundings. Maybe a result of some early genetic experiment or interbreeding. Seems they live in very small family groups, in elusive places, and want to be alone most of the time. If we'd discovered them, we'd probably put them on the list of endangered species.

In the past they were hunted down and used for unpleasant work and other things, then interbred with humans.

Before ‘Smallfoot’ and Bigfoot, native tribes told stories of child-stealing creatures of the woods

Ice Nine

Reactions
SQUATCH!!!
Looks like they are some kind of native inhabitant to this realm, at least they perfectly merge into their surroundings. Maybe a result of some early genetic experiment or interbreeding. Seems they live in very small family groups, in elusive places, and want to be alone most of the time. If we'd discovered them, we'd probably put them on the list of endangered species.

In the past they were hunted down and used for unpleasant work and other things, then interbred with humans.

Before ‘Smallfoot’ and Bigfoot, native tribes told stories of child-stealing creatures of the woods
The White River Valley Museum is about 15 miles from us.
I absolutely think they are real. I think they are a hominid we don't know about, they have to be intelligent, smart enough to avoid humans anyway.
I also have spent a lot of time over the years pouring over the Patterson film and reports and analysis of the film. I think it is genuine.

This is a long, but revealing article. the more the film is analyzed, especially with today's technologies, it's impossible to show it's a fake in any way.
why-patterson-gimlin-bigfoot-film-should-concern-scholars-

Here is just one of many good analysis of the film

SASQUATCH CHRONICLES BLOG

So when you are out in the woods, it doesn't hurt to carry a big stick and do some knocks on trees and let out an occasional Squatch call.

trismegistus

Reactions
Like Bigfoot, giant squids were thought to be something of past legend. There were ancillary signs of giant squids - - battle wounds found on whales, mostly. There was also a vast wealth of accounts of seafarers who had encountered them on the open seas. It wasn't until we started finding a carcass or two that the myths had become reality. Nobody had even captured one alive on film until 5-6 years ago, give or take. For the last several decades there was no debate whether or not giant squids existed, it was rather when they would finally be able to see a live one in its habitat.

That anecdote is why the "Bigfoot is a hoax" meme makes me frustrated. Why is it so easy to believe that there are 50 foot long squids with eyes the size of dinner plates without having proof, but a giant forest dwelling hominid is so much more difficult for people to think exists? The Patterson Gimlin footage is not a hoax, and anyone who says otherwise straight up haven't looked into it. Doing research into stolen history, UFOs, and cryptids will lead you down many fake rabbit-holes (trust me, I've been there. there are plenty of bigfoot hoaxes, too) but this is one of the pieces of evidence that holds up to scrutiny by professionals.

I've been all over the USA and there is one impression I get from doing so: America is huge. Forests in the pacific northwest? Huge. Forests in the Ozarks? Huge. Forests in the Appalachians? Huge. They are stupendously large, and mostly uninhabited. Drive through one some time, if you stop your car on the side of the road and walk out 100 feet you may be standing in a patch of forest no human has stepped foot on in decades, if not hundreds of years. Sometimes never. For anyone who has never walked these forests to say that "if Bigfoot was real we would have tons of pictures of them because there's no way one can stay hidden that long" is deluding themselves. It would be incredibly easy for one, even up to several in a family group, of giant Hominids to live their entire lives without ever coming into contact with humans. Or at the very least, just out of range to where they aren't noticed by humans. These are smart creatures, they likely understand that there is no incentive to interact with humans (other than to steal their food, apparently) and will go out of their way to live in uninhabited areas. It's not like the Patterson Gimlin footage was taken just off a well-trodden path through the woods, they were ostensibly in the middle of nowhere, relatively speaking.

The most likely explanation is that these are a unique species of primate or humanoid, or perhaps a hybrid of the two. However, I would not rule out the mystical aspect of their existence. Maybe I've been reading too much Tolkien recently, but their existence could imply a more specific purpose - - like a Warden of the Forest.
Sasquatch: Muckleshoot tribal members did not speak of Sasquatch. Doing so would draw one to you, says tribal member Romajean Thomas. They are human-like, covered in fur and over 7 feet tall with 20-inch long footprints. They can render humans unconscious with just one touch and are known to steal dried fish and women. Don’t whistle at night — that’s how they communicate.

