1863 city photographs

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
It starts to appear that something very global happened on our planet between 1855 and 1865. I think this is where the generational information break could be. In other words why we do not remember certain things like buried 19th century buildings.

After something happened to the original inhabitants of those cities, the new ones were brought in. ... My little hypothesis.

A lot of things took place then. Like civil war, crimean war, super flood covering multiple states, abolition of servitude in Russia and what not. Hence all those empty cities with no people.

I think it was a global event of the planetary proportions.

See if you can find city photographs for 1863. Do you see anything wrong or suspicious in the existing ones? Somehow it appears that we have a lot of drawings substituting actual photos.

PrincepAugus

If we are to assume the mainstream timeline, the reason there are more drawings than pictures was that not everyone had access to it. And I haven't seen much to say they were altered in someway except maybe a tiny few. So I don't find that suspicious.

As for empty cities, there are many modern photographs that can also show populous cities be empty too, especially very late night/early morning. And given the fact of a lower population and more sparse land in between settled areas in the 17th to 19th century, nothing out of the ordinary too.

Though I would still want to research more about the existence of a "Great Tartary" empire.

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
I agree that everything is possible. At the same time somehow the availability of photo cameras in 1860s is not an issue when we talk about family photos vs New York, London, Moscow, Madrid, Boston. Could it be the lack of cameras? Sure it could. Could it be something else? I'm trying to figure out, for the conventional explanations are too easy to go with.

As far as staged or doctored photos go, not everything can be explained by a 4:30 am, or by a deliberate street clearing for a movie shoot.
Some things are harder to explain than others. For example the below attached Saint Petersburg image from 1861.

With all due respect, I think people out here are well versed in the traditional ways our historians explain events and various occurrences. It’s for those who are not satisfied by the provided answers to dig in, and look for other explanations.

I think there is more to the world wars surrounding 1860’s than history allows us to know.

Attachments

PrincepAugus

Oh wow, now I can see the discrepancy between family photos and city views. Hmm, still it would be more like how toady we will see more people take selfies and personal pictures more than people who travel or have a hobby or business in photography.

As for the Saint Petersburg photo, I find it weird that Russian city photos are almost always shown to be empty during times of war upheaval. It should be chaotic or business as usual, but they're all gone!

humanoidlord

and then there are those half picture half drawing, why anyone ould even do such a thing?!

whitewave

When I talk to people about ancient civilizations and technology I usually get asked, "If that's true, where are all the labor-saving gadgets they would have used?" I think if archaeologists quit calling everything they find a "religious object" we might have an answer to where all the labor-saving gadgets are.
The photographs definitely show a level of advancement that their alleged time period had not yet achieved.