400 year old Sahara Desert, or why people forgot everything they knew about Africa

Spykgb

Reactions
I am so glad I found this website/ community. I've only read small portions of information in my research of drastic changes occurring centuries ago, and I feel more sane seeing others coming to a simliar conclusion. That some major event happened during the 1800s that changed the complete landscape of the world. I cannot wait to wade through all the information people have put together here. Obviously centuries ago information was a lot less centralized and personal first hand accounts of traders & explorers didn't have to go through some sort of official "scientific / academia" filter before it could be put to paper.
Yes this is a great site. Learning many new Actual history without the Kosher spin 😎

Magnetic

Reactions
Could you alert site member noblewish to this theory? We were talking about the giant statues possibly having once been people turned to stone and she's very knowledgeable on the subject (microbiologist). I'd really like to hear a conversation between you two on the subject.
Yes I have left her a note.

asatiger1966

Reactions
Thanks, I appreciate it.

The thing is a few paragraphs in I'd get into things that are so preposterous, so over the top that most people wouldn't even consider what I'm saying. I tend to stray off the beaten path, mainstream version of things, and at some point anybody that hasn't really done the research get's turned away, it's just too much to take in.. Some call it cognitive dissonance.

And the entire discussion is so vast, and it only makes sense on a macro scale if you take into account all the little pieces of the puzzle that it's generally off-putting for most. (that type of 'too long, didn't read' mentality). And you can't really give someone the gist of it in 2 phrases, it doesn't work that way. I'm not trying to get people to believe what I'm saying, I just want to get people thinking and researching on their own.

Don't get me wrong, I'll write about it, it's what I set out to do a couple of years back, but I didn't have the capacity to imagine to scope of it all back then, it's been a hell of a ride. Part of the reasoning for joining this forum is that I feel it's a win-win situation. I get to share my thoughts with likeminded people, getting feedback and basically bouncing ideas around to get to the heart of the matter. In my mind I know this whole altered history is still just one piece of the puzzle, grant you an important one because it goes into identity, psychology and the likes, but still just one brick.
I've always had this obsession with contextualizing things and the problem with most historical researchers is that they are just historical researchers, not taking much of anything else into consideration. The way I see it the way you integrate whatever truth you learn in this field is the true art. How you allow it to mold your thoughts and bring you closer to the truth of what your true potential is and what the real nature of this world we live in is. My point is I've always thought the delivery(/the rhetoric) was crucial and given the complexity of the whole thing it's not really something you can rush into. Looking back I'm glad I didn't start writing the first 15 times I genuinely thought about it. Call me old-fashioned, but I think one should trully master a subject before attempting to present said subject to others.

Thanks again, and I appreciate the openness. It's a rare thing, it shouldn't be, but it is..
Your are a very perceptive man. We put this form into a category called intelligent recon. Meaning a state where you drop all preconceived ideas and all known previous knowledge. your goal is to see everything as if you have never been to Earth. So ask yourself what you see, hear, smell, feel and what does it mean to you. One lands in silence and starts understanding your surroundings.
Everyone on this site has a story. I would suggest that they are holding back waiting for someone else to start their conversation.

Every person wants to be liked and not ignored or rejected. So they hold the good info back. Now your with a group that needs evidence, but evidence could be different for each person looking at the same picture. Your buddies knew you were telling the truth because they also were having unique experiences. As recon we do not fully know what were looking for, but when you see it, all bets are off.
You will get better results by giving the group ideas to research. Your project will get results quicker.

A engineer in my group thinks the sand is a by product of heavy mining of rare earth minerals. My ranting is over for today.

whitewave

Reactions
A engineer in my group thinks the sand is a by product of heavy mining of rare earth minerals. My ranting is over for today.
I'm curious as to why he would think that? Does he have some evidence/experience that would lead to that conclusion? I'm not doubting him (or you); I just like to follow the path of peoples' reasoning to see how they arrived at their conclusions. Helps to open your perspective to see things from others points of view.

asatiger1966

Reactions
Correct all you're your grammar errors instantly. Try it now.
disintegrate
I'm curious as to why he would think that? Does he have some evidence/experience that would lead to that conclusion? I'm not doubting him (or you); I just like to follow the path of peoples' reasoning to see how they arrived at their conclusions. Helps to open your perspective to see things from others points of view.
Desert sand is composed almost exclusively of rounded quartz grains . Quartz is used in many electrical devises, so it would be a high mining priority. The historians believe that minerals disintegrate over time, thousands of years. history shows that a major portion of our planet was extensively mined in the past, leaving behind mounds of unwanted chips or gains. newearth videos, has two good videos on this topic.
The miners used machines similar, based on footprints of mining, to what we use today, they produce large chunks of rock that are put through crushers that diminish until they get the proper size for their use. Dumping the granules in a pile. Australia , the center of the island was mined level. Ever wonder why salt lakes were flat. salt is a by product of mining.

