Who nuked San Francisco in 1906?

This appears to be the story of every single event where "fire storm" is present in the description. And the story is always the same. At first we have either an earthquake, or a regular fire. Then this mysterious fire storm gets developed. These fire storms always lead to a level of destruction comparable with nuclear explosions in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. And finally this miraculous construction boom takes place, and thousands of multistory buildings pop up from nowhere within a matter of 2-3 years. Sometimes they magically appear within a year. Of course, those days people did not know how to build simple, cost effective buildings. Therefore they were naturally limited to speed producing massive Beaux-Arts "UNESCO Heritage" quality level structures.

The exact same "fire storm" disasters happened to: Chicago, Baltimore, Jacksonville, Ottawa-Hull (CA), Patterson, Boston, Portland (Maine), Toronto (CA), Spokane, Saint John (CA), Lisbon (Portugal), etc. These other events are spread out in time, and there is a reason for it.

Also, very conveniently, just 4 days prior to the disaster, this awesome "documentary" of San Francisco was produced. In my opinion, this is nothing but a staged footage with the same people and objects popping into camera view again, and again. See how many times you see this car with license plate number "4887", a guy on a bicycle and a horse pulling heavy load. This is truly a historical ride (camera mounted on the front of a cable car) down Market Street in San Francisco on April 14, 1906. The preps were on.

Official version of the disaster: the 1906 San Francisco earthquake struck the coast of Northern California at 5:12 a.m. on April 18 with an estimated moment magnitude of 7.9. Devastating fires soon broke out in the city and lasted for several days. As a result, up to 3,000 people died and over 80% of the city of San Francisco was destroyed. As damaging as the earthquake and its aftershocks were, the fires that burned out of control afterward were even more destructive. It has been estimated that up to 90% of the total destruction was the result of the subsequent fires. Within three days, over 30 fires, caused by ruptured gas mains, destroyed approximately 25,000 buildings on 490 city blocks.

Devastation summary: 90% total city destruction, 490 city blocks and 25,000 (28,000+ other sources) buildings destroyed. Looking at the picture below it appears more like 99.9% total destruction, because none but 5 or 6 of those still standing buildings appear to be recoverable.

The below images are a photographic representation of the damages done to the city of San Francisco during this historic event. The first one is a high resolution image. These photos will only be entirely visible to the registered users of this website. Views from two opposite sides are presented.

1906_Ruins_1_J1.jpg

1906_San_Francisco_earthquake_aftermath_panorama.jpg

1906 damages
Basically it is obvious that the city was totally annihilated. It's amazing but this inferno spared just about all of the wooden utility posts visible along the streets. Firestorms are among nature’s most violent and unpredictable phenomena. Tornado-force winds sweep super-hot flames of up to 1,000 degrees Celsius (1,800 degrees Fahrenheit) through buildings and forests alike. Yet those wooden utility poles survive. Guess where else utility poles survived? The answer is Hiroshima and Nagasaki (below).

atomic-bombing-hiroshima-nagasaki.jpg hiroshima.JPG
The level of building disintegration caused by this so-called Firestormy Earthquake is also hard to explain. The buildings border line got evaporated. Look at the pictures of very heavily bombed during WWII German city of Dresden. Its damages are not even close to those of San Francisco.

I doubt we will ever find out what kind of weapon might have been used. But there was one mentioned in the past.

Death Ray
In the 1930s Tesla reportedly invented a particle beam weapon that some, ironically, called a "peace ray,". "The device was, in theory, capable of generating an intense targeted beam of energy" that could be used to dispose of enemy warplanes, foreign armies, "or anything else you'd rather didn't exist." The so-called "death ray" was never constructed, however, even though Tesla shopped the device around to various military divisions. The plans for the laser were never found after Tesla's death.

Illustration-of-teleforce-power-installation.jpg

Different inventions, and various achievements were very common those days. Chances are, the majority of those "break through" inventions were not inventions at all.

A coincidence?...
In 1908 we just happen to have this "Peace Voyage" around the world done by the Great White Fleet. Quotation marks make me wonder. The world is fighting, we are peace-touring.

At this time it starts to look weird. The city got burned to the ground, yet it appears to be rebuilt in 1908. A quick search for some SF pictures related to the visit of the fleet to San Francisco produced a few pictures with limited view of the streets. Well may be a mistake or what not, I think.

Then I run into this birds eye view of San Francisco in 1912. The plan is apparently dedicated to Panama-Pacific Exposition of 1915. At the same time every single internet reference I came across stated 1912.

SF_exposition_1912_50_75.jpg 1912_The Exposition_City_San_Francisco_focus.jpg
That is a lot of buildings to build by even 1915, let alone 1912 back then. Some googling for San Francisco buildings between 1910 and 1912 produced tons of the following style pictures.

I am not about to count buildings on the 1912 panoramic view, but it is clear that we are talking about well over 10,000 buildings, when taking into account over 28,000+ destroyed. I was trying to find the exact number of building built immediately after the earthquaky fire, but was unable to find anything other then, "San Francisco was rebuilt quickly - too quickly."

