Are the modern Kurds also remnants of Tartary?

Deleted_x7

Reactions
Hey everyone,

I happened across a news article that mentioned:
Kurdistan is the native land of the ethnic Kurdish people, whose population is estimated between 25 and 35 million people. The governments of the four countries it spans – Turkey, Iran, Iraq, and Syria – all oppose Kurdish sovereignty, though Iraq has allowed the creation of the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) of Iraq, an autonomous governing entity.
So I did a quick search and found this site to be pretty informative: Kurdistan Map | The Kurdish Project

Man.. these folks are right in the thick of things over in that part of the world! If I didnt know any better (I dont) I might think they are somehow also connected to the former Grand Tartaria.

Anyone here Kurdish or know someone that is?

JWW427

Reactions
I can only speculate here.
The Kurds are special, thats for sure. Everyone seems to hate them.
If you are garnering that much flak, then something is up. It cant just be religious differences, it must be something genetic.
This my guess. Similar to the Basque perhaps. A culture of their own.
Their tribe spans an area that contains many ancient sites like Gobekli Tepe and many others.
Could they be a melting pot of former advanced cultures that fled to the mountains to escape persecution eons ago? Maybe.
JWW

Rhayader

Reactions
I had great sympathy for them until an incident changed my mind...in my city there were a lot of Kurdish immigrants and I found them pleasant enough, mostly secular...but remnants of tartaria I just don't see. They do seem to be despised by Turkey and iraq, presumably because they want to set up a new nation that would take land away from them. Who knows, every displaced people has a story to tell.