Alyosha Monument to the Defenders of the Soviet Arctic During the Great Patriotic War, Murmansk.

Timeshifter

Reactions
Whilst at Liverpool Maritime Museum this week, I came across this picture which made me think, wow thats a big statue... and I had never heard of it.

So I did a little research online, and promptly found zip.

Apart from wiki & a multitude of tourism sites giving the same narrative with extremely limited info;

Designer: zip cannot find his existance
Sculptur: zip cannot find his existance
Construction photo/ video: zip
Opening ceremony photos or video: zip

Wiki

Most of the websites which I have visited have a narrative of the opening ceremony, a description, thats it.

How come this thing does not have massess of evidence available online? Considering its size and its reason for existing...

Could it be that it was already there?

Or is it because I cannot read or write Russian and have simply missed the evidence?

Google photos brought up nothing pre 2016 that I could see.

Considering its been there for 40 plus years, where are all the images? Surely it is not because of Russia? Is it the location?

I discovered (came across) more huge monuments in Russia too which may require further investigation...

Huge Monuments Russia

Thoughts?

Last edited:
OP
Timeshifter

Timeshifter

Reactions
How did I miss those.... thanks KD. Still not much in the way of evidince of build/ construction, perhaps fixing or reshaping? Also not much of a catalogue for 40 plus years of existance, I will search harder when I get some time :)