Artificial Scottish islands

Obertryn

Reactions
How can they tell they are artificial? Some of these crannogs just look like small pieces of land sticking out of the ocean that people built a bridge to and built some buildings on. Others just look like straight-up piers. Looking on Google, there's an image of one that reminded me a lot of those coastal restaurants, built on piers a bit out to the ocean to provide the diners with a view.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Are they talking about the Stonehenge built in the 1950s?

Every time when I see archaeologists talking about any objects older than 500 years old, it makes me laugh these days.

As far as the islands go, before they say that someone out there was capable of building something like that 3,000+ years ago, they need to toss their diplomas in a trash can.

Statements like that contradict their linear narrative. May be they should ask a civil engineer or two on what it would take today to accomplish such a thing.

codis

Reactions
It surely was Fionn mac Cumhaill, after finishing his job in NI (i.e. the Giant's Causeway). That hexagonal structures can't be natural ;)

Jim Duyer

Reactions
First, they are not 3,000 years old. They were done by a group that immigrated there from Doggerland, about 6-8,000 years ago. Second, the truth about this construction can be confirmed by some of the markings that they left behind on columns - they are very reminiscent of Celtic-Germanic markings from that same time period of about 8,000 years ago. The markings can be translated using an early form of Basque language and are fairly interesting to say the least. This is yet another area that the mainstream has hidden from us.

Jim Duyer

Reactions
3 or 8, or 12k years ago. What are the sources of these numbers?
I don't know about the 12, but the 8 is based upon the time when Doggerland supposedly went under the waves, so it would have been close to that period. I can date it even closer based upon the translation of the markings made at the scenes - on mantles in rooms and on columns. I figured out the language used by the Cro-Magnon men and possibly by the Neanderthals, and have translated marks in caves from Russia through Scotland, and down to South Africa. Many are over 24,000 years old. I have not published this portion of my research due to the fact that I need to have everything neat and tidy since mainstream linguists will be lined up to tear me a new one. I plan on doing so, but first I must get out this work of mine on Mercator and the oldest map in the world (not by Mercator). It will also cause quit an upset to the mainstream historians.

Jim Duyer

Reactions
OK, I see your point. I was attempting to offer you some insight into what my research has uncovered. Forget I replied. I have no intention of offering anything direct, prior to publication - I have offered other info, but on this one I must remain mute until publication. Sorry.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
OK, I see your point. I was attempting to offer you some insight into what my research has uncovered. Forget I replied. I have no intention of offering anything direct, prior to publication - I have offered other info, but on this one I must remain mute until publication. Sorry.
No issues here, and you have your publishing priorities which is understandable.

OP
Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle

Reactions
Cool :) For those of us who haven't yet - Is there a bibliography of your other publications we can read in the meantime?

BStankman

Reactions
How can they tell they are artificial? Some of these crannogs just look like small pieces of land sticking out of the ocean that people built a bridge to and built some buildings on. Others just look like straight-up piers.
Yes, fishing piers and litterbugs. After a long day of fishing, they just left their bait pots and fermented drink pots there.
Very common up to the 1970's.

3 or 8, or 12k years ago. What are the sources of these numbers?
Geologic Uniformitarianism . Anything under water is dated ice age.
You know. Like Port Royal Jamaica.