I will send more on mining later, Thanks

The Crocodile was just for fun.

00379-IMG_7454-304-15-mm-Libya-Sahara.jpgSir Lanka.jpgAustralian mining.jpgUyuni-Salt-Flats-Bolivia-6.jpg
The Bonneville Salt Flats.jpgCrocodile big.jpgSpoil from mining.jpgvic_elevation1.png

Magnetic

Reactions
Correct all you're your grammar errors instantly. Try it now.
disintegrate

Desert sand is composed almost exclusively of rounded quartz grains . Quartz is used in many electrical devises, so it would be a high mining priority. The historians believe that minerals disintegrate over time, thousands of years. history shows that a major portion of our planet was extensively mined in the past, leaving behind mounds of unwanted chips or gains. newearth videos, has two good videos on this topic.
The miners used machines similar, based on footprints of mining, to what we use today, they produce large chunks of rock that are put through crushers that diminish until they get the proper size for their use. Dumping the granules in a pile. Australia , the center of the island was mined level. Ever wonder why salt lakes were flat. salt is a by product of mining.

I will send more on mining later, Thanks

The Crocodile was just for fun.
My hypothesis of sand generation from electrical fusing atmospheric N2 into Silica and then oxidized to sand would form round grains. The salt is the remains of ocean salt waters that left it's courses due to catastrophic magneto electric disruption. The scale of the Sahara and other features rule out mining as a cause. A natural explanation for these phenomena seem scaleable whereas mining does not scale to Saharan proportions.

Whaduzitake

Reactions
108 degrees F today so everyone is sucking up the electric and my computer keeps shutting off when the breaker blows. Too aggravating to deal with that anymore today but I'll get to it. Here's one to whet your appetite:

In 1982, Robert F. Marx, the father of underwater archaeology, went to Brazil to see about some amphoras (Roman vases) found by a fisherman. He not only found more vases but the entire shipwreck from which they came. Being a big shot, Brazilian government knew he was there and what he was doing. When he excitedly declared that these were ancient Roman artifacts and wanted to leave to get funding for a full expedition and shipwreck retrieval the Brazilian government freaked out. Since the news of the find had already been published, the Italian ambassador to Brazil tried to lay claim to Brazils' territory saying that there was now proof that the Romans were there before the Brazilians. The Brazilians shut that site down, covering with 100 tons of silt and making a law that no one can ever do underwater reclamations again. There are over 100 shipwrecks around Brazil that are known but no one is allowed to retrieve anything from them.

I can kind of understand their point of view since Italy was being jerks about it but that's one of the milder stories.
This is really interesting, and contemporary evidence of why all the lies and fabrications here in the U.S. and no doubt, elsewhere. Do you have any other stories like this to share? I'd be interested in reading them. I think this story kind of explains/illustrates exactly why we've been lied to.

LetsHak

Reactions
Perhaps the majority of the sub-tropical population was driven from their natural home so that the future medical establishment would have a sickly population to farm? (Root hypothesis is that humans are a tropical species. While we can adapt to other environments, it creates a whole slew of health problems upon which an unscrupulous medical industry can make ungodly fortunes.)

Bear Claw

Reactions
400 year old maps do not really have deserts anywhere in the world. I’m inclined to think that african transformation is a humanoid caused cataclysm. Close examination of the surface via Google earth shows multiple circular craters. The shape somewhat eliminates an idea of an asteroid type damages.

The other part is where the mountains of fine sand came from. Scientific explanation is pretty funny if you look it up.

And as far as archeological discoveries go. Sahara has multiple cities buried under these mountains of sand. A simple overlay of the older maps over current ones will show where thry are at. Do archeologists look for those cities? Clearly they are not. They do not need any star shaped fortifications dug out from underneath a “million year old” mountain of sand.
Whilst I agree with the overall assessment that the Sahara is far younger than Science tells us, and your research strikes a chord with me, to the point that I very much am on board with your thesis, I do think it would be useful to point out that the 1570 map does have 'deserta' written on it around central Sahara. I am pointing out not to negate your prognosis as it certainly doesn't do that in my mind but as it is perhaps a crease to iron out. Certainly that map, amongst the others has far sufficient evidence to suggest that the Sahara was far more inhabitable than it is these days.

I have a fairly distant, and unfortunately hard to pinpoint memory of me being aware of a place called the Kingdom of Sara from somewhere (Max Igan???), although I must admit that I enjoy his voice for going to sleep to, so I often have vague memories. Is this something you have come across?

