Beyond Photoshop: Rendering Synthetic Objects into Legacy Photographs (and Video)

whitewave

Reactions
Magicians show us that seeing may be believing, but it is not Truth.
Al Seckel shows us that in some instances, due to our nature, we are powerless to see otherwise.

And in the digital age, we're getting to the point where almost anything is possible.

Mind-reading MRI reads letters in the brain
Once you can READ, the obvious next steps are to edit, erase, and WRITE.
Well, that's disturbing. Especially that last one. Heck, a political (or religious) figure could be dead and could still be made to give speeches with that technology. Also goes to show that you can't use pictures or videos to prove a point online.

OP
Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle

Reactions
Well, that's disturbing. Especially that last one. Heck, a political (or religious) figure could be dead and could still be made to give speeches with that technology. Also goes to show that you can't use pictures or videos to prove a point online.
Right. Probably part of the nonlinear warfare if it isn't already.
RGB - dead or alive?
Underscores the fundamental need for Habeus Corpus.

But anything could be done - esp since Hollywood has been masters of audio-visual and narrative deception and emotional and ideological manipulation for decades.
Now you don't need body doubles to replace anyone, you can fabricate whole blackmail scenarios, weave incriminating video evidence from whole cloth, and use MK-Ultra, brainwashing, operant conditioning, and scores of other techniques to make a Manchurian Candidate.

Red Bird

Reactions
Yes. I’ve said before we know this tech exists it just hasn’t blown up yet. I believe the next presidential election it will. Further nobody will care according to the MSM. Look at all the idiotic stuff already stated in real time. But some of us do care.

Searching

Reactions
Disturbing, even more so knowing that photography has been tampered with since its inception. Before that, we only have paintings and drawings.

We can't prove any drawing or painting was based on a real event. We can't prove photos weren't staged.

We really have nothing to work with. We can't find one event in history or the news that we can point to and say, "Ah, that's the truth. That's 100% real."

Ice Nine

Reactions
Yes. I’ve said before we know this tech exists it just hasn’t blown up yet. I believe the next presidential election it will. Further nobody will care according to the MSM. Look at all the idiotic stuff already stated in real time. But some of us do care.
I'm starting to feel like we live in a Science fiction movie. I don't know if I've just turned into an old coot that can't stand progress dag nabit! but things are just going to far for me anyway.
I want to know what is real and what isn't. I enjoy it in fantasy movies, but not in what I now jokingly call "real life".