Read more here: Before ‘Smallfoot’ and Bigfoot, native tribes told stories of child-stealing creatures of the woods
This could be interpreted as a Spirit taking an offering from a civilization that lives in its ward. There are plenty of practicing occultists who would tell you that in order to communicate with spirits, you must earn it.

This is all just conjecture on my part, I can't say I have good proof that this may be the case. At the same time, I think we can at least admit there is a lot we don't understand about this planet and the nature of reality. I am perfectly willing to concede to a more scientific, material explanation to the Bigfoot phenomena. However, if there is anything I've learned in the short amount of time on Earth it is that sometimes things are much stranger than first appearances...

dreamtime

Reactions
Like Bigfoot, giant squids were thought to be something of past legend. There were ancillary signs of giant squids - - battle wounds found on whales, mostly. There was also a vast wealth of accounts of seafarers who had encountered them on the open seas. It wasn't until we started finding a carcass or two that the myths had become reality. Nobody had even captured one alive on film until 5-6 years ago, give or take. For the last several decades there was no debate whether or not giant squids existed, it was rather when they would finally be able to see a live one in its habitat.

That anecdote is why the "Bigfoot is a hoax" meme makes me frustrated. Why is it so easy to believe that there are 50 foot long squids with eyes the size of dinner plates without having proof, but a giant forest dwelling hominid is so much more difficult for people to think exists? The Patterson Gimlin footage is not a hoax, and anyone who says otherwise straight up haven't looked into it. Doing research into stolen history, UFOs, and cryptids will lead you down many fake rabbit-holes (trust me, I've been there. there are plenty of bigfoot hoaxes, too) but this is one of the pieces of evidence that holds up to scrutiny by professionals.

I've been all over the USA and there is one impression I get from doing so: America is huge. Forests in the pacific northwest? Huge. Forests in the Ozarks? Huge. Forests in the Appalachians? Huge. They are stupendously large, and mostly uninhabited. Drive through one some time, if you stop your car on the side of the road and walk out 100 feet you may be standing in a patch of forest no human has stepped foot on in decades, if not hundreds of years. Sometimes never. For anyone who has never walked these forests to say that "if Bigfoot was real we would have tons of pictures of them because there's no way one can stay hidden that long" is deluding themselves. It would be incredibly easy for one, even up to several in a family group, of giant Hominids to live their entire lives without ever coming into contact with humans. Or at the very least, just out of range to where they aren't noticed by humans. These are smart creatures, they likely understand that there is no incentive to interact with humans (other than to steal their food, apparently) and will go out of their way to live in uninhabited areas. It's not like the Patterson Gimlin footage was taken just off a well-trodden path through the woods, they were ostensibly in the middle of nowhere, relatively speaking.

The most likely explanation is that these are a unique species of primate or humanoid, or perhaps a hybrid of the two. However, I would not rule out the mystical aspect of their existence. Maybe I've been reading too much Tolkien recently, but their existence could imply a more specific purpose - - like a Warden of the Forest.

This could be interpreted as a Spirit taking an offering from a civilization that lives in its ward. There are plenty of practicing occultists who would tell you that in order to communicate with spirits, you must earn it.

This is all just conjecture on my part, I can't say I have good proof that this may be the case. At the same time, I think we can at least admit there is a lot we don't understand about this planet and the nature of reality. I am perfectly willing to concede to a more scientific, material explanation to the Bigfoot phenomena. However, if there is anything I've learned in the short amount of time on Earth it is that sometimes things are much stranger than first appearances...
Indeed! It's really fascinating and absurd how humans are able to lock themselves into this tiny box and call everything outside of it a myth. Life could be so interesting, but we collectively ignore all the relevant things. People also overestimate the influence humans have on the planet. Just looking at the tiny fraction of land that we actually occupy, and it becomes clear we don't know everything. We haven't even discovered all indegenous tribes, which is remarkable.