A brief web search brings up a character from Dr Who, called Sara Kingdom. Curiously an even briefer search of her web page cites slightly strange sounding episodes appeared in. For instance 'Home Truths; 'The Drowned World;' 'The Destroyers' ' Coronas of the Sun' I do think it is a fair assessment to write this off as coincidence (or that writers of sci-fi programmes probably look to myth for inspiration). However reading some of the wikipedia quotes have eerie parallels. For instance, one episode the Doctor activates a device called the Time Destructor, a device that accelerates time to stop the Daleks. The device rapidly ages everything around it. Sara Kingdom ages to dust.

Seeker 101

Reactions
I was thinking more about this over breakfast today. To be a conventional materialist is actually quite an extreme position to take when you realize the entire contents and phenomena of Mind (e.g., the only thing we are actually able to experience) cannot be accounted for by the physical. Probably for the vast majority of human history this has been recognized, until this past century or so. I was reading just the other day about spontaneous human combustion, and let me tell you, the 18th century accounts were a lot more plausible than the out-of-hand dismissals given in the Wiki page itself -- "Oh, it was probably just some unaccounted-for ignition in each case, not hard to explain". A "critic" (how can you be a critic of a phenomenon??) dismisses the entire thing by basically saying, "if this was real, then why doesn't it happen more often then, hm?" They pull this shit out of thin air!

Nowadays, what's non-physical, what's mysterious, or what's difficult to describe is not merely "unknown," but "ridiculous," "impossible," and able to be dismissed out of hand by the extremist ideologue of materialism.

You ever watch that bizarre dinosaur sitcom, with the evil logging company? It was called WE SAY SO and that captures so much of the authoritarian machine that instructs us on what to believe -- or at least, why we're supposed to believe it.
Well said. On the spontaneous human combustion subject, the most interesting, thought provoking thing I've read on it is, someone suggested that the reason we don't see, hear of them anymore, is that someone, military, special ops, secret service, was experimenting with a 'ray' of sorts and chose loners, those 'who wouldn't be missed' to test it on. Perhaps as a forerunner to the DEW class of weapon.
400 year old maps do not really have deserts anywhere in the world. I’m inclined to think that african transformation is a humanoid caused cataclysm. Close examination of the surface via Google earth shows multiple circular craters. The shape somewhat eliminates an idea of an asteroid type damages.

The other part is where the mountains of fine sand came from. Scientific explanation is pretty funny if you look it up.

And as far as archeological discoveries go. Sahara has multiple cities buried under these mountains of sand. A simple overlay of the older maps over current ones will show where they are at. Do archeologists look for those cities? Clearly they are not. They do not need any star shaped fortifications dug out from underneath a “million year old” mountain of sand.
On circular craters, the Thunderbolts of the Gods people, Wal Thornhill et al, have a more cogent explanation. Massive lightning strikes at right angles to the surface, leaving circular depressions, and vertical walls with raised centers. Meteorite strikes mostly occur at angles to the surface other than 90 degrees and an elongated depression with no center spike. Simple ballistics tests vs high voltage sparks have confirmed this without a shadow of doubt. This would help explain the plain of glass in N. Africa.

I might suggest searching for 'the day the earth stood still' and 'Joshua's long day.' Many cultures talk of this and of the fact that the sun once rose in the West. Again I'd refer to the Thunderbolts site for some of that info. Imagine if the sun came up in the west, the weather patterns would be totally different. Would this go some way to explain the sudden collapse of South American cultures, the sudden appearance of jungle in Amazonia? The deserted west coast and massive irrigation all in decay. Ditto SE Asia. Australian, North American and many other Aborigines have much in their history that supports this assertion. Think of what has been lost thanks to the genocide of various cultures.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

The thing is a few paragraphs in I'd get into things that are so preposterous, so over the top that most people wouldn't even consider what I'm saying. I tend to stray off the beaten path, mainstream version of things, and at some point anybody that hasn't really done the research gets turned away, it's just too much to take in.. Some call it cognitive dissonance.
Great thoughts in your first comment. I'd encourage you not to over think it and just start a new thread. I've been an alternate history buff for a couple of decades and have my own thoughts of Australia, where I live.
I like what you've done with the names, I'm often doing the same. I love etymology, the derivation of words. Australia contains Au, the symbol for gold, though supposedly derived from the Latin australis for southern. there are extensive ancient mines here predating even the Aboriginals and pyramids, pyre-amid=fire in the middle? Someone once wrote that the gold was being taken by aliens to form a gold dust shield around Niburu, to prevent heat loss much like the US is trying to do now with aluminium and barium to prevent heat gain. As someone pointed out that makes Ba-Al=Baal! Hmm?
The Mahabharata is a wealth of info about previous civilization and atomic warfare when read with the right mind set, as is Revelations and the ancient Norse "myth" Ragnarök - Wikipedia . Myth is one of those words used to make one question the reality of a story. Why would a tribe carry a "story" for hundreds of years if it was just a story? Surely these things really happened and an oral tradition is the only safe way of transporting it to the future unlike corruptible, easily lost, stolen writing? While on words and their use as propaganda, Pixie, a small, diminutive, relatively powerless people. A corruption of two words, the Picts and the Siddhes, both very war like tribes and not to be tangled with. But, as always, the winners write the history, so, to take away their status as great fighters, they were diminished in statue and called Pixies and a real myth was created.