At this time, it was a good moment to take a close look at the US Census data pertaining to the 1906-1915 time frame. To build thousands of elaborate multistory "stone&brick" buildings within 6 to 9 years you, at least, would need people. Giving them some benefit of the doubt, I looked for something a bit later, and found it. It was something better then census. It was data on the numbers of gainfully employed individuals in San Francisco, and Oakland for 1930.

Sf_Census_employed_1930.jpg

459,665 is a lot of people, as long as you envision clerks, traders, every single female, and transportation and communication personnel actively building complicated multistory houses. Any common sense approach would suggest that in 1930 there were 150,000 workers at best, available to do construction. This is on the generous side. Now let us rewind to 1906, and this number would become even smaller. And when you factor out those who had zero clue about building architectural masterpieces, I am afraid we would have very unimpressive numbers. Also they could not count on construction workers from Seattle. Those guys were supposedly busy building the Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition. These expositions were trending those days.

For infrastructure requirements please refer to the article I posted a couple days ago: Similar style buildings are all over the world. Were they built by our civilization?

By simply saying the words "Construction Boom", the entire city full of buildings is not going to magically appear out of nowhere. But such cities were popping up left and right in the second half of the 19th and first 10-15 years of the 20th Century.

We literally end up with 5-7 people completing a building like above (both inside and outside) within 12-18 months, which is total non-sense. This time the rebuilding process of post earthquake San Francisco managed to include the below non-essential complex.

Panama–Pacific International Exposition
sf-world-expo-postcard-21.jpg

(how many of the buildings on the above image do you think still exist?)
Unless there was a trained army of experienced master builders of the highest quality, supported by smooth running logistics, it was impossible to build all the new SF buildings even if 1906 population of San Francisco was given 50 years.

BUILDING WITH BRICKS OR BLOCKS

This is how we produce bricks today!

Anybody knows where SF got bricks for the entire city?​

How is it possible than? I believe, as recently as 150-200 years ago there was one World Union with no countries. It was a civilization whose technical development was similar to that of ours. I am not saying that it was good or bad. I merely state that in the 19th century the entire world was fighting, while it would have to be building to get all the buildings and cities delivered. I do believe that current political system of the world conquered and destroyed the previous one. In the process billions of people were killed. These buildings we see all over the world are the remnants of that previous civilization. (I am still working on this concept. I believe something catastrophic happened twice: once in the 18th, and once in the 19 century. I also believe that the Timelines of World History, as well as the World History itself were intentionally altered. Meaning to the point where it is impossible to say what happened, when it happened and if it happened at all.)

- SF is not alone, there are hundreds of cities which suffered a very similar fate: Urban Fire verdict: global attack on our civilization or incompetency?
- This is why we have similar buildings all over the World.

Sure these have been posted elsewhere but

is it possible that photo dates of leveling in a city were from 50-100 years prior? like between 1810 and 1860? don't have any basis for this conjecture but the photos could be "dated" later with an appropriate urbane legend for each destruction

a different perspective would possibly be to create architectural scale models of a city and create a view of it after a "devestation". might explain some of the scale anomalies with people or horses only when there should? have been (or was) very different transportation

if this is the wrong location to put this, or redundant I can move or delete

Playing devils advocate here, as far as gas lines causing massive fires after an earthquake, this is what happened in Massachusetts in 2018 when a gas pressure regulator failed: from Merrimack Valley gas explosions
The faulty procedure used caused natural gas to build up in homes within a matter of minutes. Multiple explosions and fires were reported over a very short period of time in the towns of Lawrence, Andover, and North Andover beginning about 4:15 pm (EDT). Through the evening emergency crews responded to between 40 and 80 fires. At one time, as many as 18 fires were burning at once, and Andover officials struck a maximum 10-alarm response.

Andover's fire chief described "billows of smoke coming from Lawrence behind me, I could see plumes of smoke in front of me within the town of Andover, it just looked like an absolute war zone." A Lawrence resident described finding his boiler on fire after his smoke alarm went off; as he was extinguishing it he heard a boom from a neighbor's house and the ground shook. An explosion at one of the homes involved caused the house to shift off of its foundation. This in turn caused the chimney attached to fall on a car occupied by a fleeing resident, killing him. In addition to this death, twenty-five others were reported injured overall from the whole event. All of the fires were put out by 6:45 pm.

Last edited:
Also, heads up @KorbenDallas : "conquered and destroyed" has a malformed URL
Thank you. Got it fixed.
Playing devils advocate here, as far as gas lines causing massive fires after an earthquake, this is what happened in Massachusetts in 2018 when a gas pressure regulator failed: from Merrimack Valley gas explosions
I thought about it. It’s very plausible. They did use gas quite extensively.

Buy here are some issues so consider:
  • 1. Why would they hide that it was gas that did the damage? They mention dynamite instead.
  • 2. These damages are consistent with many other destroyed cities, where no earthquakes were reported.
  • 3. On the panoramic photographs we can see that whole blocks simply disappeared. Kinda if they were cut off with an imaginary knife

But here are some issues so consider:
  • 1. Why would they hide that it was gas that did the damage? They mention dynamite instead.
  • 2. These damages are consistent with many other destroyed cities, where no earthquakes were reported.
  • 3. On the panoramic photographs we can see that whole blocks simply disappeared. Kinda if they were cut off with an imaginary knife
I'm 100% with you on gas explosions not seeming to be the primary cause of the destruction.

Given the apparent scale of the damage you highlight, it appears something did mechanically concuss all those buildings in such a way as to disintegrate the mortar holding them together, and perhaps to shatter larger columns. Though it doesn't seem to have destroyed the bricks themselves however.

I mostly share the link because ruptured gas lines and explosions would not be uncommon after a cataclysm of this magnitude, regardless of what actually caused the initial cataclysm in the first place.

Through the evening emergency crews responded to between 40 and 80 fires. At one time, as many as 18 fires were burning at once
between 40 and 80 ... this is still guesswork?

Through the evening emergency crews responded to between 40 and 80 fires. At one time, as many as 18 (to 36) fires were burning at once

there, added some clarity

That's a fascinating article. I was once told by a Math professor when I was at university that Mathematics is always decades ahead of the Science that it powers. That means that Science will always have the Mathematical theorems that it needs for new inventions and discoveries. Hence, Science grows into Maths and not vice versa.
Modern Maths is built on the supposition that Riemann's Hypothesis of 1859 is correct. If this hypothesis proves to be incorrect, then we will be forced to unravel everything back to the ground zero of pre-1859.
What if alternative diverging paths of Mathematics and Science were taken in the middle of the 19th century?
These paths are:
1. The snail's pace one that we are currently on based on the supposition that Riemann was correct and
2. The alternative based on the knowledge (and proof) that Riemann was actually a deliberate false narrative that would send us on a wild and futile goose chase for the next millennia.
The Mathematical knowledge may well have been around in the mid-19th century that was required to power a true Science that could utilise far higher energies such as those needed for accelerated building projects, such as the re-building of San Francisco etc. Maths is always the smoking gun. No Math = No Science.

Last edited:
Maths is always the smoking gun. No Math = No Science.
hmm ... sounds like a dialectic. if math is mental and science is dis-covering, wisdom and understanding are different than knowledge and theory

hmm ... sounds like a dialectic. if math is mental and science is dis-covering, wisdom and understanding are different than knowledge and theory
You're probably right there.
My point is, that if there is a technologically advanced civilisation running parallel with our mundane one, then it must have access to an advanced Science and consequently advanced Mathematics.

Last edited:
I wanted to give a short reply, but every time I get lost.
When I think: it can not be more ridiculous than what I saw today, there is always a tomorrow.

This was the short answer (see photo below.
3 years. And San Francisco is doubled in wealth. Who financed this?

But then I thought, whait, what who?
Gaspar de Portola Rovira?
Are you kidding?
Gaspar The Port Rover who was looking for not yet established San Diego and San Francisco Bay, only some rumors of it?

Then I found an, in my opinion, creepy predictable 1948 Newspaper article about that USA with gold in San Francisco will take over the "old world" economic leadership.

Then I realised that what was destroyed by "fire and earthquake" was the old world:

Nob Hill
We have by the way a "new" reason why the other mansions burnt down:
"The mansion was the only one on Nob Hill to survive the 1906 earthquake and fire; the other mansions on the hill were built of wood, with finishes that gave them the appearance of stone, and were destroyed"

The whole economic center, all the banks exept the USA mint, Chinatown (but they could not get rid of them), Barbary coast, the Victorian houses...

Article that said that people were forced by armed soldiers to clean up and more info.

It gives me the chills that the bombing of Rotterdam went exactly like this. As if San Francisco was the example.

I think it was an inside job, this San Francisco thing. It was in my opinion the forecast of ww1&2.

The "firemen had no water" thing so they used dynamite": there is a whole ocean of water in front of the door!

This is also a long, constant repeating aftermath video. The people look so stupid, like they take a sunday afternoon stroll in an ancient site, dressed with nice hats and all.
And at the end a whole ship with people arrive.

Screenshot of the celebrations of San Francisco:

Screenshot_20210813-181929_1.jpg

There are some quirks in this video. If you watch carefully, the shadow lengths of all objects are inconsistent. Also, the man running at 04:08 doesn't have a shadow?
I'm sure this video was made in computer environment, but I can't prove it.

@KorbenDallas Hey bud, very nice job. Not sure if you already know the Russian blog: tart-aria.info, heaps of articles on the subject, photos and hypothesis. There is a something pretty interesting about the description of an army using a energy weapon extremely destructive in Ukraine and Russian no more than 200 years ago, here: The last of the Mohicans

It's definitely worth it to have a look to the works of tech_dancer and Antique Lighthouse

A noteworthy documentary is also:

Doron Zeilberger: (mathematician and philosopher)
"Our mathematics is an accidental outcome of the random walk of history, and would have been very different with a different historical narrative."

Doron Zeilberger: (mathematician and philosopher)
"Our mathematics is an accidental outcome of the random walk of history, and would have been very different with a different historical narrative."
thank you for this , not familiar with this work

Similar articles

Back