Ancient Fossils are Made Up or More Recent?

whitewave

Reactions
I was reading about the Ica stones last week and it's an interesting story. Apparently, they're fairly common and wash up on some shore or another often. One of the local retired doctors saw a fellow native with one and inquired about it. The native explained that (for some reason) the cartels pay money for them so the locals will sell them to the cartels when the stones are found. The doctor was fascinated by them and asked around, offering to buy several stones for the US equivalent of $50.00. He showed them to some museums but it's illegal to have archaeological finds in his country and he got in a bit of trouble (facing prison time!) so he said that he made them (which is not illegal). No one asked him to demonstrate making them and he was not known to be artistic before he came in possession of the stones but, realizing he may lose his freedom, he found a local artist and commissioned him to make some that look just like them. He still retains possession of the original stones (and apparently still buys from the locals when they find washed up stones) but he keeps those separate from the commissioned works. He's between a rock and a hard place legally (no pun intended). He can't say they're authentic or he goes to jail and he can't say they're fake or his reputation is ruined so he says he commissions "art". He does sell the commissioned ones but not the original stones even though he will show them to interested parties (Graham Hancock, etc.).

OP
PrincepAugus

PrincepAugus

Reactions
I didn't know that. I always thought you can collect any items you find that is not private or state property or illegal weapons and drugs. But yeah, just another control tactic.

ISeenItFirst

Reactions
Most public land in the US, if you find something historic, you have to report it to the archies.
On federal land, you can get in trouble just for looking for it, same with some states.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
I’m still impressed by this artificial petrification process. Wonder now, how many of those dino bones were not really fossilized prior to making it to the museums.

OP
PrincepAugus

PrincepAugus

Reactions
I would hope not much. I've learned too many dinosaurs and other ancient creatures and love them to not be the case lol.

asatiger1966

Reactions
I like how things fall in place sometimes. Probably so. Here is another map from this topic. US westbound advancement time schedule.
Korben, maybe a new thread on why the United States of America changed the laws with the " Congressional Act of 1871 ". It allowed the United States to own the states land. Which is forbidden in the Original Constitution. Why, and Why 1871?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
I totally support a new thread. The topic sounds very interesting. This one is not something I have sufficient knowledge of.

Will gladly participate and search along.

OP
PrincepAugus

PrincepAugus

Reactions
Yeah, and leave this thread for the fossils. xD

So I've been subscribed to PBS Eons channel and it's all about the evolution of animals and fossilization. I love they way they present their content, and also ancient history so what's not to love lol. I would like to see if anyone has any thoughts about it.

Last edited:

Grandpa

Reactions
Can I inject here that I hate the term "fossil fuel". In my research, no one has ever described any actual or theoretical method by which organic matter can become petroleum. They HAVE created petroleum from very basic minerals under high heat and pressure. NOT from organic matter, fossilized or otherwise.
I forget where I found the link, but there was a site that described the effects on an outside planet (Nibiru/X/...) that when it makes a close approach, through the magnetic connections and such can cause the earth to create water and oil and more form the elements within it. Hard to explain, but it made sense when they showed the data and processes.