Last edited:

Someone

Reactions
I have seen once a video, i dont remember very much of it to find it fast, but it talks about desertification and associates it indirectly with animals, had something to do with the animal feces, and covering the soil, so it could avoid erosion and holds the humidity. Could a mass extinction and a chain reaction be part of this puzle?

UnusualBean

Reactions
I have seen once a video, i dont remember very much of it to find it fast, but it talks about desertification and associates it indirectly with animals, had something to do with the animal feces, and covering the soil, so it could avoid erosion and holds the humidity. Could a mass extinction and a chain reaction be part of this puzle?
Herbivorous animals, especially large ruminants like bovine, can prevent and reverse desertification just by existing in the wild or at pasture. It's one of the reasons 100% grass fed beef and dairy are growing in demand so rapidly these days. Removing the herbivores won't cause soil to turn into sand, though, so all that sand in the Sahara still had to come from somewhere.

As for mass extinction, there was a huge global extinction of large mammals (think mammoths) around 12,000 years ago.... or, they say it was 12,000 years ago, but I suspect it was more on the order of hundreds of years ago instead of thousands.

Lurck

Reactions
REVERSING DESERTIFICATION.
Alan Savory worked in southern Africa for some decades trying to reverse desertification. Initially, he thought grazing promoted desertification, so he tried to reduce grazing, but it didn't help much. Eventually he discovered that one form of grazing actually does reverse desertification substantially. It involves concentrated grazing in small areas for short periods of time followed by some weeks or months of no grazing on that land. That's how the large herds of wild animals in Africa graze. They stay in small areas for short time periods, then move on to another area. He said predators help to keep the herds moving after short grazing periods. But humans can move smaller herds around in a similar way. What the intensive but brief grazing does is knock down dead plants and some live ones and mix them with urine and manure (adding organic matter to the soil) so seeds will grow quickly and prolifically after the herd moves on and will have time to reach good size so the plants can stand being grazed on again later. He did a TED talk on this a few years ago. He has or had a website about it too, and he had organized a way to teach people worldwide to learn his method.

I read long ago that the Moors of northwest Africa used to practice good agricultural methods that helped prevent desertification. It seems like it said they used irrigation systems etc extensively. But when they were conquered by someone, desertification proceeded quickly, causing the Sahara to greatly increase in size. I can't find info on that by a quick web search right now, but maybe I could if I could think of better search terms.

I'm glad to see that some of the members here are familiar with the The Thunderbolts Project ™ – A voice for the Electric Universe website. I hope to have good discussions soon with folks here on that and these other interesting topics. The Younger Dryas impacts and extinctions is one of those other interesting topics too.

THE OLD MAPS OF AFRICA.
Probably over 10 years ago I checked out Fomenko's theory of shortening history and found that it seems incorrect, so I'm not inclined to suppose that history is wrong to such an extreme, but I believe in being open-minded and I may like to do a scientific comparison of several similar theories to try to make a determination of what the probability is for each one, kind of like what I did with Earth models a year ago. So far I've only looked somewhat closely at the first two maps in the OP, from 1475 and 1570, and I only noticed that the second one seems quite a bit different from the first one, the second being more arid and showing a more correct outline of Africa, I think. I don't know if anyone knows who made all of the maps and how, but it would certainly help to know that, if anyone does. If any member/s of this forum site have done more investigating online etc, it might help if they share here what they found. In skimming through this thread I didn't notice any such findings mentioned beyond the OP. Otherwise, it would be good to have one or more volunteers to do some checking. And I'd like to hear what any experts might have to say on the subject. Geography and History scholars may have some answers as to why the older maps may show more detail and less desert than later maps. It might also help to contact people in Africa to discuss the theory of the OP, such as regarding what the locals know of African history and whether a catastrophe may have occurred a few hundred years ago. How does that sound as a potential plan?

Last edited: