Ancient American Canals

JWW427

Reactions
A man by the name of John M. Jensen has dug out some serious history regarding America's lost infrastructure. Harbors and canals.
He has a PDF file on all his work.

His information gives more credence to the theories that the Erie and C&O canals were restored in 1830, not built.
I found that Google Earth has photoshopped over one of his finds in Accomack, VA, a dredged channel.
I also found a harbor and canal south of Tampa, FL. The canal goes out to the Gulf of Mexico.

Jensen 1.jpegJensen 2.jpegjensen 3.jpegJensen 4.jpegjensen 5.jpegjensen 6.jpegjensen 7.jpegjensen 8.jpegAccomack GE.jpegjensen 9.jpegjensen 10.jpegjensen 11.jpegjensen 12.jpegjensen 13.jpegjensen 14.jpeg

Cheers.
JWW

OP
JWW427

JWW427

Reactions
Indeed!
And the story is that they hired 5000 Irishmen and paid them in whiskey. Racism, anyone? Thats the official narrative for both canals essentially.
There were few civil engineers in America circa 1830-45. Not much federal money for infrastructure either.
And who knows how many able bodied craftsman for stone work.
I think they worked very hard restoring what was already there. It was a massive job.
JWW

Erie canal 1.jpeg

hajni

Reactions
The pictures are from this New Earth video: https://ww w.youtube.cois m/watch?v=4XOYIJxAg-8
at 17'37
and there is the question, who, why and when put this poles of electricity? into an uninhabited sunken land, and what and when happened that the people left the the whole territory.
Building canals seems to be very important part of the common ancient culture everywhere in the World, from Asia to Saint Petersburg: (the untitled pictures are from New Earth video: "Canals longer than Panama Canal")
not only canals but other mind-boggling "land art" forms are part of the ancient mysteries everywhere, places where nowadays nobody lives: artificial islands, giant spirals on the land and under the sea or lakes, arrows, desert kites and so on... How many people lived on the earth to make them, and how...
I've just found this marvelous site: this is a treasure trove of secret things from the past:
The Ancient Builders of Africa p2.

from newearth video.jpgnewearth video.jpgnewearth.jpgUntitled2.jpgUntitled1.jpgUntitled4.jpg

OP
JWW427

JWW427

Reactions
The ancients were no doubt masterful engineers of hydraulics and canal building. Almost everything must have traveled by water.
Our modern cities, harbors, and ports come into question as to who built them and when.
The image is just south of Tampa, FL.
JWW

Tampa harbor.jpeg

Last edited:

Rarity

Reactions
In 1849, someone supposedly found a megalithic ancient canal that was 240 feet wide, 60 feet depth in some places, that went from the Bay of Honduras to a grotto between Guatemala and San Salvador, linking the Atlantic and Pacific. He claimed it took 18 hours to travel through the canal on a pirogue canoe. At one point in a Guatemala mountain range near the Fuego volcano they had to cut through "huge trees" that were blocking the way and past that was a "vault" 335 feet high and as wide as the canal, and light shafts were said to have been cut in the surface above it. The story was seen as unlikely to be true (but a wonder if it was) and considered a hoax, in some part because they had no idea what civilization would have constructed it.
1568882503597.png

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
What, asked A.J. Conant, “shall be said of the ancient canals, some of which still remain, the indubitable evidences of an extended inland communication between lakes, rivers and bayous” used by the mound builders? These ancient canals would be creditable works even for the engineers of today. (Conant, A.J. Foot-Prints of Vanished Races in the Mississippi Valley. St. Louis: Chancy R. Barnes, 1879.)

Skydog

Reactions
The way that I try and pique the interest of my mainstream friends, family and occasional colleague (i.e. everyone but me) - is to put the Erie Canal in the following context:

The original canal was 363 miles long and was supposedly built between 1817 - 1825 (or approximately 8 years).

Quick math suggests they completed a mile every 8 days on average.

1 mile of finished canal every 8 days (or 192 Hours) on average.

Then I note the amount of trees that had to be cut down, the lack of machines, the numerous and massively complicated aqueducts, ~30 locks, impossible niagara escarpment excavation...and an oxen in a drunken Irish workfleet.

Organized by two judges with no prior civil engineering experience (as there were no civil engineers in the country at that time after all don’t cha know!).

Oh and who can forget that Dynamite wasn’t even invented until 1867!

After all that, they usually call me a flat earther and we go back to bashing whichever political party fits the moment at that particular moment).

But yes, I 100% agree we need a proper thread on the Erie Canal!

Let’s draw straws...

OP
JWW427

JWW427

Reactions
I think we're way past the need to do a thread on the Erie Canal. It's so patently obvious to us on the forum it was an impossibility just by the inane and childish BS cover story surrounding it. As Winston Churchill famously said: "The truth is so valuable it must be surrounded by a bodyguard of lies."
Pictures are worth billions of words.

JWW

Erie 1.jpegErie 2.jpegErie 3.jpegErie 4.jpegErie 5.jpegErie 6.jpeg

BlackWater

Reactions
What, asked A.J. Conant, “shall be said of the ancient canals, some of which still remain, the indubitable evidences of an extended inland communication between lakes, rivers and bayous” used by the mound builders? These ancient canals would be creditable works even for the engineers of today. (Conant, A.J. Foot-Prints of Vanished Races in the Mississippi Valley. St. Louis: Chancy R. Barnes, 1879.)
i too have been looking into the mound builders, and consequently...
49 Giant Mound Builders' skeletons found in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

9DC8FEE2-9410-4BE1-8923-9D495C13A81F.jpeg

Kofun - Ancient Burial Mounds in Japan

fact: a very specific culture moved massive amounts of earth to nurture their society.
fiction: we found it, must have been made by us.

i'm starting to believe that the last 400 years are a conglomeration of realizations related to the fundamental practice of forgetfulness. every leap we make in technology has been achieved equally before the present, whether in wood or stone or water. our ancestors conquered the elements under extreme circumstances and we chose to ignore their sacrifice. politics have khan fused us. language separates us more than oceans.

...they understood applying geographical infrastructure as a means of transportation...this alone contradicts our basic understanding of a native people who lacked any form of organization...what if crazy horse led the men who wrote the constitution of the united states.

1569722645458.png

much like

1569722980027.png

...and meanwhile the rest of the people were just doing their job?