BStankman

Reactions
Absolutely. One step off of a trail and the last person there was probably a logger 50 or more years ago.

They don't find Feral children . How do they expect to find a beast that is smart enough to not want to be found.

WildFire2000

Reactions
Here. Lloyd Pye.

I don't subscribe to everything in this, especially the Annanuki bits, but there is a lot of good research/information in there in regards to the homonid/bigfoot phenomenon and everything there. It's long, but a very, very good talk.

OP
Wyrdling

Wyrdling

Reactions
Thanks for the additions. I particularly liked this statement from @trismegistus
No such thing as reading too much Tolkien lol. IF anything I've always felt that the high fantasy genre was more akin to the ancient past than the science fiction space genres are the future.
Wild man - Wikipedia
There may be a relation to the Wild men depicted in Medieval and Renaissance art.

The_Fight_in_the_Forest_(Hans_Burgkmair_d._Ä.).jpg

Moriarty

Reactions
I dont discount them existing at all. Much as I don't discount mythical beasts, angels, demons, fairies etc. But what I do believe is that most of these are inter dimensional and occasionally they slip into our dimension. This is where the footage and genuine sightings come from.

I take the point about the forests being large and sasquatch being able to evade humans because of that. I believe they evade humans because most of time we simply cannot see them. And conversely, they cannot see us

Glumlit

Reactions
A quick search shows that yearly sightings are not kept track of, but Oregon state has over 2000(one of the most per state) to date.

It's not like people aren't seeing these things.

Just like people seeing coal or fish falling from the sky.

It's taken note of, then dismissed. Because "science" says it can't be true.

I like to think Bigfoot is one part of our genes, and the aquatic gods above the firmament are the rest.

But I'm sure if that were the case, bigfoot dna would have a lot of answers in it.

I'd then assume that bigfoot wouldn't even be allowed to exist according to public knowledge for that very reason.

Paracelsus

Reactions
Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yowie, Skunk-Apes, Skookum, Hairy Old Man of the Forest. Whatever you call them, they are a totally different species and only appear hominid. Also, they are perfectly suited to be outdoors amongst extremely lethal predators and environmental conditions. Cognitively, I think they are as intelligent as human beings - if not more so. However they choose to forego the entrapments of luxury and creature-comforts that define even the most wretched of human conditions.

Physiologically, they are inconceivably more robust than human beings. But, they aren't necessarily primates, and neither are we. We didn't evolve, and neither did they, they are what they are as we are. Atheistic Darwinian science would be useless to explain virtually all cryptids.

BrokenAgate

Reactions
There was a time when I dismissed all Bigfoot sightings as nonsense, drunks, drug addicts, hoaxers, etc. Now I fully accept that these giant beings exist, and I'm convinced they are highly advanced and can move in and out of our reality easily, which is why we don't find very much physical evidence of them. They may be responsible for some (probably not all) of the disappearances in forests. I remember reading about a little boy who disappeared on a trail, and witnesses claimed to have seen a large, hairy, upright creature carrying something that might have been a child's body. Can't remember the name of the missing child, though. He was never found.

Paracelsus

Reactions
There was a time when I dismissed all Bigfoot sightings as nonsense, drunks, drug addicts, hoaxers, etc. Now I fully accept that these giant beings exist, and I'm convinced they are highly advanced and can move in and out of our reality easily, which is why we don't find very much physical evidence of them. They may be responsible for some (probably not all) of the disappearances in forests. I remember reading about a little boy who disappeared on a trail, and witnesses claimed to have seen a large, hairy, upright creature carrying something that might have been a child's body. Can't remember the name of the missing child, though. He was never found.
Dennis Martin

They sent out a Special Forces team to search for him for some reason.

