400 year old Sahara Desert, or why people forgot everything they knew about Africa

JWW427

Reactions
I can only add that as far as old maps go, the Admiral Piri Reis map was said to be copied from multitudes of much older maps. The Admiral himself wrote that in the margins. We should at least consider the idea that many old maps from the 1300s-1600s may have been copied from maps going back many thousands of years. Perhaps thats why we see thriving civilizations on some of them.

As for the Sahara, many sources say there was an ancient civilization there that far predated Egypt, one thats buried under 50-100 feet of sand. It was attacked from space and destroyed.
There are two or three suspected pyramids in the western Egyptian desert that were found by a young lady in N. Carolina.
JWW

Possible Pyramids Found in Egypt with Google Earth- The Whole Story - Satellite Discoveries and Google Earth Anomalies

rengel

Reactions
I always thought that Sahara Desert was thousands of years old. Of course, the official version confirmed it in the most scientific way possible, "During the last glacial period, the Sahara was much larger than it is today, extending south beyond its current boundaries. The end of the glacial period brought more rain to the Sahara, from about 8000 BC to 6000 BC, perhaps because of low pressure areas over the collapsing ice sheets to the north. Once the ice sheets were gone, the northern Sahara dried out. In the southern Sahara, the drying trend was initially counteracted by the monsoon, which brought rain further north than it does today. By around 4200 BC, however, the monsoon retreated south to approximately where it is today, leading to the gradual desertification of the Sahara. The Sahara is now as dry as it was about 13,000 years ago."
Thanks for this post! The maps are quite compelling.
Because I didn't get any hits, when I searched for the term 'Saharasia', I assume it might unknown here. That's why I post the following two links:

Welcome to the SAHARASIA Resource Page
Research Summary & Author Interview on SAHARASIA

The Author of this book, Dr. James DeMeo, is an independent researcher in the wake of Wilhelm Reich. He tackles the desertification of the Sahara and its consequences from an anthropological perspective and developed a so called World Behavior Map:

1569474833499.png

Source: Research Summary & Author Interview on Saharasia, Origins of Violence

DeMeo works within the consensual chronology that fits into the timeframe of KD's citation above. Nevertheless his work contains many topics that might be of interest to other visitors of this forum. IMO, his results (suggested hypotheses) do not contradict a shorter timeframe of 400-450 years.

zxcv0

Reactions
let me ask you, than what is the reason the true history of mankind is hided from people?
I keep coming back to the same answer every time I contemplate this question.

Whoever knows about our true history must feel obligated to keep this knowledge hidden. If the truth ever came out, they must suspect that it would cause widespread panic and disrupt everyday life. I can't see any other plausible reason why there is so much mystery regarding our history.

As spring follows winter, there is ample evidence to suggest that this world of ours undergoes periodic cataclysms. There is also reason to believe that there exist both long and short cycles with varying levels of destruction. Some of these cycles could be as short as 200 years, and as long as 25,000. Naturally, they are tied to the machinations of the sun (in particular sun spots), the solar system, and the effect this has on climate, as well as natural phenomena like earthquakes.

For me, it is the one obvious answer to this perplexing question. The truth is being hidden because, if it wasn't, the human race could not be trusted to continue living life in its current guise. The panic would be too great, and disruption of 'normal' life too severe. Mayhem would prevail in a society which knows that it's teetering on the edge of extinction.

Nothing else - including mass genocide and other acts of invasion or enslavement - satisfactorily explains why so much effort is taken to obfuscate the truth about our past.

Of course, I readily admit that the cataclysm theory could be a psyop, particularly in light of how much mainstream attention it receives. But the evidence for it nonetheless remains compelling.

zxcv0

Reactions
I thought about extra lands and different worlds before. Now I simply think that we get wacked every 250-500 years. TPTB does not really wants us to know.
Right, and it may be no coincidence we have a precipitous fall in global temperature every couple of hundred years.

In their eyes, they most likely believe they are doing us a favour by protecting us from ourselves. The theory also helps explain why people would participate in such mischief and lying. When you believe you're acting for the greater good of everyone, no lie is off limits.

