An area as big as the United States, that's never been seen by a human being...

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Rear Admiral Richard Evelyn Byrd Jr., USN (October 25, 1888 – March 11, 1957) was an American naval officer who specialized in feats of exploration. He was a recipient of the Medal of Honor, the highest honor for valor given by the United States, and was a pioneering American aviator, polar explorer, and organizer of polar logistics. Additional information on Richard Byrd can be obtained on Wikipedia or Britannica.

“Strangely enough, there is an area left in the world today an area as big as the United States that’s never been seen by a human being.”, Byrd stated, referencing it as the land “beyond the South Pole” during the show.

It’s “for science”, Byrd said, “It’s an untouched reservoir of natural resources”.
So what was he trying to tell us in his overlooked interview? What lands "as big as the United States" was he talking about?

Traditionally we know that this is a piece of land covered by millions of square miles of thick ice. We are told that this ice is 1.5 million years old or so. There are some penguins out there and a few international research stations representing several different countries. It's the coldest place on Earth.

Richard-E-Byrd-0893e7.jpg

Miraculously, the land line of the continent of Antarctica is present on the map copied by Turkish Admiral Piri Reis back in 1513. That is over 500 years ago. There are two strange facts suggesting that this map is impossible:
  1. The continent of Antarctica was officially discovered in 1820. This would be over 300 years after Piri Reis created his copy of the map. How is that possible?
  2. On the map, there is one important thing missing. This thing is ice. The ice that is supposed to be approximately 1.5 million years old.
Coincidentally, Antarctica is the only continent on Earth where no oil drilling activities have officially been known to exist. Is there something more important than money?

Please watch the interview and judge for yourself.
  • Was Richard E. Byrd lying?
  • Was he telling the truth?
  • Is the truth being hidden from us?
  • Is there a continent beyond the Antarctic?

Coincidentally, Antarctica is the only continent on Earth where no oil drilling activities have officially been known to exist. Is there something more important than money?

Last edited:

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Is this truth hidden in fiction, or just me being too much of a geek while staring into the rabbit hole?
Reasonable question, but Antarctica is a complete topic in itself. For example officially it was discovered in 1820. But below you can see a map compiled by a Turkish cartographer named Piri Reis. In 1513 he produced a map which has Antarctica ice free. Of course contemporary scientists say that Antarctic ice is millions years old. At the same time scientists say that in 20th century they were able to scan through all that ice, and confirmed that the map was accurate.

The baffling Piri Reis Map of 1513: It showed Antarctica centuries before discovery, but without its ice cap.

And there is more to this map. Also this map is not the only one showing knowledge of Antarctica prior to its discovery in 1820.

Piri_reis_world_map_04.jpg Piri_reis_world_map_05.jpg Piri_reis_world_map_01.jpg Piri_reis_world_map_02.jpg Piri_reis_world_map_03.jpg

Last edited:

PiotrRasputin

I just edited my post in the unicorn topic and kind of tied it in with Antarctica. With such a largely unexplored landmass there are many possibilities for what could be there.

humanoidlord

he probally was talking about antartica itself, wich is an very odd place indeed

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
he probally was talking about antartica itself, wich is an very odd place indeed
I think this is where we get it wrong as a mankind. We always try to fit the words somebody said in the past into the framework of our acquired understanding. Similar thing is happening to our conventional interpretation of the older maps, where their creators are credited with excessive fantasy. Poor Piranesi is accused of surrealism, and abundant imagination as well.

I understand why we do it, because if we don't, this world would turn upside down.

humanoidlord

I think this is where we get it wrong as a mankind. We always try to fit the words somebody said in the past into the framework of our acquired understanding. Similar thing is happening to our conventional interpretation of the older maps, where their creators are credited with excessive fantasy. Poor Piranesi is accused of surrealism, and abundant imagination as well.

I understand why we do it, because if we don't, this world would turn upside down.
i find unlikely earth is hollow, just like i dont think its flat

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Pretty sure there is some crazy theory out there. When I see it, I can’t help but think about Gog and Magog wall. Though geographically it’s a wrong location.