Ice Nine

Reactions
Dennis Martin

They sent out a Special Forces team to search for him for some reason.
Missing 411, poor little Dennis Martin!

I remember reading some theory about Sasquatch and the military, like the military has been experimenting on them, using them..etc. No time to look it up right now however. I'm sure there is something on youtube about it, what isn't there.

BrokenAgate

Reactions
Yeah, that's him! Poor kid, and that poor family. Losing a child, especially in such terrible and confusing circumstances, has to be heartrendingly awful. Yes, it is bizarre that, in some of these cases, the FBI and other government institutions get involved. I'm sure they are well aware that strange things live in the woods, and have to scramble to exercise damage control whenever a human goes missing without a trace.

Monkwee

Reactions
Thanks for the additions. I particularly liked this statement from @trismegistus
No such thing as reading too much Tolkien lol. IF anything I've always felt that the high fantasy genre was more akin to the ancient past than the science fiction space genres are the future.
Wild man - Wikipedia
There may be a relation to the Wild men depicted in Medieval and Renaissance art.
View attachment 13777
Definitely "agree" with you there!
wild-man-with-shield-1490.jpg!Large.jpg
have you guys come across the sasquatch-made-tree-structures up there in the PNW?
definitely interesting the more you look into them
squatchture.jpg
not sure how any human could move, let alone "weave" these logs together

teepee2.jpg
(EDIT: forgot to type the word "agree")

Ice Nine

Reactions
Definitely "agree" with you there!
have you guys come across the sasquatch-made-tree-structures up there in the PNW?
definitely interesting the more you look into them
not sure how any human could move, let alone "weave" these logs together

(EDIT: forgot to type the word "agree")
We, the mister and I, have never seen a stick structure, we live in the PNW and spend a lot of time in the woods, we are always on the look-out for them.
We have seen more than a few what look to be strategically placed small trees and limbs in interesting configurations that don't look like normal windfall. We suspect they are some sort of message to other Squatches. I've seen pictures of elaborate stick huts and teepees, but I'd have to see a Squatch build it myself.
I really want to see one bad! only once down by Mt. Saint Helens, in an area known for sightings, something was following parallel to us in the woods, we occasionally heard major limbs cracking as if something big was going through the woods. We've been startled by Deer and Elk before, even a Moose once in north eastern Washington, none of those critters will follow/stalk a person. Could have been a bear, but I rather doubt that as well. Anyway we got pretty freaked out and ended up turning back and hot footed it out of there, not much of a story, except I have goose bumps remembering it.:eek:

I have to live vicariously though a good friend's sighting of a Squatch. This man is what I call the salt of the earth and I don't think he could lie or make something up to save his soul.

Chris Baker

Reactions
I have always believed Bigfoot/Sasquatch exists. It just resonated with me since I first heard of these creatures. I live in northern Canada and plenty of native reserves around and the natives know the creature exists. I've always believed that sasquatch was vegetarian. It's only about 15 years ago that I started hearing theories that they eat other animals. One well known christian writer even wrote a book with a picture of sasquatch with a buffalo under it's arm. It bothers me when I hear stuff like that. The reason I think they are vegetarian is because almost all of the largest animals that walk the earth are vegetarian. Elephants, Hippo,Rhino's, Buffalo, Moose/Deer, Giraffe and Gorilla. I could be wrong but there is no proof that Squatch eat meat and all the ape family, from gorilla to chimps are vegetarian so why would squatch be different. You may wonder if I have ever seen one. No I havent, however back in 1996, April 2nd. I jumped onto my ATV and headed up a dirt road. Snow melt had started and that weekend was warm and the dirt road was half dirt/half snow. Rode for a while then stopped for a cigarette and to take in some sun. At one point I looked down at the sand and there was a footprint, it was a very fresh print but the weird thing is it was the print of a small child like maybe an eight year old. It struck me very strange as to why someone would be out there in still chilly weather and barefoot. Wasnt until years later that I thought that maybe that print was a newborn squatch. I wish I had looked around some more but at that time I was only interested in riding my new machine.