1516: Noah in Tartary

I understand that Noy and Noah could be two different individuals, but judging but what we can see here, Noah=Noy. According to Genesis 8:4, Noah's Ark landed on the "mountains of Ararat". Roughly, that would be between the Black and Caspian Seas. Noah died 350 years after the flood, at the age of 950, the last of the extremely long-lived Antediluvian patriarchs. The Masoretic Text of the Torah places the Great Deluge 1,656 years after Creation, or 1656 AM (Anno Mundi, "Year of the World"). Many attempts have been made to place this time-span at a specific date in history. At the turn of the 17th century CE, Joseph Scaliger placed Creation at 3950 BCE, Petavius calculated 3982 BCE, and according to James Ussher's chronology, Creation took place in 4004 BCE, dating the Great Deluge to 2348 BCE.
I do not believe in none of the above mathematics, but if I were to play along, than I would approximate Noah's death at about 2,000 BCE.

1615 Map
Google translated description: Carta marina navigation Portugallen long voyages, to the world of the earth and of the sea, and of the whole of the thing known, and confirmed by the form of the ancient tradition of the nature of the position of the different times, and the bounds of our own souls, and those I speak of an old they do not remember the author, in general, indicates that these...
noah-1.jpg

A certain King Noah is present in the book of Mormon, but as we know, Mormonism was initiated by John Smith sometime in 1820s.
  • According to the Book of Mormon, King Noah was a wicked monarch best known for burning the prophet Abinadi at the stake. King Noah, described in the Book of Mosiah, is said to have presided over a wicked kingdom guided by false priests. Noah succeeds his father Zeniff, and is succeeded by his son Limhi.
I am not versed in anything Mormon related, but one way or the other, why do we have one of the historical Noahs on this 1615 Map? May be the accompanying description could shed some light, but I have no idea what it says.

noah-2.jpg

KD: If this Noy is indeed our biblical Noah, than whoever chose to depict him (in Tartary) on the above 1615 map, did so approximately 3,600 years after the death of Noah. Why would a 1615 map titled "Carta marina navigation Portugallen long voyages..." have biblical Noah placed not too far from the alleged landing place of the Noah's Ark?

Nuremberg_chronicles_f_11r_1.jpg

Unless you are aware of any Noahs of 1600s, this could be an additional indication of our calendar being seriously screwed up. When did the Flood event really take place, 4,000 years ago, or 500?

Good find...I don't think the map is referring to Baiju Noyan even though it says in Waldseemuller's description that Noy is referred to as him...as I covered the Waldseemuller map of America falsely claimed Vespucci as the namesake of the New World so I can't put much stock into Noy referring to a military commander who supposedly existed about 300 years before this map...interesting that Baiju was said to have a military comprised of both Christians and infidels amongst his Tartar/Mongol ranks...and had Pope Innocent IV sending him emissaries and supposedly wanting the Pope's submission...I think this Tartar/Mongol empire is far beyond what we were taught and is the true key to Revelations

Found one more map with Noah on it.

If you know what it says, please share.

I think it says roughly "Here Noah, prince of the Tartars and imperator (in the litteral sense of highest commander/general) of 600 armed men (not completely sure about the word preceding 600, therefore the meaning could be different), commands and moves (in the sense that this is his territory)"

edit: not "imperator" but "imperat", therefore he "commands upon" and not "the imperator of"... maybe

@KorbenDallas I want to say that it also makes sense to have this character around the Caspian Sea, given the other thread about the Aral Sea. There's definitely a connection of sort

Last edited:
By the way, a Roman cohort was made up of 600 men and 10 cohorts made up a legion (Coorte - Wikipedia - in Italian language). Therefore it should be implied the existence of other 9 cohorts somewhere. The commander of the cohort was the primus pilus and one of the sub-sections of the cohort was that of the principes (Cohort (military unit) - Wikipedia). Here Noah is called princeps tartarorum... And what about the famous "lost 10 tribes of Israel"?

Here's more info that may go a bit on a tangent connecting to other threads but here's more sources:

Nui is Noah.

1629165860552.jpg

SOURCE

Tartar main city named Nui-ching.

This one had pieces of paper laid over the scan to prevent reading the names in the genealogy.

1629166005748.jpg

SOURCE

Ogus Khan 9 generations from Japhet. Similar to Moctezuma 9 generations from Wotan.

1629166034680.jpg

SOURCE

Ogus Khan is "Madyes"

1629166081639.jpg

SOURCE

More than 1000 year gaps between conventional timeline and this source. 637 Year of Christ. Turned into 600's BC.

1629166105101.jpg

SOURCE

He was the leader of the Scythians from - Madius - Wikipedia

1629166713231.png

Labelled as 634 BC in this book.

Connections to the Long Headed Tartar's, Ogus Khan, and the Huns.

Ogus a Siberian? Suvorov, Yermak, Pugachev, Razin and the Siberian War

1629166670481.jpg

SOURCE

A few interesting references and an acknowledgement of lost history.

1629079563604.jpg

SOURCE

Last edited:
1630526228725.jpg

This is the transcription of the text: Hic dominatur et ambulat contra plos Noy princeps tartarorum et imperator sup 600 armatorum virorum.
The translation is: Reigns and walks against us like Noah, prince of the Tartars and emperor of over 600 armed men.

It is an handwriting called Lowercase Gothic or Proto-Gothic or Ancient Gothic. The map should have been made in Europe coz this kind of style was first used in Normandy, then in England and France; it will then spread to northern Germany, Scandinavia, Spain and some areas of Italy. The historic period when it was in use span across the XIV and the XV century

ref: Scrittura Gotica

If you know what it says, please share.
noah_caspian2.jpg

I think I've got the final 'correct' translation.

Hic dominatur et ambulat contra persos Noy princeps tartarorum et imperator super 600 armatorum virorum.
Here rules Noah, prince of the Tartars and emperor of more than 600 armed men, and makes war against the Persians.

Persians is written as 'psos' where we can see that strange P and that strange S like in the following 'sup', a contraction for super.

Immagine 2022-07-27 003213.jpg
Immagine 2022-07-27 003254.jpg

The previous map probably confirms the same if we interpret '9tra' as 'contra', against.

noah-2.jpg

This map seems to add that he took both Christian and Saracen provinces and subjugated Persia, Usabad (a city?) and Syria. I'm not totally certain about it, but in another part of the map it is said that Sultan Halapie pays tribute to the Tartars (don't know if Halapie is the Sultan's name or it's the city of Aleppo).

Similar articles

Back