Afghanistan: Ground Patterns For You To Scratch Your Head...

Huaqero

Reactions
Here is a small portion of my collection of ground patterns in Afghanistan
for you to enjoy, scratch your head and help me understand...

You will see big holes on the ground in line next to village streets,
linear scratches on the soil, together with rectangular ones, which do not look agricultural,
clusters of rounded constructions or depressions which look like villages at first, but not at all on second view,
dots on the soil,
and others which I find hard to describe...

I will post them without comments, except for this first one, which I guess shows a procedure
of scratching the surface while searching for these round shaped things (they are everywhere);
they scratch, they stop when they find nothing and continue when they do.

Enjoy!

Screenshot_398.jpg
Screenshot_328.jpg
Screenshot_322.jpg

Screenshot_334.jpg
Screenshot_337.jpg
Screenshot_338.jpg
Screenshot_373.jpg
Screenshot_387.jpg
Screenshot_391.jpg
Screenshot_755.jpg
Screenshot_760.jpg
Screenshot_763.jpg
Screenshot_770.jpg
Screenshot_784.jpg
Screenshot_751.jpg
2019-08-02_131536.jpg

JWW427

Reactions
Very interesting finds.
I think we are seeing more evidence of seriously ancient settlements and advanced mining operations.
Possibly geomantic work in aid of farming back when it was not desert.
There are many reasons why the US military will never leave Afghanistan, and ancient technology left behind is one of them.
The mineral wealth there is simply awesome.
JWW

LeoDei

Reactions
Interesting find, I’ll be sure to keep an eye on this thread as it develops.

OP
Huaqero

Huaqero

Reactions
Very interesting finds.
I think we are seeing more evidence of seriously ancient settlements and advanced mining operations.
Possibly geomantic work in aid of farming back when it was not desert.
There are many reasons why the US military will never leave Afghanistan, and ancient technology left behind is one of them.
The mineral wealth there is simply awesome.
JWW
Oh, yes the US military is definitely into this...
Totally alien landscape.
Could be mining but no supporting infrastructure, not even roads in many cases.
Could be agriculture but the shapes and orientation and spacings of the scratchings do not look like field work, nor does the surface look fertile.
The most secure guess is that the dots are the spots where trees used to be before the desertification.
Some could be looting, though: The rounded shapes could be the tops of pre-flood houses; now they are covered by soil so the looters have to scratch the soil to find them and then dig to get into them.
But, if these are flooded houses, can you imagine the antiquities they find in there?

Last edited:
OP
Huaqero

Huaqero

Reactions
Wow Afghanistan is full of hidden gems.
Indeed, you can spent hours over these things ...
Btw, they are mostly on N. Afghanistan, check the coordinates and 'go' yourselves...
You will also notice that large areas there are blurred on the satellite images, even on the large scale.
However, some parts are visible and the landscapes above dominate the areas.

PS, I mostly prefer Bing Maps, on about 80% of the places I visited the images are significantly superior

Last edited:

msw141

Reactions
the 4th pic in your first post is interesting. reminds me of stuff in Peru and S. America.
they have wells that form in lines. wells or mining pits I guess. but makes sense that they follow the vein or source, not really mysterious. though more mysterious are these bands on the ground of these holes that form like a perforated texture look from above. South Africa also has lots of circular formations like some of your pictures. My guess is ancient mining and refining operations. there's been evidence of specialized "factories" for trade, like the one I'm thinking of is in England where they produced all the stone axe heads seemingly for half the world. Afghanistan I think was one of the few places you could get an ingredient for making bronze, like tin maybe. (I could be way off on this)

Attachments

OP
Huaqero

Huaqero

Reactions
the 4th pic in your first post is interesting. reminds me of stuff in Peru and S. America.
they have wells that form in lines. wells or mining pits I guess. but makes sense that they follow the vein or source, not really mysterious. though more mysterious are these bands on the ground of these holes that form like a perforated texture look from above. South Africa also has lots of circular formations like some of your pictures. My guess is ancient mining and refining operations. there's been evidence of specialized "factories" for trade, like the one I'm thinking of is in England where they produced all the stone axe heads seemingly for half the world. Afghanistan I think was one of the few places you could get an ingredient for making bronze, like tin maybe. (I could be way off on this)
Indeed! I knew about those peruvian wells but the similarity didn't cross my mind. Well thought.
Now, we only have to send someone there for the close-up photos, lol

BrokenAgate

Reactions
The collections of square structures look like the remains of towns and cities, to me, although I could be wrong and they are something else entirely. Whenever researchers address findings like this, they inevitably tell us that these are the foundations of old buildings, and the wooden roofs have rotted away. What if they are the TOPS of buildings, and we are looking at skyscrapers buried in a billion tons of sand?