Account of giants and a unicorn from Bootan 1800

jd755

Reactions
Searching for information about Poo-Ta-La and its location I came across this book which contains this. It may contain more but as it is easy to get 'distracted' thought it best to post it here for others to delve into and future reference.

An account of an embassy to the court of the teshoo lama, in Tibet.
I selected the most striking peculiarities of all nations for his entertainment, and he, in his turn, told me of wonders, for which I claim no other credit, than that of repeating with fidelity the story of my author.

In the first place, he mentioned a race of people, of uncommon stature, inhabiting a prodigiously high mountain, whose base was many day journey in circumference. The country lay east of Bootan; and being far distant, his subjects had never had any intercourse with it; but two of these people had, some years ago, wandered hither, and they were the admiration of all the inhabitants; being not less, according to his description, than eight feet high. They stayed but a short time, and seemed happy at the thoughts of returning to their gigantic brethren.

In the same range of mountains, north of Assam, he informed me there were a species of human beings, with short straight tails, which, according to report, were extremely inconvenient to them, as they were inflexible ; in consequence of which they were obliged to dig holes in the ground, before they could attempt to sit down.

He had a very curious creature, he told me, then in his possession;
a sort of horse, with a horn growing from the middle of his forehead.
He had once another of the same species; but it died. I could not discover from whence it came, or obtain any other explanation than burra dure! a great way off! I expressed a very earnest desire to see a creature so curious and uncommon, and told him that we had representations of an animal called an unicorn, to which his description answered; but it was generally considered as fabulous. He again assured me of the truth of what he told me, and promised I should see it. It was some distance from Tassisudon, and his people paid ilreligious respect; but I never had a sight of it.

And they had electrickery
But, not being competent to the comprehension of all his drolleries, we thought his visits, at last, too frequent, and we fairly frightened him from our rooms, by electricity. Never was a creature more astonished than when he received the first shock : we often gave it him afterwards by surprise, till at length he thought himself no where safe ; and a single turn of the cylinder would make him run, without stopping, till he was out al sight.

Our electrical apparatus proved a most fertile fund of amusement.

The quick and incomprehensible action of the electric fluid, produced frequently a very laughable spectacle, among crowds of Booteeas, who were attracted by curiosity to our apartments. It was extremely entertaining to communicate the shock to a large circle. After the first impression and exclamation of astonishment, there never failed to ensue among them a hearty laugh ; each being delighted at the idea of what he supposed the other felt. By the Raja's desire, I carried the apparatus repeatedly to his apartment, and he was much diverted with it. He would never venture to draw even a spark himself, but would occasionally call in parties to be electrified, and "" Khas signifies good, excellent.

BOOTAN. 153

much enjoyed the foolish figure they made on the sensation of a shock. At last we found it difficult to collect volunteer's, for they all grew remarkably shy of the machine. The Raja, however, seemed to derive so much amusement from it, that I could not find in my heart to deprive him of sucii a source of entertainment; so 1 left the apparatus in his hands, with such directions as I thought necessary: and if its charms do Jiot cease with its novelty, I have no doubt of his being able at any time to use it.

And this chap passed by the mountain we call Everest,
The most conspicuous of the number is that called Chumularee, which lifts itself above the rest, and terminates in a peak.

Chumularee is highly venerated by the Hindoos, who, as Poorung-heer informed me, have been used, from time immemorial, to resort hither in pilgrimage, for the purpose of paying their adorations to its snow-clad summit.

Last edited:

Archangelclk

Reactions
Very interesting find @jd755! I know of some ancient stories from Tibet and how the beginning foundations of the monasteries are linked to giant/Nephilim worship. Many sculptures and tombs were hidden in the mountains of the Himalayas where the monks would worship and venerate these giants. Hitler apparently sent his science/occult troops on an expedition to try and recover some of the Nephilim remains as part of their research for the Aryan super-human.

Some photos of their expedition 1938-1939

-human program.

Ice Nine

Reactions
Giants and unicorns, yeah I completely believe it. I can't even begin to list all of the species of animals that have gone extinct that we know of. And the physical evidence of artifacts that point to giants is pretty over whelming. So much so that the fact that there were giants is a no brainer. and not that long ago, just thinking about the huge buildings with enormous doors, going all the way back to Petra. Nothing can make me believe that humans of our size are going to be making doors 30 feet tall.

There had to have been a massive civilization in that region of the world. The remains of ancients "rock cities" are all over the place. We have several threads on here related to Tibetan and other hill monasteries and caves, which are the remains of buildings. anytime we see the rock something is perched on running right up the sides of the structures, you know something is up!

Mud Flood Himalaya
Meteora Monasteries, Greece and Hermit caves

OP
J

jd755

Reactions
Just remembered I had some more from that book.

Regeneration of a kind

When I first saw him at this place, in the year 1783, he rode upon a
piebald Tangun horse from Bootan, and wore a satin embroidered dress,
given to him by Teshoo Lama, of which he was not a little vain. He was
robust, and hale ; and his complexion, contrasted with a long bushy black beard, appeared really florid. I do not suppose that he was then forty
years of age. Two Goseins attended him, and assisted him in mounting and alighting from his horse. Indeed he was indebted to them for
the assistance of their hands on every occasion ; his own being fixed and immoveable, in the position in which he had placed them, were of course perfectly useless.

The circulation of blood, seemed to have forsaken his arms ; they
were withered, void of sensation, and inflexible. Yet he spoke to me with confidence, of recovering the use of them, and mentioned his intention to take them down the following year, when the term of his
penance would expire.

272 TIBET.

Other Goseins assured me, though I could not help doubting the
fact, that it is practicable to restore withered limbs, thus circumstanced,
to perfect use. This is effected, they say, though not without great labour, and some pain, by means of long continued hiction, before a large fire, with a certain ointment which they compound.

The cycle of twelve years?

The cycle of twelve years is in use here, as it is in western Tartary.

A connected world?

Egypt, in their language, eunani, and the lions, singhi, were favourite topics of conversation with him. Between this country, indeed, and Tibet, there seemed at some time or other, to have existed a frequent communication ; and Egypt appeared even now to merit respectful mention, whenever they named it.

Tartary and Tibetan lions

Lions are the natives of a warmer region; the burning sands of
Nubia, Ethiopia, and Arabia, seem to be their proper habitation. If the

TIBET. 289

lion ever existed in a state of nature here, it must have been at the same time with those vast monsters, whose bones are found in huge heaps in various parts of Tartary and Siberia at this day, and clearly point to some great convulsion, and change, in the order of our globe. But be this as it may, we see the head of the lion held up in Tibet with marks of high distinction and respect, though we can trace no certain clue
to discover, by what means he obtained this honour.