1969 Soyuz-4 and 5, Earth from space, no fisheye lens, and flat horizon

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Was sent this video of Russian astronauts in the near Earth orbit in 1969. I would not go as far as considering it space, but they appear to be up there. They are clearly not using no fish eye lens, and the horizon looks pretty flat. Hence I have two questions.

08:29-08:40 and 17:22-18:40

1. Why these days astronauts use fisheye lens in space, when they know that they are being heavily criticized for that?

flat_earth_from_space_2.pngflat_earth_from_space_3.pngflat_earth_from_space_4.pngflat_earth_from_space_5.png

2. For my personal education. What island is that?

08:35
08-35 earth from space.png

Google image search tells me it's a woodpecker :unsure:

woodpecker.png

Magnus

Reactions
Look at that grid lines. Where is this image of earth? Can you find on google earth the perfect grid lines?

Thats the top of a sewer grate, not earth.

Look at the perfect grid lines, 90 degree angles intersecting.

Dirigible

Reactions
@KorbenDallas , thanks for that video... I paused it a few times, got a ruler out placed it at the end points to see if it was truly straight or if there was any curve... completely unscientific, I know, but what else do we have.

Based on this unscientific test, there is a very very VERY slight convex curve... and it could be just due to light reflection.

@Magnus .... those gridlines are part of the camera so that measurements to scale could be made.

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Any ideas what that Island is, and where it’s at?

Bumi.Rata

Reactions
1500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you knew that people were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.... Agent K (Men in Black)

Heliocentric started by Nicolaus Copernicus (1473-1543) around 500 years ago. Before that, it was Geocentric.

You may download "200 proofs Earth is not a spinning ball" for the pdf.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dirigible

Reactions
Any ideas what that Island is, and where it’s at?
Well, according to this (only flight path info I can find, and it looks to be more modern), looks like it could be in the northern part of Japan. Can't find the flightpath for the other part of the Earth realm.

1500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you knew that people were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.... Agent K (Men in Black)

Heliocentric started by Nicolaus Copernicus (1473-1543) around 500 years ago. Before that, it was Geocentric.

200 proofs Earth is not a spinning ball
That last link "200 proofs" is broken, can you link elsewhere?

Last edited:
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
No clue, I'll look around
To be that huge from low Earth otbit it has to be pretty big. This google-christened Woodpecker Island has to be fairly big. I look at maps all the time and it does not ring a bell at all. It has a very distinctive shape. I’m real interested to find out where it’s at.

humanoidlord

Reactions
wait i am confused, din't you say that man has never been to space before
also there is a curvature here, very small but existent

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
the karman line
Officially yes. That’s what everyone is thinking when they hear the word Space... 60 miles above Earth.

Anyways, and how high are those guys in the video, because I do not really know. They claim they are in space, but how high are they really?

humanoidlord

Reactions
Officially yes. That’s what everyone is thinking when they hear the word Space... 60 miles above Earth.

Anyways, and how high are those guys in the video, because I do not really know. They claim they are in space, but how high are they really?
they must be in orbit otherwise they would just fall down

Timeshifter

Reactions
I would say the use of wide angle lens by all space agencies is to perpeptuate the people debating the flat/globe through argument over their fake cgi imagery. While ever we are stuck in these arguments wider questions in general do not get asked (outside of forums such as SH) if there is doubt, people in the main tend to side with the official narrative.

A slight asside..Notice how much debris? Is floating by on the video, especially at the 17.20 - 18.40 part.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KorbenDallas Space Travel and Moon Landing 31