Tazx55

Reactions
Funny thing...yesterday we were in a map shop here in Prague near the Castle and what do we find? Maps from the 1600's with all the details of Africa in clear detail, top to bottom, left to right! Then we flip through another file of maps and there is a map from 1860 and Africa is mostly blanked out! Most of western Africa and a lot of the interior is empty space. A few 'settlements' but mostly unknown lands.
Same thing with North America. We were shocked at the changes in maps of North America. I will post on another forum about North America.
We took some pics of the African maps and I will upload later when I get home.
Post automatically merged:

Funny thing...yesterday we were in a map shop here in Prague near the Castle and what do we find? Maps from the 1600's with all the details of Africa in clear detail, top to bottom, left to right! Then we flip through another file of maps and there is a map from 1860 and Africa is mostly blanked out! Most of western Africa and a lot of the interior is empty space. A few 'settlements' but mostly unknown lands.
Same thing with North America. We were shocked at the changes in maps of North America. I will post on another forum about North America.
We took some pics of the African maps and I will upload later when I get home.
Oh yeah sorry...there was no giant area called the Sahara Desert!

Last edited:

Starmonkey

Reactions
I keep coming back to the same answer every time I contemplate this question.

Whoever knows about our true history must feel obligated to keep this knowledge hidden. If the truth ever came out, they must suspect that it would cause widespread panic and disrupt everyday life. I can't see any other plausible reason why there is so much mystery regarding our history.

As spring follows winter, there is ample evidence to suggest that this world of ours undergoes periodic cataclysms. There is also reason to believe that there exist both long and short cycles with varying levels of destruction. Some of these cycles could be as short as 200 years, and as long as 25,000. Naturally, they are tied to the machinations of the sun (in particular sun spots), the solar system, and the effect this has on climate, as well as natural phenomena like earthquakes.

For me, it is the one obvious answer to this perplexing question. The truth is being hidden because, if it wasn't, the human race could not be trusted to continue living life in its current guise. The panic would be too great, and disruption of 'normal' life too severe. Mayhem would prevail in a society which knows that it's teetering on the edge of extinction.

Nothing else - including mass genocide and other acts of invasion or enslavement - satisfactorily explains why so much effort is taken to obfuscate the truth about our past.

Of course, I readily admit that the cataclysm theory could be a psyop, particularly in light of how much mainstream attention it receives. But the evidence for it nonetheless remains compelling.
"Normal life"...BORING!!
It's ACTUALLY because we create our reality and would (obviously?) choose a different one if we collectively realized that.
No "angels" or "aliens" or "others". Just us, baby. Just us.
And there IS power in numbers, if you can get anyone to believe the same things anymore. Besides divide, conquer, distract, program, entrain, stereotype, isms and memes... CHAOS.
And I straight up mean it. Individuals can opt out, individually. But if you want to take on the MONSTER... Good luck. Game is rigged from the conventional standpoint. But they can't stop you if you keep a low profile and just do it for yourself.
"They". Ha. "You". "Me". "That guy"...

dreamtime

Reactions
In the universal language that preceded the event that we know as the destruction of the tower of babylon, the word „sahara“ likely refers to grass or vegetation in some way. In the old germanic language, sahar or sahirahi means sedge/common reed.

The connection to vegetation can still be seen in the Japanese language, where Aokigahara - Wikipedia is the name of a forest.

Feralimal

Reactions
In their eyes, they most likely believe they are doing us a favour by protecting us from ourselves. The theory also helps explain why people would participate in such mischief and lying. When you believe you're acting for the greater good of everyone, no lie is off limits.
Is very hard to know why they keep history hidden.

I tend to think they operate within some sort legal or moral framework. There seem to be rules to what occurs, but these don't work on an intuitive or commonly understood moral or emotional basis. I don't get it anyway.

In support of it being for their benefit (not ours) is that they are use their information advantage to dumb us down and play tricks on us. It's very hard to leverage ourselves into a position where we are even able to extend a meaningful, freewill, choice after the years of mis-education and programming. In the meantime they have sorted themselves with deep bunkers etc.

I also wonder how much what we believe plays a role in what we experience. Say, we believe that an apocalypse is inevitable, does that actually make it occur?

Starmonkey

Reactions
Is very hard to know why they keep history hidden.

I tend to think they operate within some sort legal or moral framework. There seem to be rules to what occurs, but these don't work on an intuitive or commonly understood moral or emotional basis. I don't get it anyway.

In support of it being for their benefit (not ours) is that they are use their information advantage to dumb us down and play tricks on us. It's very hard to leverage ourselves into a position where we are even able to extend a meaningful, freewill, choice after the years of mis-education and programming. In the meantime they have sorted themselves with deep bunkers etc.

I also wonder how much what we believe plays a role in what we experience. Say, we believe that an apocalypse is inevitable, does that actually make it occur?
Hopefully.
Although I'm not that into the idea of ARMAGEDDON. An Apocalypse is in the works...
Yes, the media is used to manipulate our beliefs and convince us to follow or support. In MANY ways. But the main is they need a majority of the creative energy in order to make it happen.
Fragmenting belief systems are going to backfire on the whole thing, though.
The GENETIC MIND...

Feralimal

Reactions
Yes. Armageddon is a much better term. I was using apocalypse in the common way. I agree, apocalypse (revealing the tricks) is happening/has happened.

Well, are the systems fragmenting? I think most of us are on (or being moved to) some sort technocratic, scientism religion, where the government and its experts will save us all from ourselves. In a way we would all be on the same page. Our collective beliefs would have similar alignment. And as 'they' do have control of history, science, education - they sort of control the ideas we can even conceive of. And if we get a clue, it takes a long time to work out way through the rabbit hole, if we even make it through.

My view is probably that these are dire times for the collective as they are so badly confused - they are putty in 'their' hands. On the other hand, these are great times for individuals with critical thinking abilities as it is possible to access information to try to understand so much more. Who of us would have the view on history we have now, even 5 years ago?

Starmonkey

Reactions
Yes. Armageddon is a much better term. I was using apocalypse in the common way. I agree, apocalypse (revealing the tricks) is happening/has happened.

Well, are the systems fragmenting? I think most of us are on (or being moved to) some sort technocratic, scientism religion, where the government and its experts will save us all from ourselves. In a way we would all be on the same page. Our collective beliefs would have similar alignment. And as 'they' do have control of history, science, education - they sort of control the ideas we can even conceive of. And if we get a clue, it takes a long time to work out way through the rabbit hole, if we even make it through.

My view is probably that these are dire times for the collective as they are so badly confused - they are putty in 'their' hands. On the other hand, these are great times for individuals with critical thinking abilities as it is possible to access information to try to understand so much more. Who of us would have the view on history we have now, even 5 years ago?
So right, so right.
It won't be the same for everyone either. Time to recreate the village, even just virtually. Maybe this connection, even when we're all physically separated can help weather the storms.
What do we want to create next?...

Huaqero

Reactions
Here are some Sahara sat images for you...
-------------------------------------------------

Ok, who cuts the desert rock like baklava?
(Thanks to vlad9vt for his video on Tassili n'Ajjer! I had never heard of it)
images.jpg

Screenshot_407.jpg

Screenshot_281.jpg
Screenshot_282.jpg
Screenshot_289.jpg

Screenshot_270.jpg

Who covered with sand the Sahara highways?
(most images are around the location pinned on this first image)
Screenshot_1bb.jpg
Screenshot_4 (4).jpg
Screenshot_5 (4).jpg

Screenshot_2 (2).jpg

(my favourite, I regret that I didn't pin the location of this one but it was found following one of the lines; lots of other intersections, too, though)

I showed this one via twitter (sadly, that was my old, now banned account) to astrophysicist Antonio Paris, known for a smart proposal for cracking the WOW signal.
Here was his answer:
Screenshottt.png

:rolleyes: A natural 90deg cross section of kms long lines? :unsure:
That would look natural on Mars, too, then, 'planetary scientist'... !

And, what's going on in this fantastic area? (many things)

Screenshot_435.jpg

Screenshot_433.jpg

A h-u-g-e lousy geoglyph...!
Screenshot_434.jpg

Cuts on the rock everywhere, on every scale imaginable...!
Screenshot_439.jpg

And here is an image that, I believe, largely supports Global Vision's suggestion of Sahara (and big sand masses, in generally) being the byproduct of huge scale mining.
What do we see here, and in Tassili n'Ajjer?
I would say that we see a series of lines cutting the bedrock into squares, rock cubes are then detached, ground to sand and then left behind as ... the Sahara we all know and love. >
Screenshot_451.jpg

What do you think?

Attachments

Last edited: